Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 01:52 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,568,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not convinced they are a lock to get past Chicago and right now I'd be happy to wager on Atlanta over anyone else in the east.

Cleveland isn't playing *that* well. They have some "pieces" issues and don't forget Lebron is their only real playoff experience as coach, kyrie and Love and Thomspon have never been.

Atlanta also has the size that tends to give cleveland problems.
Yeah, ATL has more players with playoff experience than Cleveland and a coach with Finals experience. I guess we'll see what happens come playoff time. Sorry about your Bulls man, they always get hit with major injuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 02:48 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,308,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Yeah, ATL has more players with playoff experience than Cleveland and a coach with Finals experience. I guess we'll see what happens come playoff time. Sorry about your Bulls man, they always get hit with major injuries.
Right now it's tough to pick between the Cavs and Hawks. When healthy I think the Cavs are better, but the Hawks are a much deeper team. The Hawks can survive a couple injuries, but if James, Love, or Irving has a significant health issue they could be in trouble.

Still, the Cavs look like more of a playoff team than the Hawks to me, so if I had to pick I'd go with the Cavs.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Right now it's tough to pick between the Cavs and Hawks. When healthy I think the Cavs are better, but the Hawks are a much deeper team. The Hawks can survive a couple injuries, but if James, Love, or Irving has a significant health issue they could be in trouble.

Still, the Cavs look like more of a playoff team than the Hawks to me, so if I had to pick I'd go with the Cavs.
Well, we will see. Yes, the Hawks are are deeper than Cleveland. I can't wait until we get Thabo Sefolosha back. The Hawks also have players with more playoff experience than Cleveland...so intensity won't be a factor.

Right now, Cleveland is playing better but I we will see come playoff time.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,105,242 times
Quote:
Well, we will see. Yes, the Hawks are are deeper than Cleveland. I can't wait until we get Thabo Sefolosha back. The Hawks also have players with more playoff experience than Cleveland...so intensity won't be a factor.

Right now, Cleveland is playing better but I we will see come playoff time.
I don't think Kyle Korver will have many 3 point opportunities in a 7 game series. That works during the regular season but when you have to play the same team over and over they know your strengths and weaknesses which is

Strength...."Kyle Korver"

Weaknesses-"Scoring down low"

Old 03-04-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I don't think Kyle Korver will have many 3 point opportunities in a 7 game series. That works during the regular season but when you have to play the same team over and over they know your strengths and weaknesses which is

Strength...."Kyle Korver"

Weaknesses-"Scoring down low"
Man, that's too simple to say that Kyle is ATL's only strength. The team's strength is how they move the ball and spacing the floor well. Carrol is a good three point shooter in addition to Korver....don't sleep on Teague also. Paul Milsap can step out and hit the 3 too but it's cool to sleep on a team that had 4 all star players and a deep bench with experience. How many Hawks games have you seem man?

Also, wouldn't ATL know Cleveland's schemes too or does Cleveland just have that ability? When the game slows down, I think ATL will be alright.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Man, that's too simple to say that Kyle is ATL's only strength. The team's strength is how they move the ball and spacing the floor well. Carrol is a good three point shooter in addition to Korver....don't sleep on Teague also. Paul Milsap can step out and hit the 3 too but it's cool to sleep on a team that had 4 all star players and a deep bench with experience. How many Hawks games have you seem man?

Also, wouldn't ATL know Cleveland's schemes too or does Cleveland just have that ability? When the game slows down, I think ATL will be alright.
The Cavs have lebron which is the problem so that makes them favored to win. Who can the hawks depend on late in the game when a crucial bucket is needed? I hope I am wrong but I just don't see the cavs losing to no East team this year.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
The Cavs have lebron which is the problem so that makes them favored to win. Who can the hawks depend on late in the game when a crucial bucket is needed? I hope I am wrong but I just don't see the cavs losing to no East team this year.
We depend on who's open or who has the better shot.

I know that it's a simple statement but we look for the best shot 1 to 5... I mean, ATL can get the shot they want against Cleveland man. We have good players who hit shots and that's been the consistent narrative with ATL...different players step up. Exploit match-ups and get the good or open shot.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:42 PM
FBJ

Quote:
We depend on who's open or who has the better shot.

I know that it's a simple statement but we look for the best shot 1 to 5... I mean, ATL can get the shot they want against Cleveland man. We have good players who hit shots and that's been the consistent narrative with ATL...different players step up. Exploit match-ups and get the good or open shot.
The problem with Atlanta and Golden State is they have nowhere else to go for points contribution if the three pointer is not falling.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
The problem with Atlanta and Golden State is they have nowhere else to go for points contribution if the three pointer is not falling.
It's a big part of ATL's game but Jeff can drive on Cleveland's point guards. Milsap can score on Love. The Cavs aren't Memphis here. Teague and Schroeder are pretty good at attacking the rim.

Now, is Cleveland really built to defend a faceless team like ATL? Who's Cleveland's best defensive player? Will Cleveland be disciplined enough not to switch on defense and not help whenever Teague or Schroeder drives to the hoop?

Old 03-04-2015, 09:26 PM

14,722 posts, read 14,698,528 times
Cleveland plays isolation ball, and that works with a player of Lebron's caliber, but it leaves the rest of the team vulnerable if the shots aren't dropping. GS and ATL have adopted the Spurs style of ball movement which creates more options with every possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball