Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 08:47 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,048,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Old story here but: Why It's Time to Forgive Vince Carter.
This was a story of a clueless president, gm, and coaches.

"Meanwhile, whatever perceived sins Carter was guilty of in Toronto have never again manifested themselves in his long career, even as the Raptors have remained a franchise adrift all these years later. It’s worth asking if maybe, just maybe, Carter wasn’t the problem." (quote from the article that I linked).

The Reimagination of Vince Carter (full documentary)
If the sixers had missed the playoffs the playoffs in 2003 and 2004, im confident AI would have been gone before 2006

I find it funny that after AI and Vince battled in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals in 2001, both were knocked out in the 1st round the next season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 09:16 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,564,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
If the sixers had missed the playoffs the playoffs in 2003 and 2004, im confident AI would have been gone before 2006

I find it funny that after AI and Vince battled in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals in 2001, both were knocked out in the 1st round the next season
Maybe. I'm looking at what caused them to miss the playoffs those 3 years. Vince was just a scapegoat. That organization was inept and unstable. I mean, it's all proven...The Raptors failed him, the fans, and kind of messed themselves up too while VC had his best years in Jersey. Oh well... back to my point, it was stupid to trade him when they did (and going through a ridiculous smear campaign afterward) while he was THE MAN for your franchise. I don't think the organization played their hand right (should have resigned Tracy McGrady but that's another story).

Old 12-26-2014, 09:27 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Maybe. I'm looking at what caused them to miss the playoffs those 3 years. Vince was just a scapegoat. That organization was inept and unstable. I mean, it's all proven...The Raptors failed him, the fans, and kind of messed themselves up too while VC had his best years in Jersey. Oh well... back to my point, it was stupid to trade him when they did (and going through a ridiculous smear campaign afterward) while he was THE MAN for your franchise. I don't think the organization played their hand right (should have resigned Tracy McGrady but that's another story).
Really don't understand how they got put out in the 1st round the following season since they had the same team from the previous season minus charles oakley

Old 12-26-2014, 09:42 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,564,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Really don't understand how they got put out in the 1st round the following season since they had the same team from the previous season minus charles oakley
Oh, you don't understand how they lost to this team in the first round? They were the #7 seed & Detroit was the #2 seed.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:53 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Oh, you don't understand how they lost to this team in the first round? They were the #7 seed & Detroit was the #2 seed.
Ok I wonder how they became worst when they had the same team minus one guy lol. Maybe it was awful coaching.

I was picking them to reach the ECF that following year since I was so impressed at how they took the sixers to 7 games

BTW: If Vince carter had hit that winning jumpshot in game 7 after graduating earlier that day, that game would have been in my house until I was 80 years old lol

Old 12-30-2014, 07:31 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,485,065 times
The Pistons are looking good as of late. They've been winning all their games since they got rid of Josh Smith.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:42 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
The Pistons are looking good as of late. They've been winning all their games since they got rid of Josh Smith.
Wow I see the Hawks are looking fraudulent since they allowed the Cavs to comeback without Lebron

Old 12-30-2014, 10:39 PM

9,765 posts, read 7,485,605 times
What a game this Raptors/Blazers game has been! 2 of the 3 best in the league

Old 12-31-2014, 07:39 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,098,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
What a game this Raptors/Blazers game has been! 2 of the 3 best in the league
who would have ever thought we would read that.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:34 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
who would have ever thought we would read that.
True, and it's really really good for the league to see some of these "suffering" franchises having strong seasons.

Heck, Atlanta, Washington and Toronto ballin' in the east!
Golden State playing elite level ball.

I'm really really excited about the playoffs...which are 5 months away....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball