Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 08:11 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,395,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Where do you even come up with this garbage?

He freakin' hurt is knee, he's not refusing to play over demands for a new contract or whatnot.
Him sitting on the bench when he was entirely healthy earlier this year. Something about not wanting to jeopardize his health when he's older (absolutely laughable that he made those asinine statements) It was clear at that point his true character. He's a lazy, greedy -ss punk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 08:15 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,118,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I do: they never get to the finals, and it would really stick it to the consolidation-of-power elite structure of the NBA (The 'Big Three" super teams crap that is so problematic in the league) and that in itself is good enough for me.
I don't think many people are rushing home to see the Hawks and Warriors face off in the finals.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I don't think many people are rushing home to see the Hawks and Warriors face off in the finals.
Another reason that's good (to me). The scumbags that run the show (the Commish, the big channels TNT ABC, ESPN) just want ratings...

It's the same garbage with the NHL Winter Classic - same damn east coast bias - and not at all in the interest of the real fan.

Coming from MN I'm ALWAYS going to cheer for the small market, little guy teams. I absolutely loathe teams like the Heat and elsewhere that are "big market" and take away the small market franchise players.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:30 PM

78,679 posts, read 60,878,962 times
Quote:
Another reason that's good (to me). The scumbags that run the show (the Commish, the big channels TNT ABC, ESPN) just want ratings...

It's the same garbage with the NHL Winter Classic - same damn east coast bias - and not at all in the interest of the real fan.

Coming from MN I'm ALWAYS going to cheer for the small market, little guy teams. I absolutely loathe teams like the Heat and elsewhere that are "big market" and take away the small market franchise players.
The Hawks have about as many wins as the Lakers, Celtics and Knicks combined. Miami is likely to miss the playoffs too.

But wait...it's a conspiracy for the big markets!

Old 02-25-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Him sitting on the bench when he was entirely healthy earlier this year. Something about not wanting to jeopardize his health when he's older (absolutely laughable that he made those asinine statements) It was clear at that point his true character. He's a lazy, greedy -ss punk.
You need to turn off sports radio and start listening to some smooth jazz or something.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,118,015 times
As much as it pains me to say this, the league needs Lebron in the Finals now that Derrick Rose is out. The hawks have no stand out players just an all around good team. On the flipside, Curry is a star and it would be a nice matchup to see his team face the Cavs. I initially wanted the Cavs to fail but I think they need to be in the Finals vs

Spurs, Warriors, or Grizzlies.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
The Hawks have about as many wins as the Lakers, Celtics and Knicks combined. Miami is likely to miss the playoffs too.

But wait...it's a conspiracy for the big markets! :
If you're going to deny that there has been a movement by teams and players to consolidate and get together (Carmelo leaving for the Knicks, Paul leaving for the Clippers, Lebron and Bosh leaving for Miami, and on and on) then I don't know what to say.

And when Anthony leaves the Pelicans and Westbrook and Durant leave OKC it will just be more of the same.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:00 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,308,851 times
Quote:
At this point let's see a Golden State-Atlanta final.

Serves him right for being a pompous, lazy greedy -ss punk. Chicago should wash their hands of his attitude.
Quote:
Where do you even come up with this garbage?

He freakin' hurt is knee, he's not refusing to play over demands for a new contract or whatnot.
Exactly. I don't why so many are inclined to fabricate complete BS about a player just because he's injured. Rose has never seemed pompous, lazy, or any more greedy than anyone else. He's a highly and uniquely talented player who works really hard, but unfortunately seems injury prone. Being injury prone isn't his fault, so why are so many prone to deride him?

I loved Brandon Roy, but didn't resent him at all for his early retirement. He was permanently limited by a knee injury. Unfortunately, this might well be the case with Rose.

As far as a Hawks/Warriors Finals, I think Atlanta has a better chance than the Warriors. As I've written before, GS looks like a prime example of a team built more for the regular season than the playoffs. The Grizzlies and (now) Thunder are more complete and balanced.

Update: While there's still plenty of time, the Spurs appear headed for another loss against the Blazers. Another loss to a quality playoff doesn't bode well...

Last edited by PanapolicRiddle; 02-25-2015 at 10:02 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
If you're going to deny that there has been a movement by teams and players to consolidate and get together (Carmelo leaving for the Knicks, Paul leaving for the Clippers, Lebron and Bosh leaving for Miami, and on and on) then I don't know what to say.

And when Anthony leaves the Pelicans and Westbrook and Durant leave OKC it will just be more of the same.
Cherry picking and perception bias.

How about Dwight leaving LA for Houston? Lebron going to Cleveland?

The biggest market flagship teams are all sucking it up right now.

I get that a lot of fans from HORRIBLE franchises like to blame the market size thing, but it doesn't make it real.

P.S. Melo to Knicks? Really? Before that he went to DENVER....and then hmmmm.....do you recall where he grew up etc?

Also, Durant is going to leave? HE ALREADY SIGNED A 5 YEAR EXTENSION in OKC. Some advice to you...maybe ya know...start following the NBA? Because you don't know.........

Old 02-26-2015, 08:23 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,012,411 times
I am convinced more than ever that Randy Wittman needs to go and Ernie Grunfield along with him. The Wizards have a poorly constructed team that doesn't take advantage of the teams main strength which is a penetrating point guard who has the ability to find open shooters. If you consider the history, players like Trevor Ariza and Martell Webster had career years because of John Wall's ability to find shooters wide open, so do they get more shooters? Of course not, they added way too many front court players like Dejuan Blair, who barely plays, and then they draft players like Otto Porter who can't shoot consistently so teams have decided to pack the paint and dare Wall to shoot jumpers. Without Beal who right now is the only consistent floor spacer, Wall cannot drive in the lane and their offense is putrid as a result. If this team loses to the 76ers on Friday, I may get my wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball