Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 04:12 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,910,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
No, it isn't. You just can't answer the question!
Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Anyway, back to the topic. The law states that there is a 3 second minimum following distance. Any less than that and it's YOUR FAULT if you rear-end the car in front of you.

Tailgaters play their games and I play mine. Keep a safe distance and there is no problem.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:13 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,894,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Anyway, back to the topic. The law states that there is a 3 second minimum following distance. Any less than that and it's YOUR FAULT if you rear-end the car in front of you.

Tailgaters play their games and I play mine. Keep a safe distance and there is no problem.
What sounds familiar?

Old 11-05-2009, 04:18 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,712,591 times
Quote:
So, now you're saying that while your brake pedal was planted to the floorboard, you were still going 63???????
That is hardly the point. And I think you know it.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,315,098 times
If you are on a multi-lane road, the left most lane is for passing only. Not for cruising.

If you're on a two lane road, did you ever give a thought that it is not possible to safely effect a pass without getting into that three second gap?

Just because someone drives faster than you, doesn't make them automatically bad. Just faster.

You seem intent on bashing people with the rules of the road. You should mind them as well.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:32 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,441,040 times
What does it matter if you were doing 75 in a 55? If someone wants to go faster, pull over and let them.

It's their ticket, not yours.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:34 PM

836 posts, read 3,386,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
I'm in Kentucky. What area are you moving to?
A tiny little town near Bardstown..where are you??

Old 11-05-2009, 05:35 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,044,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
If you are on a multi-lane road, the left most lane is for passing only. Not for cruising.

If you're on a two lane road, did you ever give a thought that it is not possible to safely effect a pass without getting into that three second gap?

Just because someone drives faster than you, doesn't make them automatically bad. Just faster.

You seem intent on bashing people with the rules of the road. You should mind them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
What does it matter if you were doing 75 in a 55? If someone wants to go faster, pull over and let them.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:04 PM

335 posts, read 1,312,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
There is a reason why the slower drivers are to stay to the right and faster drivers pass to the left. It is for safety. Entrance and exit ramps are to the right and those drivers are either slowing to exit or coming up to posted speed to enter. For the faster drivers to have to pass an ignorant a-hole in the right lanes actually creates unsafe driving for ALL on the road. That is why it is a LAW that the far left lane is for passing only in most states. There actually are signs posted "Slower Traffic Keep Right". It doesn't say if your going the speed limit it is acceptable to stay in the far left lane. The signs and statues also do not say that it is okay if your driving the posted speed, or you just feel like it because the guy behind you can just go around to the right. It says for the slow driver to be the one to get over. It is safer for the SLOWER driver to move over to the right and let the faster drivers go on down the road.

Like all things common sense has just flown out the window. I've been wondering if anyone actually reads the drivers handbooks anymore.
I think the very same thing reading some of the posts. At least we agree.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Once again for the slow OP:
Why don't you knock off this nonsense?

A guy doing 63 mph in a 55 mph zone is NOT - and I repeat for the reading impaired - NOT holding up traffic. Do you understand that? If you don't you have NO business driving.

So some bonehead, somebody I can presume by your writing drives like you do, decides to ride his bumper though he's actually going 8 mph over the speed limit. The tail-gaiter is 100% at fault at this point. Do you understand that?

It is at that point that KYJellyDad decides to give 'em the brake. It is at that point that he MIGHT have been holding up traffic. But that's based on the assumption that there were a whole bunch of people on the road following him because he was holding up traffic. And again, that would be an ASSumption.

Do you understand now?

Old 11-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post

You can't pull over if you're on a 2-lane road.

And it is NOT the responsibility of a person to pull over to let a non-emergency vehicle pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive