Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,714,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
*crickets*
Gee, sorry for going to bed instead of spending the night reading all about your personal road rage.

I find it interesting that it's YOU who has had more rants in this thread than anybody else. In fact, everyone else combined. In light of another road rage thread YOU have started, it is obvious that YOU have a problem with thinking you own the road, and that everybody else is supposed to just get out of your way and let "King Supreme" do as he wants - regardless of how stupid or illegal it is.

So anyway, go ahead and read through this stupid thread again. A couple easy highlights (though this is just a few of them) are posts #137, 143, 163, 175 & 182. Then there is, of course, the ultimate dumba$$ redneck "my dck is bigger'n yurs" post - #106.

Those are just a few samples.

Reading through this thread again, and other things you've posted - all of which give clear evidence to the fact that you have a real problem with road rage - I shudder to think how many serious and/or fatal accidents you've caused in your horrible driving career. Wow. Just... Wow.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
My husband went to a senior citizen meeting yesterday and one of the pick up items was the laws for driving in our state. I looked through for any mention of the driver in front of the other driver being responsible for what the driver behind does and the only mention was that when you start to make a turn you should check to make sure that the driver behind is not following you too closely. That would require giving a turn signal to alert the driver. It would still be the fault of the person behind if they hit you, but it was just a defensive driving caution so you would not be involved in an accident.

It did state that when you are driving you should leave enough space between your car and the car in front of you so another car can fit inside the space in case they want to pass you on a two lane road. It cautioned SEVERAL times that following to closely is one of the biggest causes of accidents.

I find it interesting that a poster can brag about the fact that they would plow into anyone who slams the brakes in front of them--totally against the law, and totally an unsafe, aggressive driver and I went several posts forward and saw no one say anything to that poster, but everyone is ready to blast the person starting the thread. I find that absolutely scary.

About the only thing that scares me more than someone following too closely when I am driving is having a person coming toward me on the wrong side of the road about to cause a head on collusion. Both these practices have caused many deaths and you need to get back to the subject of needing to alert people that following too closely is a dangerous practice. Many people do it just by habit and they would save many lives and collusions if they would stop it.

I don't think most of the posters on here realize just how dangerous following to closely is. You seem to want to put the blame for accidents on people who use their brakes. I guess you think we should just be at the mercy of the jerks in the cars behind us. I am not going to be in a situation when someone is riding my bumper any longer than I have to be. I am learning that with so many people drivng cars that care nothing about the people in the cars around them, the best practice is just to pull of the road and let them have it. So when someone gets on my bumper and I see somewhere to pull off, I start giving a signal as soon as possible and slow down and pull off. Driving could go on much more smoothly and you would get there faster if you would just stay back far enough to be safe. It takes time for me to slow down enough to get off the road. I drive the speed limit most of the time. Why would anyone want to be going faster than the speed limit?
You mean to tell me that it say NOTHING about getting out of the way because some liquored-up redneck, in a 4x4 with a giant brush guard, wants to drive 90 mph down a 2-lane road?

You mean it doesn't say that it's the LAW to pull over onto the shoulder to let such a-holes pass you?

You mean to tell me that it DOESN'T say that if some mentally imbalanced hillbilly gets out of hims bada$$ truck & threatens you with a gun that it's YOUR fault?

The heck!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:18 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,892,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
A tiny little town near Bardstown..where are you??
Welcome. I'm in Taylorsville...about 15 miles from Bardstown. Do you mind saying which tiny little town? Feel free to send a direct message if you'd like.

Don't worry about Kydad. I think he's clear across the state.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I am extremely flattered that some people would be so mad over my post that all they can do is call me names and make fun of my other posts. Ouch...lol

I am glad I have struck a nerve with so many tailgaters.
Don't feel too flattered. It looks like most (95%) of the posters think you're a nutjob.

Oh, and how's that Jon & Kate obsession coming along? And still not liking Leno?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
It is at that point that KYJellyDad decides to give 'em the brake. It is at that point that he MIGHT have been holding up traffic. But that's based on the assumption that there were a whole bunch of people on the road following him because he was holding up traffic. And again, that would be an ASSumption.
LOL KyJellyDAD. Fits right in with ASSumption, doesn't it.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:36 AM

1,396 posts, read 3,448,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I'd charge you with excessive use of brakes,...... That'll teach ya!
There's no such code violation.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:39 AM

78,644 posts, read 60,823,449 times
As much as I HATE tailgaters, I have a busy life and I don't want to deal with the hassle of repairs, dealing with insurers etc.

That's assuming that the jerk isn't an uninsured scumbag that's going to shoot you or flip your car over. Hey, I'd rather be pouncing on my gf instead of learning how to walk again for 6 months.

This leads me to the classic philosophy that you never win when tangling with jerks because they have nothing to lose.

Granted the ONLY time I get tailgated is when stuck in traffic with cars in front of me which is irritating. Otherwise I get over.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:40 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,930,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Oddly enough, according to several of the members here, those 3 accidents were all your fault. You should have known better than to be obeying the law, and just gotten out of their way!

NO!!! What I am saying is that the insurance companies do not just write a check gladly anymore as rear-end accidents are NOT "cut and dry". I've already mentioned the insurance scams that have been going on and the insurance companies got wise to it and started investigating these "accidents" and "claims". Even in clear as day cut and dry accidents nowadays the insurance companies are STILL fully investigating before they will pay out 1 single dime. Your accident was two years ago. It was TOTALLY DIFFERENT than the scenario that is being talked about here. You were stopped at a light that had just changed to green. The scenario the OP is talking about is MOVING TRAFFIC. Huge difference. HUGE difference. Let me just say that if anyone was to go out today and get on the road and cut someone off so close that the person behind them rear-ended them the driver in the rear is NOT going to be found at fault. Unless they have a crappy insurance company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I have read through it. I can't find any examples of what you claim. So maybe you can point out what I'm missing. I mean, you say they're obvious so it shouldn't be that hard to point out just a couple, should it? In the time you've spent bantering with me about it, you should have been able to find at least a couple, no doubt.
I'm one

Just that I happen to know and have actually dealt w/ insurance companies RECENTLY I do know for a FACT that they are NOT just handing over checks to avoid a lawsuit or such. They are actually NOW fully investigating unlike what they used to do years ago. Years ago it was always ASSumed that the car in the rear that hit the one in front was at fault. Not anymore. The insurance companies have wised up and finally figured out that there are drivers out there that can be the "lead" car and be the ones at fault. Not to mention the numerous news stories about the scams going on with drivers causing a rear-end collission to collect money as they were taking advantage of the system. The system has now changed. Some people just don't want to believe it and would like to play roulette on the road and take a gamble that if they lock up their brakes because they believe the car behind them is following a little too close for their comfort and they get hit they will get some huge settlement. Ain't always gonna happen and I sure would not count on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Well, just a little google search and turned up something on this from some police forum. Guess what? You brake check someone and YOU CAN GET A TICKET! For more than one thing as well and that is only if there were no serious injuries are a fatality. Several citations that the brake checker could get are: failure to signal stop and reckless driving. Someone gets hurt or killed because you let your ego get in the way and all kinds of other things can get thrown at you.

Here is one of my posts that he doesn't like. WOW! Someone can get a ticket for "brake checking". Imagine that It IS "reckless driving" and that is the point most of us are trying to make. It is no better than the tailgater. Just because someone is tailgating you does not mean you are gong to be in an accident with them. Slamming on your brakes and CAUSING an accident is just downright foolish, dangerous and just as reckless as the tailgater.

I don't like tailgaters either. Can't stand them. Guess what, I'm usually not tailgated. About the only time I'm ever "tailgated" is when I'm about to turn into my neighborhood. Happens to be a 2 lane blacktop road w/ no shoulder at all (ditches on both sides and I've seen plenty of cars in them) and someone comes flying up on my rear and gets mad because I don't make the turn on 2 wheels. Yes, the speed limit on this road is 40mph but one can not safely make a right turn at that speed so you must slow down and I give PLENTY of notice as I ALWAYS use my signals. I don't come to a complete stop to make the turn either like some drivers do which is foolish too. If I'm in my classic cars and someone comes flying up on my arse they are just a loonball driver to start with as most drivers actually respect them but some people are just fools. Thankfully it is a short road and I can turn off or they do. But I am NOT going to brake check them at all. Sorry, I DO NOT WANT TO BE IN AN ACCIDENT! And that is the point. Part of learning to drive is how to be a good defensive driver and AVOID an accident. Not to mention getting damage done to a car lowers the value and with my classics if anyone dare scratches them I'll be livid. If an accident was AVOIDABLE and you didn't do everything you could have to avoid it then your not a very good driver. Brake checking and hoping someone hits you is NOT legal and someone CAN be ticketed for doing it.

And as I said before. If someone is ALWAYS getting tailgated then there has to be some issues going on that they are CAUSING or doing to make them suspectible to being constantly tailgated. If every single time you get in the car your getting tailgated you might need to go thru a drivers course again. Just sayin

Last edited by momof2dfw; 11-06-2009 at 09:06 AM..

Old 11-06-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
LOL KyJellyDAD. Fits right in with ASSumption, doesn't it.
Moves in an out of threads with relative ease...

Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,189,629 times
kentuckydad95, please tell me all these aggressive acts of road rage only occur when you're driving solo. i would assume from your screen name that you have kids. as someone who has a dad that drives like a complete ass, i can tell you it only makes for a nightmare of an experience every time the family goes somewhere. growing up i was TERRIFIED of what stupid action my dad might take just to prove his point to others. i literally spent every trip in the back seat with my eyes sealed shut and my hand buried in the 'OH ****' handle. needless to say, it makes for a miserable experience.

for the sake of your kids (i know, how preachy), just move to the right and let it go. if you wanna call in a license plate to make you feel better, go nuts. just leave the 'law enforcement' to the people with badges.

Mike

Last edited by whiteboyslo; 11-06-2009 at 08:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive