Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated car brand
BMW 72 20.51%
Audi 11 3.13%
Volkswagen 18 5.13%
Mercedes-Benz 60 17.09%
Ford 4 1.14%
Cadillac 28 7.98%
Chevrolet 13 3.70%
Hyundai/Kia 14 3.99%
Toyota 52 14.81%
Honda 25 7.12%
Lexus 33 9.40%
Infiniti 6 1.71%
Acura 9 2.56%
Lincoln 6 1.71%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:21 PM

458 posts, read 1,250,234 times

Advertisements

ITT: People bash car brands they've never owned or haven't owned since the 90's.

And of course we are going to find luxury cars overpriced for what they offer. Our paychecks aren't large enough to justify the slight improvements you get. I'm sure anyone who drives a BMW will tell you it was worth every penny. Just because you can't justify the cost doesn't necessarily make it "overrated".

I would not say a BMW is overrated because everything they are known for is true. They aren't known for being budget friendly cars. Being overpriced does not mean being overrated when they are not advertising their cars as being cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 04:29 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,873,351 times
The German people we know laugh at how BMWs are perceived here. There, they are just another brand of automobile. Just like we laugh at the way Buicks are percieved in China.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:16 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,442,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
The German people we know laugh at how BMWs are perceived here. There, they are just another brand of automobile. Just like we laugh at the way Buicks are percieved in China.
That's true. Don't they get used as cabs overseas?

I'm glad to see (although, I probably just opened the flood gates lol) noone has mentioned Jeeps.

I mean Wranglers though. I don't particularly like the new ones (JK's) because they've strayed too far into the creature comforts range, and have faaaaar to much plastic on them. There have been alot of reports of the tops leaking, and recently....uh....catching fire lol.... But, they are just about the best 4x4's out of the box. I don't know how these new ones will stand the test of time, but my 91 YJ with a 4.0 inline 6 just keeps on, keepin' on.

Anyone ever seen this? http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...H7-hdXJmUtUJaQ

Awesome little truck. They just don't make'em like they used to.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:19 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,421,786 times
Why did people pick on Toyota so much? Toyota Is more underrated then overrated .

Old 08-29-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I actually agree with this, score another one.

I don't necessarily believe any vehicles are overrated as so many have progressed nowadays to an extent where many makes/models are so similar in feature content that it's difficult to differentiate purely by the "goodies".

Parents had a Lexus LS460 and while it was a nice vehicle that was loaded with technology and comfort features...I would say it's overpriced for what it was. After a few years, dad decided to ditch the Lexus and go back to buying Cadillac's because the Lexus was just so anemic and bland.

I think Infiniti is another example of an overpriced brand. Doesn't exactly have the name presence of Mercedes nor the attractive styling of the new Cadillac's...it's sort of stuck in a rut as far as brand image is concerned. For the money, I'd buy many different vehicles not to mention the resale value on the Infiniti would be quite a bit lower compared to other competitors.
What? Yea sureeee infiniti vehicles look way better then Cadillac.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
It's better then any anemic entry and even mid level German car overall..

And of coarse the very very good engine

Anyone that denies the new 2012 v6 Camry is just jealous Toyota stepped their game up smh.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:36 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,392,038 times
Not on the list: SUBARU. I can't stand them and they are mid-range on JD Power studies.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,708,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
What? Yea sureeee infiniti vehicles look way better then Cadillac.
You can't be serious...

Infiniti vehicles are fairly attractive but blend into every other Japanese brand with their rounded styling while Cadillac is doing something original and creating vehicles with sharp, flowing lines. Stylistically, Cadillac is really gaining attention in the market; even very pro-Japanese and Pro-German car magazines are raving about the Arts and Sciences concept Cadillac is executing with their lineup. Very attractive and unique.

Quote:
Anyone that denies the new 2012 v6 Camry is just jealous Toyota stepped their game up smh.
If you want an appliance that is bland, boring, uninspiring, and lackluster...go ahead and buy a Camry. Not unique, not interesting, and it's currently trumped by at least a 3 or 4 vehicles in its segment.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,442,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Muah ha ha!!! I'm incredibly jealous. I'm hankerin for some bland sheet metal. How did they step up their game? It's the same vehicle as before.

EDIT.....ha! I didn't even see SpeedyAZ's post.(busy at work..started post had to stop)

BORING

Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 PM

26,432 posts, read 46,638,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Not on the list: SUBARU. I can't stand them and they are mid-range on JD Power studies.
Hmm, I just took a longer trip in my Subaru with 800-900 pounds worth of cargo and still managed 30mpg. I think they are underrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive