Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2023, 06:09 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,836,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Harsh. Should have fined him and left it at that.

That being said.. He probably got more exposure for his sponsor than he would in 10 races.
Again, NASCAR is just shooting themselves in their own foot.

The series needs guys like Josh Williams. Hamlin/Chastain, etc...

But I fear that drivers will be concerned of getting hammered by NASCAR if they step out of the cookie cutter mold that NASCAR has forced all the drivers into.

We know that a lot of these drivers are in their ride due to sponsorship money. There are many better drivers out there, with personalities that would take NASCAR to the next level. But without money, they can't get noticed. The current stable of drivers therefore are afraid to lose their sponsor/ride.

I understand that NASCAR does not want to become the next WWE. So far this year the racing has been less than exciting for 90% of the race. NASCAR has to do something and the cheapest way right now is to unleash the drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2023, 04:12 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,705,104 times
It’s all about TV. You know, the guys who show wrecks in all their advertising.

Old 03-23-2023, 05:48 AM

Chevrolet has announced that the current 6th Gen Camaro will be the last and will cease production in 2024.

There are plans to possibly revive the Camaro as an all electric muscle car similar to what Stellanis will be doing with the Charger and Challenger.

As for NASCAR, the 6th Gen can stay on the track after production stops according to the contract Chevy has with NASCAR.

Old 03-23-2023, 10:55 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Chevrolet has announced that the current 6th Gen Camaro will be the last and will cease production in 2024.

There are plans to possibly revive the Camaro as an all electric muscle car similar to what Stellanis will be doing with the Charger and Challenger.

As for NASCAR, the 6th Gen can stay on the track after production stops according to the contract Chevy has with NASCAR.

It can stay for 2024. Not 2025.

They really don't have a model to take over.. I believe they've already said the Corvette will go all electric? Maybe the Malibu?

Or.. They'll get some kind of exception. I mean, ain't nothing 'stock' about the cars now.

Old 03-26-2023, 06:19 PM

273 posts, read 656,217 times
I'm for redoing T 1 at COTA. Who builds a race track with a 120º turn (or whatever it is) at the end? I think there's an airport track that Indy Car runs at that has a 90 at the end that narrows down to race tack width after runway width. Same choking happens.

Old 03-27-2023, 06:19 AM

6,469 posts, read 3,163,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehcsrop View Post
I'm for redoing T 1 at COTA. Who builds a race track with a 120º turn (or whatever it is) at the end? I think there's an airport track that Indy Car runs at that has a 90 at the end that narrows down to race track width after runway width. Same choking happens.
I agree!!

What a "crashfest" that race turned into, in the last few laps/restarts. Between those melees, and the almost 4PM EST starting time, I finally gave up on it, and just turned the TV off. As much as a rabid, life long race fan that I've been, I do NOT want to be watching a race that's still on, at 7PM, on a Sunday!!

Old 03-27-2023, 06:32 AM

I thought the action at COTA Cup race was pretty good.

Tyler Riddick dominated. Was cool to see him do that. Also cool to hear Kurt Busch get emotional about the 23XI win.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:27 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
I wouldn't say COTA was a great race, I actually got up and did some other stuff intermittently.
Highlights IMHO.
Reddick and Byron class of the field with KB and Bowman showing up at the end. Byron blew the race by poor lane choice.
Speaking of restarts, it is the best track on the circuit going into turn 1.
Wallace confirmed that he should in fact be replaced, first Kurt and now Reddick who didn't see this coming.
Chastain was being usual Chastain only this time it effected his teammate, looked like they had a little disagreement after the race. Speaking of which I always find it humorous to see Saurez acting indignant. If I'm a driver the last 2 guys, I want to be racing around are those 2 clowns.
Kyle Larson... is this the same guy that won a championship?
Blaney is well on his way to confirming he doesn't belong in that quality equipment.

The broadcast booth.
What's with the German guy? Does NASCAR think they have to have a foreign accent now?
Ill take it over Danica.
That being said, Kurt Busch belongs in the booth he was excellent! Just tried too hard just a couple of times and the getting choked up about Reddicks team... but that aside, I think he was Great!
Boyer seemed somewhat quieter which was nice.
Also thought having Chases input was good.
At the end of the day Willy B is still the best team in NASCAR right now.

Old 03-27-2023, 08:45 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I wouldn't say COTA was a great race, I actually got up and did some other stuff intermittently.
Highlights IMHO.
Reddick and Byron class of the field with KB and Bowman showing up at the end. Byron blew the race by poor lane choice.
Wallace confirmed that he should in fact be replaced, first Kurt and now Reddick who didn't see this coming.
Chastain was being usual Chastain only this time it effected his teammate, looked like they had a little disagreement after the race. Speaking of which I always find it humorous to see Saurez acting indignant. If I'm a driver the last 2 guys, I want to be racing around are those 2 clowns.
Blaney is well on his way to confirming he doesn't belong in that quality equipment.

The broadcast booth.
What's with the German guy? Does NASCAR think they have to have a foreign accent now?
Ill take it over Danica.
That being said, Kurt Busch belongs in the booth he was excellent! Just tried too hard just a couple of times and the getting choked up about Reddicks team... but that aside, I think he was Great!

There were too many people in the booth.. Kurt was fine.. Kurt's quite good.. Though his Dr Evil at the end was a bit weird. "That's my boy!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuXpsyE_z5I

Having Chase remotely, then Clint AND Steiner? Way, way overloaded. multiple times they were talking all over each other.. Sometimes it'd take 5 minutes to get their point across just waiting their turn to talk. And.. Steiner was.. Eye Candy. Just to have an F1 guy in the booth. Which is fine.. But let him talk more.

I thought the race was excellent.. Other than being a race that never ends. Turn 1 is.. Turn 1. It's been that way the several years they've been going there. I was impressed that they kept it together, more of less, for the majority of the race.

Reddick was the strongest car and deserved to win. I kept thinking he'd get nailed in one of those late restarts.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:24 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,898,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Highlights IMHO.

The broadcast booth.
What's with the German guy? Does NASCAR think they have to have a foreign accent now
?
Ill take it over Danica.
Tony Stewart was suppose to in the booth, he wasnt but I never looked as to why, nor do I care. I watched maybe 10 minutes of it, had more imortant things to do, which is becoming more and more of a "thing" for me now. These races just plain suck this year to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing