Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2023, 12:15 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He was there last year.. so.. You may be right that he had a conflict this year or something with that race.. But, he wasn't scheduled to be there THIS year at all. So, not like he was scheduled, announced and pulled out. He was never advertised for it.

One thing I forgot when I mentioned the booth was too crowded.. Not only what I mentioned, but then you also had Larry Mac trying to get in at times as well.

While I liked Chase being on.. I don't think him being remote worked all that well.. It'd work much better bringing him in.

I didn't know he lived in Colorado. Which.. It seems he does since he's still out there.

I looked at the calendar.. And he should be back for either Martinsville or Talladega.. The question I'd have.. If he's set to return at Talladega.. Do you WANT him back for that race? I mean, risk of injury.. That track ranks pretty high up there.
Yeah , Larry likes to have the last word and it seems he has a difficult time admitting when he's wrong.
I enjoyed Chase on there as well ... he's a pretty analytical kid, which makes for a nice change from Boyer who never shuts up.

On another note. I am surprised how many of these "road course ringers" teams brought in. I thought they realized some time ago the cup guys are just as good or better ... Seems to me Hendrick would have been better off keeping Josh Berry in the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2023, 12:16 PM

Looks like NASCAR is having a little looksie at Saurez little hissy fit after the race.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:52 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I only DVR. No way I'm sitting through all the mess and commercials.

Something is definitely wrong with Stewart-Hass. But who would buy it?

I liked COTA, but as a Blaney fan, it was frustrating to watch him work his way to the front, only to be caught up in a turn 1 mess every restart.
Ryan Blaney is one of the most talented drivers to have so few wins. It seems like he's up front quite often, but something happens that prevents him from getting a win.

14 wins in 11 years, not shabby by any means in Cup. Last year he had no wins. I just feel that he has the talent and car to do better, but for some reason or another, he doesn't.

Old 03-29-2023, 08:38 AM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Ryan Blaney is one of the most talented drivers to have so few wins. It seems like he's up front quite often, but something happens that prevents him from getting a win.

14 wins in 11 years, not shabby by any means in Cup. Last year he had no wins. I just feel that he has the talent and car to do better, but for some reason or another, he doesn't.

Let's be honest.. He doesn't really have 11 years. He was only full time since 2016, so that's 7. And of those.. 2 of them were with the Woods..

Telling you.. I'm calling this now and I said it last year as well. Burton will not be back with the Woods next year. He won't be back next year unless he turns things around big time.

2 top 10's is all he has. Last year, average finish of 26.5 through six races. this year? same. Exact same.

MattyD? In his two years in the car.. 11.6 and 23.1 through 6 races.

Harrison Burton is.. First, he needed more time in the Xfinity. Same basic thing I believe is happening with Ty Gibbs.. Pushed up too fast. Second.. He's destroying his career. I mean, he's not John Wes Townley bad, but.. Lord, he ain't good.

But.. He's 22. Plenty of time to recover. He needs to, once he's released(I can't imagine this doesn't happen), head back to Xfinity, put a couple of years in there and.. Basically pull a John Hunter Nemechek. Speaking of.. That's probably the person I half expect to take over the 21 car.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:39 PM

NASCAR appeals panel restores all points to Hendrick but maintains suspension and fines....

Even though $400,000 is still a huge amount for one team to absorb, you have to figure this is the best outcome Hendrick could have gotten.

Old 03-30-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Looks like NASCAR is having a little looksie at Saurez little hissy fit after the race.
Looks like his little Primadona episode cost him $50k...
https://racer.com/2023/03/29/suarez-...rce=FOX_Sports

Old 03-30-2023, 10:36 AM

Quote:
NASCAR appeals panel restores all points to Hendrick but maintains suspension and fines....

Even though $400,000 is still a huge amount for one team to absorb, you have to figure this is the best outcome Hendrick could have gotten.
HMS will more than get that back if all four cars make the playoffs. With the points reversed, its now a likely scenario.

Old 03-30-2023, 11:43 AM

Quote:
HMS will more than get that back if all four cars make the playoffs. With the points reversed, its now a likely scenario.
At least 3 anyhow

Old 03-31-2023, 05:56 AM

Quote:
At least 3 anyhow
Over the past couple of years, the only "weak spot" if you even want to call it that, has been the #48 team.

Today they are #1 in the standings. So it does appear, at this point, that they may have figured things out. The #5 team is struggling out of the gate, but we know they will get their act together soon.

The Chevy's are very fast at 1.5 mile tracks, which is a majority of the season.

It's hard to fathom where Chase doesn't win a race prior to the playoffs if he comes back before end of May.

Old 03-31-2023, 10:18 AM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Over the past couple of years, the only "weak spot" if you even want to call it that, has been the #48 team.

Today they are #1 in the standings. So it does appear, at this point, that they may have figured things out. The #5 team is struggling out of the gate, but we know they will get their act together soon.

The Chevy's are very fast at 1.5 mile tracks, which is a majority of the season.

It's hard to fathom where Chase doesn't win a race prior to the playoffs if he comes back before end of May.

I'd be surprised.. especially with his track record of late on the road courses and the number of road courses.

But.. as we saw last year.. Points.. You can't rely on. MTJ was, what? Second in points and was left out? The only way you're guaranteed in on points is being the points leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing