Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2023, 04:55 PM

17,566 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
3CHI makes multiple products that are legal even here in SC.

https://www.3chi.com/is-delta-8-thc-...outh-carolina/

You might want to hold up on that.

Delta 9 is flat out illegal here.

Delta 8.. Is.. questionable. Many sheriffs are seizing it. https://www.wyff4.com/article/clinto...legal/35917902

and there was another seizure in Columbia/Lexington/somewhere down there very recently.

And.. The legalities are murky. The attorney general says it's illegal.. But the law as it's written says it's legal. The state supreme court hasn't gotten a case on it yet. that will be the deciding factor.

Of course.. Recreational weed is now legal in VA. You can be there in about 4 hours. So.. With luck.. Medical passes here this year. I think that's.. Pretty overdue. Should have passed last year.

And.. Back to Kyle.. Hell, he won the Bushy McBushface 400 last year (Or year before).. That was fitting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2023, 04:44 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
One city out of the entire state? Yeah, not so much. Sold everywhere down here in the Lowcountry.

I’m still out on RCR for now. Kyle is a great talent, but it’s too early.

Old 03-03-2023, 05:36 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
I'd like to see Truex pull it off, one more time. I'm a fan of his, because he's one of the few that came up through the "east coast asphalt modified" circuit......something that has had a life long place in my heart.

Old 03-03-2023, 07:27 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I'd like to see Truex pull it off, one more time. I'm a fan of his, because he's one of the few that came up through the "east coast asphalt modified" circuit......something that has had a life long place in my heart.
Maybe they are back this year... Man when he is on he is on, but last year... Aside from the fact that he is a Toyota driver and knowing this is definitely Harvick's last year, I always am pulling for the old guys who are close to retirement. (Hard to believe Truex is one of the old guys now.) As far as second Championships it would be good to see him go out on top.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:35 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Be good to see both Harvick and Truex in the final four.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
(Hard to believe Truex is one of the old guys now.) As far as second Championships it would be good to see him go out on top.
True. I think it's because he came to the Cup series a little later that many of the drivers. And yeah, "one more" before he retires, would be nice for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Be good to see both Harvick and Truex in the final four.
I agree.....

Old 03-03-2023, 05:43 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Chase Elliott is out indefinitely after injuring his leg in a snowboarding accident here in Colorado. I'm surprised there isn't a clause in their contracts that forbids drivers from participating in high risk activities during the season.

Old 03-03-2023, 06:22 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Chase Elliott is out indefinitely after injuring his leg in a snowboarding accident here in Colorado. I'm surprised there isn't a clause in their contracts that forbids drivers from participating in high risk activities during the season.
Josh Berry to fill in. Some teams do have that stipulation, Hendricks did at one time.

Old 03-03-2023, 07:40 PM

17,566 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Josh Berry to fill in. Some teams do have that stipulation, Hendricks did at one time.

I don't know how common it is in NASCAR at present.. It's pretty well known that Joe Gibbs got stingy about 'outside racing' way back in 1999, I believe it was. The year Bobby broke his collarbone and Matt Kenseth.. Didn't get his first start, but his first cup ride as he took over at Darlington and.. As i recall, finished 6th. A harbinger of things to come. He got his first START subbing for Bill Elliott.. I think when Bill's dad died.

They cracked down a bit harder.. Not letting Tony do the double anymore.. I think he missed a race at Dover, or, at least, Ricky Rudd drove his car. Whether it was a driver change and the circumstances, I don't fully recall.

Then.. They REALLY cracked down after Kyle's accident at Daytona. Basically forbade him from running plate races in Xfinity, at least. I think they still let him on the superspeedways for trucks. And dirt racing took a hit when Tony had his accident after he had left JGR.

Honestly.. I think that's hurt the team more than helped.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:15 AM

Las Vegas was run off pretty smoothly, and no serious wrecks, so the race was completed in a little over 3 hours.

The racing wasn't too bad, either. What puzzled me, however, is the gamble that the Truex team took, by staying on track at the last caution, when the cars in front of him pitted for tires. I understand that by doing so, he inherited the lead, but it seemed to me that there were also several other lead lap cars that stayed on track, therefore they should have been directly behind Truex, when racing resumed.

That would have given Truex a "cushion" between himself and the other front runners that took tires, and probably would have given him the win. I'm assuming that was their strategy. But when the race resumed, the cars that were the top 4, prior to the caution, were lined up right behind Truex. How'd that happen??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing