Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2023, 03:06 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,879,404 times

Advertisements

Justin Haley just took a step backwards. He's leaving Kaulig Racing to drive for Rick Ware LMFAO. Kaulig isn't a top-tier team, but 10-15 years ago Rick Ware would've been the equivalent of a start-and-park team. They're apparently forming a technical alliance with RFK - another underwhelming team. Overall I think it's a dumb move on his part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2023, 03:19 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Justin Haley just took a step backwards. He's leaving Kaulig Racing to drive for Rick Ware LMFAO. Kaulig isn't a top-tier team, but 10-15 years ago Rick Ware would've been the equivalent of a start-and-park team. They're apparently forming a technical alliance with RFK - another underwhelming team. Overall I think it's a dumb move on his part.

Kaulig has proven they're willing to invest and spend the money to BECOME a top-tier team. Now, whether they can pull it off or not, another story.. But it won't be from a lack of trying.

RWR.. While I think they're maybe not so far apart on their wanting to become a top-tier team.. I think the willingness or ability to pour more money in to get there.. That's where the difference is.

Who is Haley's crew chief? Trent Owens. I wonder if this was something of an issue of the driver and CC not jelling well together. I had thought it was more a situation of the jump to Cup being too big for Haley. While I realize Haley is, indeed, a Cup Winner.. That's kinda like saying that Derrick Cope is a Daytona 500 champion. Yes.. it's accurate.. But in all honesty, there's a big-ass asterix there.

At BEST.. This is a lateral move.

as for RFK.. Look.. All of us have recognized the improvement happening there since Brad came over. While they're still not anywhere near where they were in their heyday.. They're a whole lot better than they were before Brad arrived.

Quite frankly. Has Haley won a race that didn't fall in his lap? Seriously.

The guy has 8 wins across Cup, Xfinity and Trucks.. And I don't think he was leading on the NEXT to last lap in any of them. I think every race he was 3rd to 5th and a big wreck took out the leaders and.. He made it through. Or.. They gave the 1 to go and the leader pitted and he didn't.. Some weird crap like that.

Old 07-23-2023, 01:55 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,879,404 times
Just flipped on Pocono 20 mins or so. Three consecutive crashes going into turn 1 immediately after a restart. There hasn't been a single lap of green flag racing since I turned it on.

Old 07-24-2023, 05:44 AM

5,167 posts, read 4,939,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
.... There hasn't been a single lap of green flag racing since I turned it on.
You didn't miss much. The top 10 or so were mostly in line, leading a high-speed parade for most of the race. At least there was some side-by-side racing further back in the pack. Overall? I think Pocono sucks, regardless whether it was the trucks, xfininty, or cup cars on the track.

Old 07-24-2023, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
You didn't miss much. The top 10 or so were mostly in line, leading a high-speed parade for most of the race. At least there was some side-by-side racing further back in the pack. Overall? I think Pocono sucks, regardless whether it was the trucks, xfininty, or cup cars on the track.

It used to be one of the best races on the schedule back in the 90's.

Being a 500 mile race, high speed, shifting.. You'd have a good amount of attrition from engine and tranny failure.. It was almost like Dover at the same time.. The person leading at the 400 mile mark rarely won the race.

With the more reliable components coming in during the 2000's that stopped the attrition.. Then the race got cut back to 400 miles, and.. The past couple of years, even back to 320 when they're run the doubleheader.

It is not anywhere near as good as it once was.

Old 07-24-2023, 10:43 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
“I’m not sure exactly what that was all about. I feel like I picked the right lanes. You know, I did exactly what Denny did, other than pushing the No. 5 car too deep in the corner and then running him in the fence off of (Turn) 2. He kind of took it that extra little bit, I guess, to make it a little bit dirty. And you know, I didn’t. So maybe that’s the difference between why he won, and I didn’t.”
Martin Truex Jr
And that is the difference between Truex and Hamlin.

Hopefully this will wake Larson up to the fact that his buddy Hamlin is a douche bag and start racing and treating him accordingly. Hes not going to win another Championship until he does.

Old 07-24-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
“I’m not sure exactly what that was all about. I feel like I picked the right lanes. You know, I did exactly what Denny did, other than pushing the No. 5 car too deep in the corner and then running him in the fence off of (Turn) 2. He kind of took it that extra little bit, I guess, to make it a little bit dirty. And you know, I didn’t. So maybe that’s the difference between why he won, and I didn’t.”
Martin Truex Jr
And that is the difference between Truex and Hamlin.

Hopefully this will wake Larson up to the fact that his buddy Hamlin is a douche bag and start racing and treating him accordingly. Hes not going to win another Championship until he does.

So.. Did Dillon have a right to be mad at Reddick?

I tend to agree.. Denny's move of running Larson up the track.. It got him into the marbles.. but.. Larson could have stood his ground as well.

The Dillon wreck.. I see nothing that Reddick did wrong there. They didn't make contact from what I see, Dillon just lost it.

Old 07-24-2023, 11:30 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

I tend to agree.. Denny's move of running Larson up the track.. It got him into the marbles.. but.. Larson could have stood his ground as well.

The Dillon wreck.. I see nothing that Reddick did wrong there. They didn't make contact from what I see, Dillon just lost it.
The "wind" can cause a car to do funny things at those speeds, without any contact at all. Reddick didnt do anything wrong, neither did Dillon. Just a racing deal IMO.

If Larson had held his line one of 2 things were going to happen. Both were going to wreck, and Denny would be crying about that, or Larson was going to get the spot, and Denny would have been crying about that. Its past time for Nascar to step up and do something about this, and not just to Hamlin (who blantanly admits to wrecking people).

Old 07-24-2023, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

On Dillon v Reddick, Austin cut the corner short (came down) on Reddick. Reddick did nothing wrong.
Hamlin on the other hand didn't just run him into the marbles, he literally squeezed him into the fence. He knew exactly what he was doing, he did the identical thing to Chastain last year, then he flat out lied about it. Obviously Truex, his teammate saw the same thing. Like I said at some point Larson is going to have to make a decision about how he races his buddy.
In my opinion Hamlin's move on track wasn't the worst offense, if he just owned it, but his smug attitude like Larson said, "Dennys always right " and his outright lying about it and trying to put the blame on Larson.
Just shows him for the douche that he is. Let's be honest Hamlin has some obvious mental issues that he needs to deal with, according to the mother of his daughters.

Old 07-24-2023, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
The "wind" can cause a car to do funny things at those speeds, without any contact at all. Reddick didnt do anything wrong, neither did Dillon. Just a racing deal IMO.

If Larson had held his line one of 2 things were going to happen. Both were going to wreck, and Denny would be crying about that, or Larson was going to get the spot, and Denny would have been crying about that. Its past time for Nascar to step up and do something about this, and not just to Hamlin (who blantanly admits to wrecking people).
Agree, but as I have said repeatedly other drivers (Larson) need to start racing him accordingly. You heard him he doesn't care if the whole crowd boos him, he got his 50th win and 7th Pocono win the end justified the means.
I actually believe Hamlin thinks about these things in the context of the content for his podcast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing