Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2017, 02:45 PM

643 posts, read 573,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Our neighborhood in NW DeKalb took an informal poll by secret ballot at last weeks HOA meeting. It was Ossoff 74%, Karen Handel 18%.
Your HOA comprises people who live in DeKalb County. That alone indicates a history of poor judgment. Thus, your HOA's poll (sounds like a productive HOA), is not surprising.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:26 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,972,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
Your HOA comprises people who live in DeKalb County. That alone indicates a history of poor judgment. Thus, your HOA's poll (sounds like a productive HOA), is not surprising.
My neighborhood is mostly comprised of educated professionals that happen to love it here - as do I.

It's a blend of about 50/50 between natives and transplants. We became a bizarre 'finger' of the 6th District during the last redistricting. We don't belong there, plain and simple.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:12 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,325,261 times
Quote:
My neighborhood is mostly comprised of educated professionals that happen to love it here - as do I.

It's a blend of about 50/50 between natives and transplants. We became a bizarre 'finger' of the 6th District during the last redistricting. We don't belong there, plain and simple.
If you vote like your informal poll, I'm sure the GOP will gerrymander you out soon, no worries lol.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:17 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,924,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
How does it feel knowing that you are wasting your time for a crap candidate?
MikeHonchoATL, it feels great to be out in my community trying to make a positive difference. Thanks for asking.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:21 PM

23,528 posts, read 44,214,555 times
Quote:

You're like us; right at the confluence of the 4th, 5th and 6th districts. We were in the 4th, now we're right in the corner of the 5th. We'll never be in the sixth; too close to Emory and its' liberal influence for their comfort. As it is, the Republicans can keep north DeKalb under their thumb.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
MikeHonchoATL, it feels great to be out in my community trying to make a positive difference. Thanks for asking.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:44 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,493,352 times
Reading this thread and the posts from two black supposed Democrat posters saying how Ossoff is a "typical capitalist pawn" to "if someone from Hollywood supports a candidate I just don't trust them", "he fluffed up his resume" reminds me why so many blacks in this particular region can be played like Nintendo worse than other regions (even those with lower education attainments amongst blacks). This why half truths and conspiracy theories are always allowed to run amok amongst us because some of us are just willfully ignorant and just dumb when it comes to politics. I can say this with honesty there are a lot of black educated fools here in Metro Atlanta...

Reality check: every little victory against the asininity of the Trash Dump and the bandwagon of white (white people adjacent) *******s is a good thing. The idiots that make up the "majority" in Congress are the same assclowns as to why Congress was a joke under President Obama because they didn't want any progress of anything. The GOP ain't **** and they know all they want to do is basically re-whitewash this nation.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:16 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,325,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Reading this thread and the posts from two black supposed Democrat posters saying how Ossoff is a "typical capitalist pawn" to "if someone from Hollywood supports a candidate I just don't trust them", "he fluffed up his resume" reminds me why so many blacks in this particular region can be played like Nintendo worse than other regions (even those with lower education attainments amongst blacks). This why half truths and conspiracy theories are always allowed to run amok amongst us because some of us are just willfully ignorant and just dumb when it comes to politics. I can say this with honesty there are a lot of black educated fools here in Metro Atlanta...

Reality check: every little victory against the asininity of the Trash Dump and the bandwagon of white (white people adjacent) *******s is a good thing. The idiots that make up the "majority" in Congress are the same assclowns as to why Congress was a joke under President Obama because they didn't want any progress of anything. The GOP ain't **** and they know all they want to do is basically re-whitewash this nation.
Truth. Kind of like how the black president shouldn't replace a supreme Court nominee, but the democrats are "ridiculous" for filibustering Trump's nominee. Or how they attacked Obama endlessly for wanting to move forward on Syria and refused to support him, but rally around Trump for launching 50+ missles without even informing congress. If Obama had done that they'd be yelling about treason. I used to think it was just a crazy GOP thing, but I have started to realize they just couldn't handle a black president going down as one of the best, and had to ensure he failed at every turn.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:51 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,924,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Truth. Kind of like how the black president shouldn't replace a supreme Court nominee, but the democrats are "ridiculous" for filibustering Trump's nominee. Or how they attacked Obama endlessly for wanting to move forward on Syria and refused to support him, but rally around Trump for launching 50+ missles without even informing congress. If Obama had done that they'd be yelling about treason. I used to think it was just a crazy GOP thing, but I have started to realize they just couldn't handle a black president going down as one of the best, and had to ensure he failed at every turn.
Obama will still go down as one of the best, which is pretty incredible considering the GOP obstructionism that fought him from day one. People have very short memories about where the economy was when Obama took office compared to where it was when he left...but history will recognize it.

I was at the Ossoff visibility action yesterday near Perimeter Mall. We had over 50 people with signs covering each corner of the intersection. I can tell you that we got PLENTY of honks and thumbs up from minority citizens. And white people. And old people. And young people. It was very exciting to see Jon Ossoff's broad appeal!

Old 04-09-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post

Such an angry, racist post.

Sad, sad, sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta