Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 10:12 AM

1,054 posts, read 924,258 times

Advertisements

Osoff is being exposed as a too young light weight. He only talks about Trump. He'll get this 42% and lose the runoff.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:55 AM

32,036 posts, read 36,861,282 times
Ossoff may not be the greatest candidate ever but Democrats are hungry for almost any kind of win in Georgia.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:27 PM

23,509 posts, read 44,182,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Ossoff may not be the greatest candidate ever but Democrats are hungry for almost any kind of win in Georgia.
Ossoff is being propped up in the 6th by big money Dems outside the state because capturing a traditionally conservative district in Georgia would be a huge symbolic win for them going into the midterms. They're testing the waters to see how deep anti-Trump sentiment really runs among white Conservatives and are hoping that they'll find Ossoff's earnest, eager, fresh-off-the farm (and lily-white) appearance palatable enough to induce them to vote for him.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:48 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,889,191 times
Well I hope they realize it's enough to turn off people who might have voted for a Dem in this district. He might as well be a Republican. There were Republicans in that debate who were morons of course, but I'd take two or three of them over Ossoff. I can't throw my support behind a representative who seems to only be able to see people as numbers and express their value in terms of economic productivity. Those are some pretty serious signs of being out of touch with reality. In this district I wouldn't be surprised if he wins, honestly, and somehow white liberals are going to see that as some kind of a victory when you're just swapping out one corporate politician for another.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:04 PM

32,036 posts, read 36,861,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
Well I hope they realize it's enough to turn off people who might have voted for a Dem in this district. He might as well be a Republican. There were Republicans in that debate who were morons of course, but I'd take two or three of them over Ossoff. I can't throw my support behind a representative who seems to only be able to see people as numbers and express their value in terms of economic productivity. Those are some pretty serious signs of being out of touch with reality. In this district I wouldn't be surprised if he wins, honestly, and somehow white liberals are going to see that as some kind of a victory when you're just swapping out one corporate politician for another.
bryant, you should get out there and fight for good Republicans like the ones in N.C. who think it's important for you to use the bathroom of your birth gender, regardless of how you may actually live now.

Good solid Republicans who make no bones about ending a woman's right to choose, getting creationism into the curriculum, bombing the ******** out of our enemies and firing up those coal plants again.

That'll show those durn white liberals!

Last edited by arjay57; 04-07-2017 at 04:47 PM..

Old 04-07-2017, 04:08 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,434,320 times
Quote:
The 6th is a fairly affluent district so a Bernie type of liberal who is extremely antagonistic toward business and capitalism is probably not going to play well here.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:57 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,636,203 times
Quote:
So refuse to vote for the Democrat who will be at least decent and ensure that a Republican who will certainly be horrible will get elected. That's the same Bernie Bro logic that is partly to blame for Clinton's loss last year.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:59 PM

643 posts, read 572,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
So refuse to vote for the Democrat who will be at least decent and ensure that a Republican who will certainly be horrible will get elected. That's the same Bernie Bro logic that is partly to blame for Clinton's loss last year.
You have no idea he will be decent. The guy hasn't articulated anything and has no track record of which to speak.

You blinded by the (D), bro.

And Clinton lost because she was an awful candidate and most undecided voters hated her and the dishonest, rigged manner she won the primary. Look at the numbers and apply reason. Blaming the Bernie supporters is lazy and inaccurate.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:03 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,434,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
You have no idea he will be decent. The guy hasn't articulated anything and has no track record of which to speak.

You blinded by the (D), bro.

And Clinton lost because she was an awful candidate and most undecided voters hated her and the dishonest, rigged manner she won the primary. Look at the numbers and apply reason. Blaming the Bernie supporters is lazy and inaccurate.
It's not all or nothing. The Bernie or Bust people not voting for Clinton was a necessary but not sufficient condition for her loss.

Her general unlikeability, bad press with the FBI thing in the closing week, and Trump's specific appeal to blue collar rust belt workers on trade were the other factors.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:12 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,636,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
His stated priorities are in line with what I'd expect of a left of center representative. And he's worked in Washington and has at least a basic understanding of how Capitol Hill works. That's a stronger track record than the latest guy who won the presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta