Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 11:51 AM

59 posts, read 223,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwww View Post
Good attitude, how much do you need to pay to get cleared up?

Perhaps friend or family will lend it to you
Thanks - trying my best to keep my head up and move through this as best as I can. As far as what i owe, it seems this changes every day.

Last year the made the special assessment of $1000. I made half of that and made the 2nd one a few weeks late. The then levied an $800 late fee/ attorney fee against me so now the total was $1300. I called Associa Management and made a deal to pay an extra $100 a month. The HOA board here agreed to that. I was making my payments (one payment of mine did bounce - and also a few months my automatic banking system went to the normal fee structure) Then a new assessment was made of $1500 to repair the roofs. There was no way I could make that and shame on me for not going to the board and pleading my case. I was going along paying my extra $100 a month, on top of the normal association fee when last friday my wife called me to tell me she was stuck in the driveway. I called Associa and they gave me the number to their legal team. It was no longer in business. FInally that day the new legal team called to tell me I was hit with $1700 on top of the $1500 in new attorney fees and I had to pay half of what I owned in total (around $2700) to have the blocks removed. That night I saw the HOA president, was super nice, and asked him to please move the blocks and he mentioned to me it would be an extra $300, on me to remove the blocks just so my wife could remove her car. He also warned me that there will more fees coming in many new filing fees and the next to go would be our cable. He did not mention no trash pick-up which was not picked up yesterday.

I am going to be looking into magistrate court and pursuing my rights. I may loose but I feel I need to stand up for myself here before I hit up my friends and family and borrow that kind of money.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:58 AM

10 posts, read 20,987 times
Awesome, love the tenacity of the HOA

You should spend time getting money, not messing with magistrate

Are you handy? I need some shelves built in my garage/basement are at my house in Dunwoody -I pay decent

Old 06-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Awesome, love the tenacity of the HOA

You should spend time getting money, not messing with magistrate

Are you handy? I need some shelves built in my garage/basement are at my house in Dunwoody -I pay decent
Going to magistrate court is my time protecting my money and trying to recoup what I have lost. I really don't believe where blocking in my wife's car in is seen as legal action to recoup their attorney fees and assessments. Place a lien on my house. I WAS paying and fighting to catch up. I can't see the city of Sandy Springs seeing that action as heroic either- or the general homeowners in Sandy Spring as a whole - but yes _ I could be dead wrong. But yea - I will be working HARD and doing both - I know times are hard - for us all. PM me - I may need the extra money actually! You seem like an upfront guy. I took the time to answer your questions, but you never answered mine... would love to know your thoughts.

Last edited by Homeowner24; 06-11-2011 at 12:52 PM..

Old 06-11-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeowner24 View Post
Going to magistrate court is my time getting money. But yea - I will be doing both. PM me - I may need the extra money actually! You never answered my questions...

I don't answer questions, I ask them

Old 06-11-2011, 01:12 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,699 times
Quote:
I don't answer questions, I ask them

You're a dick.

I've read the entire thread from the start; this guy has been working to keep the bills paid, but keeps getting hit with assessments and fines when he can't pay the assessment on time.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
You're a dick.

I've read the entire thread from the start; this guy has been working to keep the bills paid, but keeps getting hit with assessments and fines when he can't pay the assessment on time.
Was just messing with him, I have sympathy

Old 06-11-2011, 03:43 PM

Quick Update - they removed the pillars and I was able to get her car out. THANK GOD. I was there when they placed them back and got some video per request. The president was there over seeing it all and I asked him when the next board meeting was and at fist his thought it was the first monday of the month then he thought it was the last - then he just told me to call Associa and ask them when his meetings are.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:28 PM

278 posts, read 1,109,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
+1

I own two homes with HOA and never had any problems, but then again I am active at the boardmeetings and I pay my bills. What a crazy idea!
I think there is a level of evil in the way this HOA is attacking the situation...A little leeway would have been appropriate. But...HOA's look at the homeowners as a check in the mail, not real people going through real situations. I understand the lawns need to be mowed, things need to be maintained...but come on, there are ways to save money all over the place for the almighty HOA.

Its too bad too...the HOA is not the IRS...this is the one place where the board could probably acutally look at situations and individuals and make some real judgement calls. Its not like they were paying NOTHING...from what it sounds like they were paying what they could, when they could, as best they could.

While they are all powerful gods in this situation...there is certanlly no honor in the way they are acting. Way to look out for your fellow Americans during hard economic times....wow.

Last edited by carrot; 06-11-2011 at 04:55 PM..

Old 06-11-2011, 05:36 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
I know a couple who live in a gated HOA housing community & i HATED going over their. The place has security guards 24/7 & its like stalag 13. They pay approx $200.00 a month in association fees & the rules are very strict.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:02 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeowner24 View Post
Going to magistrate court is my time protecting my money and trying to recoup what I have lost. I really don't believe where blocking in my wife's car in is seen as legal action to recoup their attorney fees and assessments. Place a lien on my house. I WAS paying and fighting to catch up. I can't see the city of Sandy Springs seeing that action as heroic either- or the general homeowners in Sandy Spring as a whole - but yes _ I could be dead wrong. But yea - I will be working HARD and doing both - I know times are hard - for us all. PM me - I may need the extra money actually! You seem like an upfront guy. I took the time to answer your questions, but you never answered mine... would love to know your thoughts.
Have been following this story the last few days, feel for you big time! There is no way I would be able to afford those bills if I were in your shoes. Don't know what I would do.

Felt the need to encourage you that you don't have to answer this ATLWWW person. They are being rude and insensitive and sort of on the creepy side, said he/she drove by your place and then a little creeped out by the offer to come build shelves. You do have resources here to not be harrassed by other posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta