Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 08:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,951,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeowner24 View Post
LEXINGTON CROSSING update - Just a friendly update on the latest drama here in Sandy Springs. I came home today to find that the HOA must have ordered the trash company to not take my trash away. So now I have a big stinky pile of rotting trash in my garage, right next to my WIFE'S CAR. Let's see if they come tomorrow and remove these pillars. According to their attorney they will tomorrow - but no calls to arrange a time or anything. God - I hope I am here when they come so I don't miss this small window - have to free the car.

The segment aired today on 11Alive - however I did not see it.
So, your trash can was outside the pillars originally and someone moved it up to the garage? I know our trash pickup won't dump the trash if it isn't on the curb. I don't see how they could order the trash company not to pick up your trash unless it is a private company? Doesn't the city handle trash pick-up? I looked on the 11 alive website and didn't see anything so I hope that it did air.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:57 PM

59 posts, read 223,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
So, your trash can was outside the pillars originally and someone moved it up to the garage? I know our trash pickup won't dump the trash if it isn't on the curb. I don't see how they could order the trash company not to pick up your trash unless it is a private company? Doesn't the city handle trash pick-up? I looked on the 11 alive website and didn't see anything so I hope that it did air.
The trash was along side the pillars - maybe I should have rolled further out. Not sure. I know this is a private condo area so yea, maybe we have a private trash pick-up service - or I guess I am learning that this place is a world all its own - almost outside the law if you ask me. Again - shame on me for not learning all the by-laws and covenants. But yea, the segment did air - I had a few of my friends confirm it. Bill told me it should be going on the website but he can't promise me it will. It is not going to replay tonight however. Yea - I did not see it either. He wants constant updates on all of this...

Old 06-10-2011, 09:01 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,043,283 times
I would never live in a HOA community. Its a very controlled enviroment ran by power hungry losers.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,212,141 times
I am nowhere near Georgia, but I hope you get this worked out. That is one really awful HOA. Placing a lien...understandable. But childishly blocking a driveway...too much. Once you get this all straightened out, once they unblocked my driveway the next vehicle in it would be a moving truck getting me out of Dodge and that ridiculous HOA.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,170,396 times
All I can say is WOW! I read every post in this thread and it is beyond belief. This kind of childish behavior by an hoa only reenforces my low opinion of hoa's and why I would never, never, never be part of one. These people are like gestapo. You pay for them to screw with you.

I own a skid steer and if I lived in your area, I would pay you for the honor of removing those blocks and putting them in the hoa's president's driveway!

You know, a good sledge hammer would reduce those blocks to rubble that could be shoveled away or pushed to the side. You would just have to do 1 and be able to get the car out of the garage.

I'm not prone to physical violence against people and have never settled disputes in that manner, but I have friends that if such a thing was pulled on them there would be VERY serious reprocussions.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:42 AM

5 posts, read 12,125 times
Hi Homeowner24,

So sorry to hear about your situation. It's so terrible that people would do something like this.

Curious, but what were those special assessments specifically for? I believe you said it was $1,000 or $1,500. I wasn't sure, but what was that money used for? Did they complete the special project? Was the work authorized through the correct channels? Do you have access to the records of how this money was used through their special assessment? Strange question to ask, but was this special project contracted out to "Day workers?"

Hope your story airs sometime soon on the Internet. Are you aware that the CEO and owner of your HOA management company is a Texas State Senator, named John Carona?

Here he is:
Sen. John Carona defends controversial HOA rule | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Old 06-11-2011, 05:17 AM

278 posts, read 1,111,285 times
Man...I pulling for you on this! This HOA is just unbelievable and really going about this immaturely.

Anyone see the news story?

Old 06-11-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
All I can say is WOW! I read every post in this thread and it is beyond belief. This kind of childish behavior by an hoa only reenforces my low opinion of hoa's and why I would never, never, never be part of one. These people are like gestapo. You pay for them to screw with you.

I own a skid steer and if I lived in your area, I would pay you for the honor of removing those blocks and putting them in the hoa's president's driveway!

You know, a good sledge hammer would reduce those blocks to rubble that could be shoveled away or pushed to the side. You would just have to do 1 and be able to get the car out of the garage.

I'm not prone to physical violence against people and have never settled disputes in that manner, but I have friends that if such a thing was pulled on them there would be VERY serious reprocussions.
Thanks for reading. Yea I completely baffled myself and happy the city-data forum provides me/ us a voice where people can communicate. I am not stopping and going to explore every option I can within the law. Once I am able to get my wife's car out, hopefully today, I will have to think about my next move on this.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneydg View Post
Hi Homeowner24,

So sorry to hear about your situation. It's so terrible that people would do something like this.

Curious, but what were those special assessments specifically for? I believe you said it was $1,000 or $1,500. I wasn't sure, but what was that money used for? Did they complete the special project? Was the work authorized through the correct channels? Do you have access to the records of how this money was used through their special assessment? Strange question to ask, but was this special project contracted out to "Day workers?"

Hope your story airs sometime soon on the Internet. Are you aware that the CEO and owner of your HOA management company is a Texas State Senator, named John Carona?

Here he is:
Sen. John Carona defends controversial HOA rule | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth
Thanks for sharing this...

The assessments are for a roofing job. This is really it gets even weirder for me and my neighbor who has blocks as well. My neighbor told me these guys came out last year for about a week and fixed a string of connected units and that was it. He believes the HOA here has a major debt from something in the past. Also of note - there was a woman here on a fixed income who could not keep up with the special assessments either and has moved out or is moving out. Once she moves out that will leave I think 7 empty units - I think there are around 30 units all in all here.

THANKS for sharing this story as well - going to pass along to my attorney.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:48 AM

10 posts, read 20,997 times
This is pretty awesome of the HOA, I have a rental house in a similar neighborhood, some loser homeowners don't pay their dues, the hoa blocks them from swim/tennis, but otherwise not much they can do beyond putting a lien on a underwater piece of real estate. Think the driveways belong to home, wish our HOA would cut off their gate remotes! This is a great way to get scumbags out of neighborhood or get them to pay. LOL at the loser playing the race card!

Shame he got this place from his dad after he passes just to let this happen. Too bad he doesn't pay these bills, but can support lawyers. Spend less time trying scam and scheme and more making money to pay bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta