Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:31 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
I only spent 6+ months in Indiana...(Noblesville to be exact). Winter there was FAR better than it was in southeast Michigan where I came from.
Cha-ching. There is always somewhere worse, which was my point exactly.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:32 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Hey Mi_MoM -

Where are you from in SE Michigan? I spent 4 years as kid in the Battle Creek area.

Ken
Grew up in Pinckney, left when I was 18, moved to Kalkaska for a few years, moved back down, lived in Saline, back to Pinckney, Ann Arbor and finally settled in Chelsea from 02 to 06. I wish we would have taken my kids to Battle Creek before they closed Cereal City.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Cha-ching. There is always somewhere worse, which was my point exactly.
To the tune of it's 5 o'clock somewhere...."it's better weather out there somewhere'

Old 04-22-2008, 03:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Grew up in Pinckney, left when I was 18, moved to Kalkaska for a few years, moved back down, lived in Saline, back to Pinckney, Ann Arbor and finally settled in Chelsea from 02 to 06. I wish we would have taken my kids to Battle Creek before they closed Cereal City.
No such thing when I lived there (early-mid 60's), but I do remember touring the factory MANY times, as well as the Post mansion.

Really liked the Michigan but the winters were HORRID. Wayyyyyy tooooooo much snow.

Ken

Old 04-22-2008, 03:48 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Another question for natives -

What about heat pumps?
Good option or bad?

Ken

Old 04-22-2008, 03:51 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
To the tune of it's 5 o'clock somewhere...."it's better weather out there somewhere'

Ya got that right. Have a good one, its literally almost 5 o'clock here, time for me to get ready to roll home.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
No such thing when I lived there (early-mid 60's), but I do remember touring the factory MANY times, as well as the Post mansion.

Really liked the Michigan but the winters were HORRID. Wayyyyyy tooooooo much snow.

Ken
Somewhat agree with ya...though the years we lived in northern MI were really hard on the economy as there was considerably less snow than prior years. And for an area (snow belt in particular) that depends on seasonal tourism it really was hard on some businesses up there. Michigan will always be my home but I feel very content here in Arizona. Surprised myself.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:55 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,757 times
I don't think you all understand, but just to clear this up for you IM ALWAYS RIGHT and I say that AZ is a Paradise. I will take your opinions into consideration, (and then quickly disregard them as clearly inferior). Steve O: All you have proven to me is that its hot here. OK....I think Im getting tired of defending AZ, when the question is "Does it get hot here?" OK, just so anybody who might be living under a rock might not have got the message,

IT GETS HOT HERE.

-steve (yes another steve)

Old 04-22-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I don't think you all understand, but just to clear this up for you IM ALWAYS RIGHT and I say that AZ is a Paradise. I will take your opinions into consideration, (and then quickly disregard them as clearly inferior). Steve O: All you have proven to me is that its hot here. OK....I think Im getting tired of defending AZ, when the question is "Does it get hot here?" OK, just so anybody who might be living under a rock might not have got the message,

IT GETS HOT HERE.

-steve (yes another steve)
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif (broken link)

Love it! Yes...it does get hot here. I don't think anyone is pretending it doesn't? Part of the Arizona package. Take it or leave it right?

Old 04-22-2008, 03:59 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,008,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
Just a few clarifications on the Tucson 'monsoon'.

There's an old saying that goes 'Tucson gets 11 inches a year and you should be here the day it comes.'

Most of the moonsoon rainfall accumulation occurs within a very short period of time. Last year most of it was confined to late July. Early to mid July and all of August was pretty much a bust.

The chances of getting measurable precipitation (in town) during the 8 - 10 week season is maybe once a week. It's no wonder the natives consider it a monsoon when hardly a drop can fall for months.
It rained a lot more often than once a week last summer. Tucson receives a significant chunk of its precipitation outside of the monsoon, too. Only about 60% of total annual rainfall fell in those 8-10 weeks of the monsoon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona