Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 10:55 PM

1,017 posts, read 640,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Your reaction was expected though because you are not going to be open to any form of discussion about how the vaccines were rushed to the public and there may be unknown future side effects. I cannot wrap my head around how you can be so adamant.
I can't wrap my head around your lack of reading comprehension. I have been open. Don't conflate you being wrong with me being unable to discuss this. You put words in my mouth and play this victim card but it doesn't change the basis of your claim being invalid.

https://i-base.info/htb/39455

Quote:
Currently, several leading COVID vaccine candidates use an adenovirus platform (including those from CanSino, Oxford/AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen), though only CanSino is using Ad5. [4, 5, 6, 7]

Although there is no evidence that any of these vaccines are likely to increase the risk of HIV infection, as yet, the letter has not been answered by researchers involved in COVID vaccines using Ad5.
So if you took the Cansino vaccine, maybe, just maybe you might be more prone to catching HIV. That is if you are a gay, uncircumcised man from Argentina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 08:03 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
I can't wrap my head around your lack of reading comprehension. I have been open. Don't conflate you being wrong with me being unable to discuss this. You put words in my mouth and play this victim card but it doesn't change the basis of your claim being invalid.

https://i-base.info/htb/39455

So if you took the Cansino vaccine, maybe, just maybe you might be more prone to catching HIV. That is if you are a gay, uncircumcised man from Argentina.
Damn dude.....lol

This is a direct quote from your link. The writer/publisher of that article wrote comments following the article:

The potential risk of increased susceptibility to HIV is acknowledged in the CanSino paper published in the Lancet in May 2020, even though the potential mechanism is unclear. It includes a comment that the researchers plans “to monitor the participants in our upcoming phase 2 and phase 3 studies to assess the indication for any such [HIV] acquisition”. [4]

It might therefore be important for other studies to include a similar safety approach even though effective vaccines will only have limited follow-up time for the placebo arm (as participants should roll over to the active vaccine.

An important caution might be that if CD4 T cell responses to adenoviruses are cross-reactive and recognise multiple adenovirus variants – as reported in some studies – then pre-existing CD4 T cell responses induced by a natural Ad5 infection might be boosted by a different adenovirus vector and it might not matter whether this was Ad26 or chimpanzee etc. [8, 9]

Luckily, the signal from the STEP study was generally recognised as modest. However, the plans for universal access to COVID vaccines might make even a small increase in risk important.

I highlighted the most important part of the comments in red. The red highlighted section is what I told you to begin with and that paper along with comments is pretty much exactly what the researcher I know told me. Thanks for finding a link. While they say it may be unlikely and may be a small risk, when you try to vaccinate the entire world population, even if it does happen and is only say one in 100,000 that it shows up in, do you have any concept how many people that is globally? So the point is that there are risks including this one that they are fully aware of but have no idea if it will develop or not. The best you can get out of them is "We THINK it is unlikely."

Old 08-11-2021, 08:08 AM

Omg. I did not take the CanSino vaccine. I don't know any American that has. I did not take an ad5 Vaccine.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Omg. I did not take the CanSino vaccine. I don't know any American that has. I did not take an ad5 Vaccine.
So if I understand you correctly, since you did not take a CanSino or ad5 Vaccine, they do know all the risks and informed you of all of them for the one you did take? You know, the new technology mRNA vaccine or the Johnson and Johnson Vector Vaccine that you received that has not been through long term trials?

Somehow this devolved into some sort of semantics and word play dispute. I simply mentioned that there have been multiple studies based on vaccine trials in the past and some possible long term risks began to appear. Here we are testing new vaccine technology on the population at large and there are some known risks they are watching for but you want to debate specifics. So I guess only the CanSino or ad5 vectors may have risks? That is completely plausible assumption in your world I guess. This bull**** is why they can't release the information they have and possible risks they are watching for......because people will lose their minds and would never get vaccinated if they knew there was an extremely slight risk they might have an elevated chance of something in the future. So to avoid all of that they just say nothing.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:11 AM

Lol. Thers's no semantics. You just have poor logic and you move your goalposts. You came in here with your super secret expert info that said there was a direct connection to this increased HIV risk to the vaccine I and millions of Americans have taken.

That is false.

Now your argument is that since one specific vaccine "might" have an issue with increased HIV risk all the rest of them "might" have that same problem or some other issue. It doesn't work that way. Science doesn't work that way. And that wasn't your original claim anyway...

Nobody is holding on to this information because it doesn't have anything to do with the big three vaccines being distributed in this country. The J&J is sort of close. It is in the same family/delivery system, but doesn't specifically use ad5.

It's over, let it go.

Last edited by OldBankhead; 08-11-2021 at 09:19 AM..

Old 08-11-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Lol. Thers's no semantics. You just have poor logic and you move your goalposts. You came in here with your super secret expert info that said there was a direct connection to this increased HIV risk to the vaccine I and millions of Americans have taken. That is false. Now your argument is that since one specific vaccine "might" have an issue with increased HIV risk all the rest of them "might" have that same problem lem or some other issue. It doesn't work that way. Science doesn't work that way. And that wasn't your original claim anyway.. Nobody is holding on to this information because it doesn't have anything to do with the big three vaccines being distributed in this country. The J&J is sort of close. It is in the same family/delivery system, but doesn't specifically use ad5.

It's over, let it go.
lol Okay. I get it. You are convinced that there is absolutely no chance that there is any concern of any type of possible long term risks. I'm not the geneticist and I don't know the fine grained details or the connections. I can't point you to sources and I told you that from the beginning but here we are anyway. You know they gave the vaccine manufacturers full immunity to potential future lawsuits just to be nice for the heck of it not because there may be concerns of future risks........I'm just saying. lol

Old 08-11-2021, 10:11 AM

13,624 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Well the problem with that is there is no universal record keeping of who has been vaccinated.
How is that a problem?

Sounds like a potential saving grace to me...

Old 08-11-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
lol Okay. I get it. You are convinced that there is absolutely no chance that there is any concern of any type of possible long term risks.
No, I'm saying your HIV risk theory is bunk and irrelevant. Which it is. I'm not worried about the vaccines I got as a baby/kid either, but by your logic I should be. I'm guessing you didn't get those either. Or did you?

Old 08-11-2021, 11:44 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times
Quote:
What's the percentage of doctors who have taken it? Nurses aren't necessarily the sharpest tools in the shed. You could be someone who just empties bedpans and feeds somebody jell-o and be called a nurse. That is not something that anyone should let influence their decision.
As a nurse of 50 years with a masters degree I am curious as to your education?

Nurses don’t empty bedpans and feed jello anymore..they are called aides

Old 08-12-2021, 12:13 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
As a nurse of 50 years with a masters degree I am curious as to your education?

Nurses don’t empty bedpans and feed jello anymore..they are called aides
My spaniel is named Lola!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama