Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2021, 07:53 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
I have made no claims to be an expert on these diseases like you are. I trust the scientists and experts that have been trying to guide us through this, not politicians who have used this as a left vs right campaign.
I never claimed to be an expert. Some is just common sense but I did have some detailed inside information in the very beginning when Covid 19 first started appearing in the US. Every bit of it turned out to be spot on and still continues to be. Covid 19 was actually already very well understood because it is very similar to what was called "SARS." Tons of research including genetic research along with vaccine research was done on SARS. The big difference is Covid 19 is far more contagious to the point it can't be contained. The problem is it became politicized and the media loves it for the tv ratings so of course they are going to play it up. The other problem is the government flip flopping and feeding the media narratives to steer the masses in whatever direction they feel on any particular week which some can be blamed on politics.

So I will tell you what was known and feel free go ahead and call me an idiot if you would like but then do your little research. It was known it was airborne, it was highly contagious and it would be pretty much impossible to contain. They knew the vulnerable such as elderly and those with compromised immune systems were going to be hit hard. It was also know that once the vaccine was released, it would take several months to work out the logistics and ramp up and that vaccinations would plateau at around 60% of the population. Vaccination rates would then be a slow go from there. So it was also known that from there it will have to run it's course. That is where we are now.

If, at this point, we start shutting down again to try to stop the spread; we may basically hand the Covid 19 virus the time it needs to mutate yet again and really come at us. So knowing that everyone is not going to get vaccinated no matter how much you try to scare them, shame them or just plain raise hell, do you think letting it run it's course is a better option or dragging it out another year or two is the way to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 09:03 AM

13,619 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Would you rather take the vaccine and feel a little draggy for a day or so
Check VAERS. Many thousands of people haven't had that experience - and that's just reported effects.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:16 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
So now the reports are coming out that those who have been vaccinated are getting it again but are asymptomatic and are spreading it. So how does your arguments hold now?
The vaccinated are being infected because of all of the shellfish geniuses who refused to take the vaccination in the first place. Arguments hold just fine, thank you.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:47 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
The vaccinated are being infected because of all of the shellfish geniuses who refused to take the vaccination in the first place. Arguments hold just fine, thank you.
Okay, I have had some information in my pocket for months now and I guess now is the time since you want to keep on with the name calling. You love you some science and some facts so here you go. About 10 years or a little more ago, a mRNA vaccine was developed for HIV and went to trials. It actually ended up going badly in two years and basically flipped and started causing increased rates of infection of HIV in male trial subjects. Wait.......just wait for it because here comes the kicker and you are going to love this one since you love some facts and I'm the selfish genius or idiot or whatever you have in your mouth on a particular day. lol

The mRNA vaccines developed for Covid 19 and now being distributed are based on the exact same technology and method. They are very likely going to result in a significant increase in HIV infections in at risk segments of the male population. That may possibly be of concern about 2 to 5 years down the road. Young sexually active males, homosexual males and the usual other segments that have elevated HIV infection rates are likely to see a notable increase in HIV infections. Now did anyone tell you or anyone else you know about this before you were given the vaccine and is CNN repeating it every 15 minutes all day long? Nope, but CNN will jump on that story a few years down the road if it develops as feared. That is fact and you are more than welcome to go read the research papers and the medical journals discussing these concerns if you like.

Old 08-03-2021, 01:01 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge0001 View Post
Again, I already have knowledge of this stuff because of my background on Biology and Chemistry, you are just repeating things you read on an article with very little comprehension of what you actually read, maybe you should slow down and do proper research on actual sources of information or go take a class on microbiology. If you had a proper knowledge of how this stuff works, you would realize how rediculous your comments are
The authoritarian argument is not becoming. I have degrees so that my opinion means more than yours. Even if correct, that’s the basis of your argument, not facts. This is why science is becoming less credible by the day. Whether it’s college faculty, news reporters or politicians, they don’t know what’s best for you, only you know what’s best. This is an important liberty for all of us to retain in this country.

So many covid and vaccine threads on CD…

Old 08-03-2021, 01:30 PM

1,017 posts, read 640,193 times
Quote:
I never claimed to be an expert. Some is just common sense.

If, at this point, we start shutting down again to try to stop the spread; we may basically hand the Covid 19 virus the time it needs to mutate yet again and really come at us. So knowing that everyone is not going to get vaccinated no matter how much you try to scare them, shame them or just plain raise hell, do you think letting it run it's course is a better option or dragging it out another year or two is the way to go?
This is not common sense. This is your strategy based on your aversion to news coverage and masks. There's nothing scientific about it. Letting it run it's course means several lives lost. You should be the one explaining things to overworked medical workers when our hospitals and ERs get maxed out from it "running it's course" and families who lose people and corporations losing money from lack of workers but you won't be there will you?

Old 08-03-2021, 02:33 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The authoritarian argument is not becoming. I have degrees so that my opinion means more than yours. Even if correct, that’s the basis of your argument, not facts. This is why science is becoming less credible by the day. Whether it’s college faculty, news reporters or politicians, they don’t know what’s best for you, only you know what’s best. This is an important liberty for all of us to retain in this country.

So many covid and vaccine threads on CD…
That philosophy would be fine if the virus wasn't so contagious. It spreads easily to other people, therefore violating their rights. If it wasn't contagious, through no fault of the person receiving it from others, then the only people that would be concerned about what you do would be yourself and your doctors.

Old 08-03-2021, 04:33 PM

13,619 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
"My safe and effective medicine doesn't work unless you take your safe and effective medicine, too"

Old 08-03-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Okay, I have had some information in my pocket for months now and I guess now is the time since you want to keep on with the name calling. You love you some science and some facts so here you go. About 10 years or a little more ago, a mRNA vaccine was developed for HIV and went to trials. It actually ended up going badly in two years and basically flipped and started causing increased rates of infection of HIV in male trial subjects. Wait.......just wait for it because here comes the kicker and you are going to love this one since you love some facts and I'm the selfish genius or idiot or whatever you have in your mouth on a particular day. lol

The mRNA vaccines developed for Covid 19 and now being distributed are based on the exact same technology and method. They are very likely going to result in a significant increase in HIV infections in at risk segments of the male population. That may possibly be of concern about 2 to 5 years down the road. Young sexually active males, homosexual males and the usual other segments that have elevated HIV infection rates are likely to see a notable increase in HIV infections. Now did anyone tell you or anyone else you know about this before you were given the vaccine and is CNN repeating it every 15 minutes all day long? Nope, but CNN will jump on that story a few years down the road if it develops as feared. That is fact and you are more than welcome to go read the research papers and the medical journals discussing these concerns if you like.
Source, please.

Old 08-03-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
"My safe and effective medicine doesn't work unless you take your safe and effective medicine, too"
That's about right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama