Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2024, 08:40 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,404,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Israel had help from many countries in becoming a nuclear power: France was the biggest contributor, but Argentina, Norway, and Great Britain all provided key help too.

Most of this help occurred during the Eisenhower Administration, but it is true that JFK was a hardliner when it came to Israel having nukes.

I think it was a foregone conclusion that Israel would develop nukes in Dimona, and it didn’t matter what action JFK took.

So I don’t think Israel would have any need to take JFK out. They were already well on their way to becoming a nuclear power.

However, I will admit that the timing of this fits into a conspiracy:

1) The end of the Eisenhower administration is when the US discovered the Israeli plot to develop nukes

2) The Argentine yellowcake was first shipped to them in 1963-1964, exactly around the time JFK is taken out.

3) LBJ had a much softer stance with Israel over nukes than JFK did.

4) The Israelis became a nuclear power in 1966-1967.

So to sum up, I do not believe at this time that the Israelis ordered the assassination, or were involved in anyway. But I’m open to the possibility. You always have to have an open mind

When the government gaslights you and tries to force you to believe nonsense, you must keep an open mind on any possibility.
Good informative post. I lived through that era, but was not really aware of all the facts you brought up.

This is what I call coincidence and not conspiracy.

Thanks for posting the pertinent facts of Israel’s nuclear development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 08:18 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I don't know and don't care. Some things are above my pay grade, and I can frankly do nothing to stop them anyway. But for the rest of everyone, carry on.

Old 01-12-2024, 02:09 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times
So, it's 2024 and we still have no concrete evidence of conspiracy or a 2nd shooter and certainly no agreement that they ever existed. I expect the same will be true in 2124.

Old 01-12-2024, 02:38 PM

6,125 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
So, it's 2024 and we still have no concrete evidence of conspiracy or a 2nd shooter and certainly no agreement that they ever existed. I expect the same will be true in 2124.
There’s been plenty of new information that has come out over the last 3 years that paints an even clearer picture of conspiracy, if you’ve bothered to do the research.

But yea, if you are waiting on the Director of the CIA to brief Congress on how a rogue CIA cell ordered the hit, carried it out successfully with subcontractors, then pinned it on a patsy and covered it up with the help of the FBI and the executive branch, I think you will be waiting an eternity for that.

The government doesn’t apologize for screw ups, or even admit it happened, until it is advantageous for them to do so. As of right now, there is no benefit for them admitting what most of us all know to be true.

Old 01-14-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
There’s been plenty of new information that has come out over the last 3 years that paints an even clearer picture of conspiracy, if you’ve bothered to do the research.

But you've done the research, and you've failed to convince anyone or change any minds. So this new information isn't very conclusive, just like the old information. All it points to is a shadowy possible conspiracy with no actionable facts, that could just as easily not be a conspiracy.

Old 01-15-2024, 08:03 AM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
But you've done the research, and you've failed to convince anyone or change any minds. So this new information isn't very conclusive, just like the old information. All it points to is a shadowy possible conspiracy with no actionable facts, that could just as easily not be a conspiracy.
I agree with your assessment.

The problem begins with the title of this thread "...are we all now in complete agreement..." That made me laugh the first time I read it.

The only thing that bothers me about the whole issue is that now -- 60 years after it happened -- all the files and evidence have not been released. That is suspicious to me. But all these wild speculations about exactly what happened...are just that -- wild speculations.

Old 01-15-2024, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I agree with your assessment.

The problem begins with the title of this thread "...are we all now in complete agreement..." That made me laugh the first time I read it.

The only thing that bothers me about the whole issue is that now -- 60 years after it happened -- all the files and evidence have not been released. That is suspicious to me. But all these wild speculations about exactly what happened...are just that -- wild speculations.
There is no question in my mind, none, that more people in 2024 believe the JFK assassination was a conspiracy compared to people back in 2021.

Just because you have not been swayed, well, that’s anecdotal.

Old 01-15-2024, 12:47 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,314,448 times
Quote:
There is no question in my mind, none, that more people in 2024 believe the JFK assassination was a conspiracy compared to people back in 2021.

Just because you have not been swayed, well, that’s anecdotal.
But a majority vote doesn't make it a conspiracy.

On another note, the failure to release all the documents concerns me too. It certainly is reasonable to ask why any and all documents can't be released at this point. However, some of the people who were interviewed by the Warren Commission and who witnessed some of the events of November 22, 1963 are still alive. They may have some interest in confidentiality. People from foreign governments may have aided in the investigation on a condition of confidentiality and may not want their names revealed even at this point. Its speculation on my part. I'm simply saying there may be reasons for it that have nothing to do with there was or was not a conspiracy.

Old 01-16-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
But a majority vote doesn't make it a conspiracy.

On another note, the failure to release all the documents concerns me too. It certainly is reasonable to ask why any and all documents can't be released at this point. However, some of the people who were interviewed by the Warren Commission and who witnessed some of the events of November 22, 1963 are still alive. They may have some interest in confidentiality. People from foreign governments may have aided in the investigation on a condition of confidentiality and may not want their names revealed even at this point. Its speculation on my part. I'm simply saying there may be reasons for it that have nothing to do with there was or was not a conspiracy.
That’s an incredibly weak argument for keeping a 60 year old event draped in secrecy.

I think it’s obvious that they are hiding something. Don't get me wrong, it’s not a “smoking gun”. Those were all destroyed when the Church Committee came calling in 1975.

What is likely hidden are minor details, and when those last bits of detail are added to what we already know, it will paint an even brighter picture of conspiracy.

Of course, they will still gaslight us all and tell us that it isn’t what we plainly see it is.

Old 01-17-2024, 11:36 AM

Quote:

What is likely hidden are minor details, and when those last bits of detail are added to what we already know, it will paint an even brighter picture of conspiracy.

What doesn't paint a picture of conspiracy, in your mind?

You talk a lot about people needing to keep an open mind, which means willing to have it changed. So what would cause you to change your mind about a conspiracy? Show us how open your mind is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History