Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2023, 08:53 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,294,072 times

Advertisements

The suspense....yawwwwn...is killing me. So who are the 4, and what is the proof?

Rob Reiner could "mysteriously" die at any time so he better hurry up. Nobody would ever believe it was natural causes at 76 years old lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2023, 09:45 AM

16,091 posts, read 10,757,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Amazing how Reiner seems to have found this out sixty years after the assassination occurred isn't it?
It is an amazing revelation, but he is an amazing guy, winning several industry awards including two lifetime achievement awards. He didn't take the bait and keeps on working. I remember him as "Meathead" on the old Archie Bunker (All in the Family) TV series. His directing career spans almost 40 years. He was 16 at the time of JFK's assassination -- I thought he was younger than that. I'm waiting to see Reiner's planned 10–13-episode TV series on the long relationship between the former president and Vladimir Putin. His interest in JFK conspiracies seems like a natural progression sort of thing.

Old 11-30-2023, 11:16 AM

6,125 posts, read 3,351,401 times
Quote:
Amazing how Reiner seems to have found this out sixty years after the assassination occurred isn't it?
There it is. Reiner is making it all up for some kind of benefit.

There has been a steady leak of information, and official document release for decades, but God forbid someone takes this new information and applies it and comes up with new theories.

Under the JFK records act, all documents should have been released in 2017.

But as of today, 4300 documents are still redacted.

We all know why. Because our government is corrupt and they have been for decades.

Permanent Washington determined that JFK was an existential threat, and they eliminated that threat in 1963. I wish this wasn’t true, but 65% of Americans now believe JFK wasn’t killed by a lone gunman.

Old 11-30-2023, 11:50 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,314,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
There it is. Reiner is making it all up for some kind of benefit.

There has been a steady leak of information, and official document release for decades, but God forbid someone takes this new information and applies it and comes up with new theories.

Under the JFK records act, all documents should have been released in 2017.

But as of today, 4300 documents are still redacted.

We all know why. Because our government is corrupt and they have been for decades.

Permanent Washington determined that JFK was an existential threat, and they eliminated that threat in 1963. I wish this wasn’t true, but 65% of Americans now believe JFK wasn’t killed by a lone gunman.
Why would Reiner of all people know that "four people" killed JFK? Maybe he ought to tell the FBI. You think?

Old 12-01-2023, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Why would Reiner of all people know that "four people" killed JFK? Maybe he ought to tell the FBI. You think?
The FBI would do absolutely nothing with any new evidence brought to them. Because they would be put in an uncomfortable position requiring them to acknowledge that Hoover lied and covered up this whole thing.

As far as Reiner “of all people”, why not Reiner? Why not Oliver Stone? Why not any other author or researcher? Basically, anyone with half a brain can comb through the mountains of information out there and quickly determine that something is terribly wrong with the official Warren Report.

I really don’t understand your thought process. Makes zero sense. Either you are trolling me, you are a contrarian, or you are somehow benefitting by pushing the Warren narrative.

There is no way you are naive enough to think that our corrupt, immoral, and greed fueled government isn’t capable of this, wasn’t capable of this in 1963.

Old 12-01-2023, 11:46 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,405,550 times
Rob, Oliver, and so many other books and documentaries on jfk conspiracy theories are just a for profit publication. I don’t have any problem with selling theories or information, I just don’t give the same credibility to movie, book or podcast that was published for the sole reason to profit from it. I mean , rob is going to take 10-13 episodes to reveal “the 4 shooters.” That is either a money grab or rob is just trying to remain relevant.

This is my opinion and if anyone is entertained or believes in these types of rabbit holes, I don’t think any less of you or call you dumb or naive. I am entertained by fictional narratives almost every time I go to any movie or read a jack reacher series book.

But to get back on topic, I am not convinced of any of the conspiracy theories to date.

Old 12-02-2023, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
Rob, Oliver, and so many other books and documentaries on jfk conspiracy theories are just a for profit publication. I don’t have any problem with selling theories or information, I just don’t give the same credibility to movie, book or podcast that was published for the sole reason to profit from it. I mean , rob is going to take 10-13 episodes to reveal “the 4 shooters.” That is either a money grab or rob is just trying to remain relevant.

This is my opinion and if anyone is entertained or believes in these types of rabbit holes, I don’t think any less of you or call you dumb or naive. I am entertained by fictional narratives almost every time I go to any movie or read a jack reacher series book.

But to get back on topic, I am not convinced of any of the conspiracy theories to date.
Reiner, a guy who is 76 years old, and worth 200 million dollars is doing this only because he wants more money!

Stone, a guy who is 77 years old, and worth 100 million dollars is doing this only because he wants more money!

As far as staying relevant, they are both plenty relevant without JFK, and there are many other subjects these guys could be doing and Hollywood would definitely front them the money to do so.

It’s always the same tired push back from the naysayers.

The researchers are all trying to make a quick buck!

The people that believe that the Warren Report is garbage are all a bunch of conspiracy theorist nut jobs!

Your response is completely foolish.

But I am curious as to why you believe what you believe. Let me ask you a couple questions:

1) Why do you believe Oswald was on the 6th floor at 1230 and was definitely the only shooter? What evidence do you have to support that claim?

2) Why do you believe that the FBI and the CIA both would allow Oswald to purchase weapons with an alias?

3). Why don’t you believe Buell Frazier when he has stated emphatically for 60 years that Lee’s package couldn’t possibly be the Carcano as it was clearly not long enough?

3) Why did so many people see Mac Wallace, or someone else in the window and not Oswald? Why did so many people smell gunfire at street level immediately after the shots, and see or hear shots from the knoll?

4) When Ruby got out of line in his jail cell, started hinting that this thing isn’t what the American people have been told, why did an MK Ultra CIA psychologist from Los Angeles wind up “treating” Ruby in Dallas? Why did Ruby basically become a vegetable after his treatment ?

I’ve got dozens upon dozens of question that just do not add up at all.

Old 12-02-2023, 10:35 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,405,550 times
I am not going to argue points with you or get into a battle of who is foolish. But to answer your first few questions about money and relevance. Maybe you need to research the human psychology a bit, because people love money and popularity, especially people in the entertainment business.

Old 12-02-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
I am not going to argue points with you or get into a battle of who is foolish. But to answer your first few questions about money and relevance. Maybe you need to research the human psychology a bit, because people love money and popularity, especially people in the entertainment business.
Of course you aren’t going to argue the actual data found in the Warren Report. Because it’s indefensible.

So keep attacking the researchers and the people like me who have read the research and come to the conclusion that the Warren Report isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

I used to be like you, too. I used to think that Oswald did it alone because I had 100% trust in my government. Those days are long gone. The government is corrupt, and it has been, possibly as long as its inception in 1776.

Either you will wake up, or you won’t. Probably doesn’t matter either way, I guess.

Old 12-02-2023, 04:48 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,314,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Of course you aren’t going to argue the actual data found in the Warren Report. Because it’s indefensible.

So keep attacking the researchers and the people like me who have read the research and come to the conclusion that the Warren Report isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

I used to be like you, too. I used to think that Oswald did it alone because I had 100% trust in my government. Those days are long gone. The government is corrupt, and it has been, possibly as long as its inception in 1776.

Either you will wake up, or you won’t. Probably doesn’t matter either way, I guess.
I am not saying conspiracies never exist. Perhaps, the most provable one was the conspiracy that resulted in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. The problem is that doesn't mean all presidential assassinations were the result of conspiracies.

I think most of us are just tired. Tired of constantly hearing some new conspiracy theory about the JFK Assassination and wondering why its happening--now--sixty years after the deed occurred.

It seems more than coincidental that Reiner is speaking out sixty years to the date after the assassination. I don't think the motive is money. I think the motive is craving attention. I wonder what theory will come out on the 100th anniversary? I'm glad I won't be around to hear it. These things have greater lives than our own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History