Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 07:37 AM

31,690 posts, read 41,116,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Because the concept that a short haircut is a "man's" haircut is ridiculously archaic. I prefer having short hair, it's easier to maintain and it looks great.
That's what my wife says so for your comment a Bada Bing! I lave learned to like it.

Last edited by TuborgP; 10-20-2015 at 08:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 07:41 AM

12,064 posts, read 10,318,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If I were one of those women with cute little heads, I would have short hair, and it would be a wonderful relief. I lost my hair once to chemotherapy, so I know I am not one of those people. I have a big old head so I keep my hair chin length.
I have always been a bit puzzled by the way old ladies always seem to get short hair and perms. What's that about? Maybe it is the fluffiness hides thinning hair.
I think it just becomes a habit. My older sisters have had the same hairstyle for at least 30 years. I call it football helmet head. Short poufs, colored to cover the gray.

They get after me for going gray. Hey, but at least I've undergone several hair transformation in the ten years I've been living back home.

Who knows I might even grow it out again.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:41 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,384,014 times
I'll be back when there's something of substance to post about and not other women's style choices.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:43 AM

I find the male reaction to real life women with short hair really amazing, when my hunch is that on a scale of 0-10 most of us would give Jamie Lee Curtis somewhere between 8-12 on the hot scale. I say 8-12 because I suspect some would label her off the chart. No need to post a picture as I am sure most can picture her with little problem. Especially men.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-002

Well I did anyway and in basic male to male lingo, how many of you would tell her to leave? Marriage aside? Ok if single!

Old 10-20-2015, 07:46 AM

12,064 posts, read 10,318,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
I'll be back when there's something of substance to post about and not other women's style choices.
I love this thread. For some reason hair is a big topic in our family. Lol

Old 10-20-2015, 07:47 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,083,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
I know older women who get a really short cut because their hair is thinning. But why should it matter to anyone? They are not trying to appeal to you, OP, just to feel good about themselves.
This!!

Old 10-20-2015, 08:07 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,130,227 times
I mean this in the most non-rude way possible (lol), but when will people realize that, when it comes to someone else's lifestyle choices, whether it be haircut, sexual preference, shoes, iPhone or Android, car, length of finger nails, favorite sports team.....YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER. nobody gives a **** what you think.

The world would be such a happier place if mankind as a whole could grasp this concept lol

Old 10-20-2015, 08:21 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,878,511 times
Lol.

All I can say is that there's a big difference between women choosing a hair length of one-inch, and the witchy look. At any age, some women can carry it off, and that includes styles of any length.

I will add, however, that short isn't always masculine, and long isn't always feminine. Who the heck wants to see Bette Davis as Baby Jane when the elderly woman up ahead turns around?

Old 10-20-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I mean this in the most non-rude way possible (lol), but when will people realize that, when it comes to someone else's lifestyle choices, whether it be haircut, sexual preference, shoes, iPhone or Android, car, length of finger nails, favorite sports team.....YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER. nobody gives a **** what you think.

The world would be such a happier place if mankind as a whole could grasp this concept lol
Truthfully in many of the areas you listed people do care what other people think but aren't bothered by the nay sayers. Especially with things like sports teams folks seek out others like a similar team and some when transplanting want to know where the closest sports bar is supporting a particular team. Remember Steeler Nation is everywhere and we will seek out and find each other. Also for many the smart phone discussion and which are you is a popular one and one for many a good discussion. So we are all individuals but I support your point that discussion when not invited or rejected and continued is rude. So I understand the OP question as this is what discussion forums are for and hopefully they have gotten some good thoughts from both genders.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:23 AM

Isn't short hair easier to control and contain the color of when altering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement