Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 11:31 AM

310 posts, read 1,700,548 times

Advertisements

I've posted here seeking local salons/hairstylists for my problem hair (thick, wavy, coarse, color-treated) & was referred to Bliss Salon in Pineville.

Spoke to the salon & I can get a regular haircut for about $50, but they also have the Ouidad Deep Treatment & then the Ouidad "Carve & Slice" haircut which supposedly would be very good for my type of hair (thick wavy or curly hair.) However, it's very pricey: $160 total the first time (which includes a "required" $55 Deep Treatment done right before the first haircut), then $106 per haircut after that first time! I read up on the Ouidad method and discovered it has a good reputation, that this is a Ouidad-certified Salon with Ouidad-trained stylists, & it seems like what I need, but it's much more expensive than I'm used to paying, so looking for feedback about it!

-- If you have had the Ouidad type of treatment/haircut at Bliss Salon (or any other salon), how was it? Worth the money? (Keep in mind this is for PROBLEM HAIR, not for simple, straight, easy-to-cut hair.)

-- Is it really necessary to pay for the Deep Treatment ($55!!) at the salon instead of just buying the product & doing it myself at home? (They said that they do this treatment on customers right before their first Ouidad haircut, not necessary for later haircuts.)

-- They also told me that even though it's pricey, most customers only have to get their hair cut "every 4 months" (?!) after that first haircut. I can see that working with longer hair but is that realistic for someone with short, layered hair like me? (Usually have to get it trimmed every 4 - 5 weeks.)

Hope to get some more feedback before trying this pricey service at Bliss Salon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 12:43 AM

245 posts, read 956,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie09 View Post
I've posted here seeking local salons/hairstylists for my problem hair (thick, wavy, coarse, color-treated) & was referred to Bliss Salon in Pineville.

Hope to get some more feedback before trying this pricey service at Bliss Salon!
I know I've come across this post many, many months later but I've gone to Bliss Salon in Pineville & then their new location in Charlotte back in November before I moved to PA. The Ouidad cut is worth every penny! I've located a Ouidad salon about 90 min or so from me now and intend to hunt them down for a Ouidad haircut at the end of Feb or beginning of March. And yes you don't need frequent haircuts, maybe someone to just trim bangs or your length in between, don't let them touch those curls!

I wonder what route you chose to take with your curly hair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte