Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 02:29 AM

982 posts, read 608,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
The most effective way for me is to run up to Christ, give Him a hug and tell Him I have come home!

For the family that accept Him, I would run up to them, love them with all my heart and say I love you so dearly!

For the ones that reject Him, I would run up to them, love them with all my heart and say I love you so dearly!

For the ones that hate Him and hate me even more because I don't fit in their definition of being a Christian, I would run up to them, love them with all my heart and say I love you so dearly!

For the ones that don't believe He exist, guess what I'm going to say to them my dear lol! I would run up to them, love them with all my heart and say I love you so dearly!

Mortals have so much struggle, hurt, anger, mistrust and sadness in them that they lash out to people that think differently than what they do. I can't control their anger, but I can show them the love I have seen from God above.
Showing love always. We can't control their anger but we can control ourselves and how we react. Part of the human experience is learning more about ourselves in how we can be and do better, how we can be of service to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2023, 12:12 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
For me, I really like the Christian Rock Star that used to be a regular Rock Star who took lots of drugs, had long hair and tattoos and worshiped Satan before he found Christ. And I much prefer that their secular music sounded like it was of the Devil. Having had a lot of groupies would grab my interest even further. Bonus points if you had Cynthia the plaster caster or Sweet Connie in your port folio. A history of trashing hotel rooms and guitars on stage also intrigues.

A dude like that could approach me any way he wanted to provided I can get a pic and an autograph.

I believe Christ is perfect empathy.
He will meets us where we are, as we are.

And He will be crystal clear.
Completely familiar to us.

Old 07-29-2023, 01:31 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

Old 07-29-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
Showing love always. We can't control their anger but we can control ourselves and how we react. Part of the human experience is learning more about ourselves in how we can be and do better, how we can be of service to others.

Old 08-03-2023, 09:04 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:

That is a nice thought. I was never able to quite see Jesus in that manner, as kind or empathetic or in any way relatable to me personally. Probably never will, at this stage of my life. I did learn to view Jesus as a healer and teacher for others, and therefore less frightening than the cruel, finger-pointing Jesus of childhood. But it is nice to know others can have that point of view.

Old 08-04-2023, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That is a nice thought. I was never able to quite see Jesus in that manner, as kind or empathetic or in any way relatable to me personally. Probably never will, at this stage of my life. I did learn to view Jesus as a healer and teacher for others, and therefore less frightening than the cruel, finger-pointing Jesus of childhood. But it is nice to know others can have that point of view.
I believe you are standing on the precipice of a relationship with the Divine.

As Augustine is famous for saying;
" Our hearts are restless until they rest in you"

This longing is a sign of the longing of the human heart for God. It is one of the most profound ways God has of calling us.

Old 08-04-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:

This longing is a sign of the longing of the human heart for God. It is one of the most profound ways God has of calling us.
That is why the teaching of the primitive and absurd hellfire and damnation to young children is tantamount to child abuse. It tends to be indelibly imprinted. It is inexcusable, IMO.

Old 08-04-2023, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is why the teaching of the primitive and absurd hellfire and damnation to young children is tantamount to child abuse. It tends to be indelibly imprinted. It is inexcusable, IMO.
I agree. Maybe 30 years ago, I was railroaded into teaching 6th grade religious education.

I was tasked with teaching things most adults can't grasp.

No wonder when they grow up, they come to believe they were taught a bunch of nonsense and magic, then reject their faith.

Old 08-06-2023, 11:54 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:

Lovely words and thought, but I am 65 years old. It's been a lifetime of longing and seeking. I can't do anything more. God knows where I am.

Old 08-06-2023, 04:07 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lovely words and thought, but I am 65 years old. It's been a lifetime of longing and seeking. I can't do anything more. God knows where I am.
I remember years ago when I walked away from my fundamental religious beliefs. A good long-time friend was appalled. She was truly scared for my soul. So we went to lunch one day and she asked, "but what do you do with Jesus?" I said, "I don't do anything with him." That's about the size of it. I like what he says in some of the scriptures, but as far as taking comfort in a bible God, I'm not there either. So I hear you, my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality