Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 08:42 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times

Advertisements

I hope you are not feeling responsible if NS has been banned. (The tag isn't appearing under her name). As ILNC said the approach she took was very difficult to tolerate and the drumbeat she espoused really was grating and insulting.

Last night when she attacked one of the younger members, I certainly thought she deserved some infraction. And, btw, thanks ILNC, for being supportive when she came after me.

I often thought about reporting her, but while her posts were over the top, I didn't. And for whatever its worth, although not a Christian, I am not an atheist either and I doubt that you were the only one that reported her.

Last edited by ontheroad; 04-28-2007 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 09:18 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
all I can add is intolerance is not to be tolerated!

S.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:54 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Default Hoosier, you are a tool of satan!

God bless you, you little devil.

No, you are definitely not responsible for anyone being banned. And you are definitely not tolerant. You simply choose to lead others to Christ by example instead of by slinging judgemental infantile rants and insults.

If I recall, the o.p. on the -sharing testimonials- admonished NS publicly for becoming negative, and offending others. And that was a christian thread for other christians!

Old 04-28-2007, 10:16 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
If I were considering asking Christ to come into my heart (which I did,43 years ago) First I would pray to God for guidance. Then I would go to the Bible, and head straight to the Gospels to learn who Christ was. Then I would want to know "What happened next?", so I would continue into Acts, and learn how the church was started. When I finished Acts and began the Epistles,I would realize that I would need some guidence. I would seek out someone whom I knew to be a Christian and ask questions. Next I would realize that I really need to know some history, so I would begin with Genesis. My final step would be to listen to all my christian friends reasons why they joined a particular denomination. Finally after much prayer and further study I would have enough faith to know that God would put me where I would be able to carry out his plan for me .

Old 04-28-2007, 10:29 PM

212 posts, read 858,861 times
I think it's really important to ask "why". Why not other faiths? The all share tenets. The bible should definitly play part but I don't think quoting from the bible esp. Genesis from the get go would convince anyone who is really searching with a brain to be convinced. To them, Noah, Gilgamesh,...same difference.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:48 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
After the really disturbing posts last night and today, aren't we all glad that we can always go to Hoosier to calm the storm I've been reading him all night just to settle my nerves. So guys , I think I can sleep now..GOOD NIGHT

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-28-2007 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 AM

13 posts, read 6,618 times
I can't endear you guys. I believe there is something systemic in all these patterns of disapproving other people's life-styles for thoughts, while at the same time disrespecting the democratic push for ignorance by the other side. Ignorance is not always the source of pre-judice is my other point.

Thank you, maybe the radio will respond better.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:17 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Too many Christians do exactly that, beat people over the head with Jesus.
I was once a visitor in a Christian chatroom, and someone (who knew I wasn't Christian) complained privately about 'showing [someone] the right way to believe'.

My (amazingly blunt) response was as follows:

'That's just using faith as a weapon -- you're one of a dozen people that I know that want to take their faith and 'bludgeon' people into believing, which is unproductive, dangerous, and disrespectful.'

As for how to approach me -- do it respectfully. I don't believe as you do; while I may be willing to converse with someone on religious matters, I'm not willing to subject myself to a one-sided debate in which I'm 'wrong by default'.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:53 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
Hi Hoosier, I love your kind attitude. To answer your question I would have to ask whether you want me to invite the "Christian Jesus" into my heart (who seems to be interpreted very wrong IMO, damning and labeling people as sinners unless we come unto him to be saved) or the Jesus the Christ (who taught of love, tolerance, hope and peace)

Then I would say that Christ is living and is living in all of us, if he is damning you, you must not know the real him, you must be listening to preachers and others who think they know what the bible is saying. That is all. I wish you much peace on your journey, you sound like you have been through some turmoil. I am glad you are here.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:36 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Well thank you to everyone for your kind words. It's always nice to know how appreciated one is. I never imagined getting into this forum and finding such great people. As NS mentioned in her post, it was a pm from her that got me thinking and creating this thread. I was not going to name names because I don't think that's appropriate...and as I was admonished in another thread for something that happened at work.

Well just when you think it's safe to go back in the water...Jaws comes up out of the water!! I received a private message from NS tonight blaming me for getting banned. Yep, that's right, according to her, she has been banned. I shared that I reported a few of her posts to the mods. I was told she expected that from atheists...but not Christians. Well suffice it to say, according to her my two reports got her banned...and Satan used me for this purpose. I am his minion (my words here).

All I can say is that I am so sorry to anyone who has been offended by NS. As a Christian I am embarrassed when people represent Christ in this manner. While there are many people out there there like this, please know that there are MORE people that are not like that.
Hoosier, you and I are of different faiths and cultures and yet I have a great deal respect for you and what you have posted in the past. I have read some of your posts and have found them to be very respectful of others even though they are of different beliefs and you have earned my respect. osay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality