Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:20 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times

Advertisements

I am a spiritually (and physically LOL) clumsy person who experiences the love of the divine on a daily basis. I am a great person, with many wonderful and useful talents given to me by my creator. I try love myself even when I am being "bad." I notice that it is a struggle to love others as myself but I am wholly devoting my life to that very thing. It seems that the struggle to love others is harder the closer that person is to me. In considering that, I realize that it is my ego trying to protect itself from rejection that causes it to be harder to forgive and love unconditionally.

I find that the more I use my spirit rather than my mind in dealing with others, the better the outcome and the more love I find for myself and others.

Do you think of yourself as a good person or are you still punishing yourself for those mistakes you have made in your life?

Do you believe that at the core of your self/ego you are evil and cannot change that?

When you let all these self-judgments go, you will be free.

The truth is that we are ALL clumsy spiritually. We all want love but struggle in giving it freely to others. However, we are not inherently evil but inherently good.

How do you view yourself spiritually?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2023, 07:04 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I am a spiritually (and physically LOL) clumsy person who experiences the love of the divine on a daily basis. I am a great person, with many wonderful and useful talents given to me by my creator. I try love myself even when I am being "bad." I notice that it is a struggle to love others as myself but I am wholly devoting my life to that very thing. It seems that the struggle to love others is harder the closer that person is to me. In considering that, I realize that it is my ego trying to protect itself from rejection that causes it to be harder to forgive and love unconditionally.

I find that the more I use my spirit rather than my mind in dealing with others, the better the outcome and the more love I find for myself and others.

Do you think of yourself as a good person or are you still punishing yourself for those mistakes you have made in your life?

Do you believe that at the core of your self/ego you are evil and cannot change that?

The truth is that we are ALL clumsy spiritually. We all want love but struggle in giving it freely to others. However, we are not inherently evil but inherently good.

I think of myself as a good person who has made mistakes, and who will make mistakes. I have learnt not to ruminate over the past, because you only live through the same pain again. That only made me miserable, and also a miserable person. Nostalgia, even the good times, only makes me sad. What I have understood through my spiritual studies is that the mind is a great mischief maker. By controlling my thoughts I am able to contro my mind, reach equanimity. That promotes spirituality and spiritual practice.

Old 07-27-2023, 08:01 AM

22,152 posts, read 19,206,964 times
as a child of Divinity
just like everyone else is

Old 07-27-2023, 11:01 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
as a child of Divinity
just like everyone else is
The status of "child" has implicit and explicit implications for our relationship to Divinity that you deny by your definition of Divinity, IMO.

Old 07-27-2023, 07:35 PM

22,152 posts, read 19,206,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The status of "child" has implicit and explicit implications for our relationship to Divinity that you deny by your definition of Divinity, IMO.
well then, as an outpicturing of Divinity.
just like everyone is.

All That Is (another name for Divinity) does not reproduce or grow or increase or become more. else it was not All That Is to begin with.

Old 07-28-2023, 07:23 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times
Quote:

I'm just another bozo on the bus.

Old 07-28-2023, 08:16 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Quote:

On a right path.

Old 07-28-2023, 08:27 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,023,195 times
I am a part of the eternal All In All, a drop of water in the ocean of boundless unconditional love. Yup, that's me.

Old 07-28-2023, 12:02 PM

975 posts, read 535,284 times
There is more to each of us than the sum of our physical parts. If we want to acknowledge that ok, if not ok. In the grand scheme of things we are each here experiencing being human on planet earth for a different reason.

Old 07-28-2023, 12:16 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat56 View Post
There is more to each of us than the sum of our physical parts. If we want to acknowledge that ok, if not ok. In the grand scheme of things we are each here experiencing being human on planet earth for a different reason.
And vive la dif·fé·rence! Mostly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality