Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2024, 01:58 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times

Advertisements

Mink, instead of asking all these "How do you know bla bla...." questions which get us nowhere why don't you instead start putting up some studies and polls that refute what I say?

For example I can give a fact like this: "1390 people died in Katrina. If 70% of the nation is Christian, then that's 970 Christians that God let die without helping them." Are you then going to pose the ridiculous question, "How do you know God didn't help them?"

Instead of that why not explain to us why God permitted 970 of his children to die a miserable horrible death getting all bloated and rotted laying in the water for several days instead of sending a boat to rescue them?

Shall I answer for you? Because if there really was a God watching out for his children they would have been rescued. But the fact God let them die out there at best proves he's a God who doesn't give a damn about his children and at worst simply doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2024, 02:33 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And yet, you ignore post after post telling you that people followed him, life was not easier, and blessings did not abound.
I will clarify what I mean by “follow Him.” In my spiritual belief, God wants His children to pray for His Divine Love, so that we may become as He is. Not as mini-Gods, but as holy and loving children. This Love has a cleansing power which removes sins off of our souls. So it is in this way that I follow God. I am doing what He wishes, and I am reaping the benefits.

As to life not being easier, were those people praying and receiving God’s Divine Love? If not, then there’s a reason. The majority of people who I know are people of faith and they are purifying their natural love - the love that we’re born with. And that’s a good thing, but I do not believe their personal relationship with God is different than mine except for the fact that my soul is transforming into a state of perfection. This is a long process which takes a lifetime to accomplish.

Let’s just say that I’ve been to hell and back in this life, and I know that I don’t want to go there when it’s my turn to leave this planet. Hence, the reason that I am following the will of God.

Old 01-03-2024, 03:16 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I don't call people liars when they say "Aspirin doesn't do a thing for me", or "I know when the contestant on Jeopardy has requested the Daily Double, before the sign flips over" just because I don't experience those things.

When I need guidance, and direction, I pray out loud "Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Yahweh, My Savior, Reveal yourself!" and I get answers. I get help. And I really don't care what people say about that, and whether they think it's true or not just because THEY might not get answers when they pray. And the answers come so fast, and so clearly, and sometimes in a truly humorous way, that I really don't care about whether other people don't experience that - I experience it.

Also, the prayer "St. Anthony, St. Anthony, Look Around, Something is Lost and Must be Found", works for me every single time, and I don't care who says it doesn't work for them. That's your life, this is mine, and my truth.

Old 01-03-2024, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Also, the prayer "St. Anthony, St. Anthony, Look Around, Something is Lost and Must be Found", works for me every single time, and I don't care who says it doesn't work for them. That's your life, this is mine, and my truth.
Good one. This morning, my sister lost two items in the house and is looking all over for them. I told her we must call St. Anthony. I don't know if she's done it yet, but I'm going to right now. I'll let you know of the outcome.

Old 01-03-2024, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Good one. This morning, my sister lost two items in the house and is looking all over for them. I told her we must call St. Anthony. I don't know if she's done it yet, but I'm going to right now. I'll let you know of the outcome.
One item found! Thank you St. Anthony!

Old 01-03-2024, 04:18 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Mink, instead of asking all these "How do you know bla bla...." questions which get us nowhere why don't you instead start putting up some studies and polls that refute what I say?

For example I can give a fact like this: "1390 people died in Katrina. If 70% of the nation is Christian, then that's 970 Christians that God let die without helping them." Are you then going to pose the ridiculous question, "How do you know God didn't help them?"

Instead of that why not explain to us why God permitted 970 of his children to die a miserable horrible death getting all bloated and rotted laying in the water for several days instead of sending a boat to rescue them?

Shall I answer for you? Because if there really was a God watching out for his children they would have been rescued. But the fact God let them die out there at best proves he's a God who doesn't give a damn about his children and at worst simply doesn't exist.
Since I sometimes criticize you, I feel I should also praise you, when appropriate. Very fair questions. Nicely done.

Old 01-03-2024, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I will clarify what I mean by “follow Him.” In my spiritual belief, God wants His children to pray for His Divine Love, so that we may become as He is. Not as mini-Gods, but as holy and loving children. This Love has a cleansing power which removes sins off of our souls. So it is in this way that I follow God. I am doing what He wishes, and I am reaping the benefits.

As to life not being easier, were those people praying and receiving God’s Divine Love? If not, then there’s a reason. The majority of people who I know are people of faith and they are purifying their natural love - the love that we’re born with. And that’s a good thing, but I do not believe their personal relationship with God is different than mine except for the fact that my soul is transforming into a state of perfection. This is a long process which takes a lifetime to accomplish.

Let’s just say that I’ve been to hell and back in this life, and I know that I don’t want to go there when it’s my turn to leave this planet. Hence, the reason that I am following the will of God.
In Buddhism we are taught to be very selective about with whom we associate. So if you've been to hell...why should we listen to you?

Old 01-03-2024, 04:24 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
So, God apparently didn't seem to hear the prayers of 6 million Jews during the Holocaust, so why does anyone think that God will really grant you the new job you were hoping to get? REALLY? Shouldn't people just say that they were hoping to get the new job rather than try and use God to grant their requests?
Happy New Year to you, too, OP. Thanks for the cheery image.

Old 01-03-2024, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't call people liars when they say "Aspirin doesn't do a thing for me", or "I know when the contestant on Jeopardy has requested the Daily Double, before the sign flips over" just because I don't experience those things.

When I need guidance, and direction, I pray out loud "Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Yahweh, My Savior, Reveal yourself!" and I get answers. I get help. And I really don't care what people say about that, and whether they think it's true or not just because THEY might not get answers when they pray. And the answers come so fast, and so clearly, and sometimes in a truly humorous way, that I really don't care about whether other people don't experience that - I experience it.

Ph, Clara. It has nothing to do with calling people liars. Just because someone says god answers their prayers doesn't mean god answers their prayers.

I've lost or misplaced my car keys quite a few times. Never prayed about it. Always found them eventually. So maybe god gave a non-believer a freebee???

So I'll pray right now: God, please stop wasting time finding car keys and, instead, end world hunger, end child abuse, end sex slavery...

Old 01-03-2024, 04:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Ph, Clara. It has nothing to do with calling people liars. Just because someone says god answers their prayers doesn't mean god answers their prayers.

I've lost or misplaced my car keys quite a few times. Never prayed about it. Always found them eventually. So maybe god gave a non-believer a freebee???

So I'll pray right now: God, please stop wasting time finding car keys and, instead, end world hunger, end child abuse, end sex slavery...
You do you.

I would be an absolute fool, and stupid to boot, if I didn't believe in the power of Jesus Christ, considering what I've seen and experienced.

In my circumstance, anyone would have my rock solid faith, given what I've experienced.

But again, I do fully realize not everyone has the same experience. "He who has ears to hear, let him hear".

Edited to add: if you've lost your car keys in your house, you will obviously find them, in your house, your car, or between your house and car. Period. I don't bother to pray to St Anthony to help me find my car keys that I've put down on a surface in my house. Have you ever lost your passport in an airport in Mexico, your diamond ring in a grocery store, and your driver license in a very large cemetery? I have, all 3, in the past couple years.

Last edited by ClaraC; 01-03-2024 at 04:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality