Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 10:01 AM

22,643 posts, read 19,347,780 times

Advertisements

What are your favorite prayers? Those that work the best? I am a practical person and I like to use the prayers that get the best results. I like short prayers, a few lines or less, because then I can remember them and use them easily, even when I am at work or going to sleep.

So....what are your favorite prayers that work the best for you, those that have the most power, and get the best results?

Here are some of my current favorites: "Thy will be done" or "Thy will not mine be done." And "Heaven on earth is mine, here and now." And also "Make me an instrument of thy peace."

Thank you and blessings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 10:06 AM

23,027 posts, read 34,438,386 times
I don't have "set" prayers, they are all different. I think the best prayers are the ones that come from your heart in your own words as you talk to God.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:52 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,590,065 times
I agree with ILNC,prayers should come from the heart. I feel that going in to a quiet room of the house closing your eyes and bowing down before God is the best way to pray,because there are no outside disturbances. As far as results from prayers,God will answer your prayers in His time,He knows what you need and when it is best suited for you.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:32 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,553,299 times
I don't use any set prayers, I just pray when the need hits me. I don't rehearse or memorize anything I want to talk to God about..IMO all prayers work for God if they are straight from your own heart..He knows you best and recognizes your needs before you do..

Old 12-19-2007, 12:57 PM

22,643 posts, read 19,347,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I agree with ILNC,prayers should come from the heart.
I like that part....and I have always liked hearing that where I pray from is more important than who or what I pray to.

I also agree that "before I ask it is already done" in that a loving god knows my every wish. But it is important what I choose to speak and say in prayer, because it is an act that focuses my attention and my intention. And that the act of my approaching a loving god shows my willingness to actively be in that relationship, not just passively sitting around waiting for "god's will" to happen. I have to show up for my own life too.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:23 PM

21 posts, read 52,809 times
When the SPIRIT leads me, I pray as HE LEADS. NO SET PRAYERS as others have said. Worshipping HIM in SPIRIT and TRUTH.

I ALWAYS USE SCRIPTURE : to bring RECALL to the LORD of what HE HAS TO SAY ABOUT a situation in HIS PROMISES FOR ME AND MINE.

AND, the Lord did tell us when we pray to pray like this: Our Father which is in heaven.......and that's always a great prayer.

Another favorite is that of : Binding and Loosing. God said HE GAVE us the "KEYS" (just think of that) to the KINGDOM of HEAVEN, in this manner of spiritual warfare and prayer.

Another is praying specially for GOD'S KINGDOM TO COME (also in the Lord's prayer) on earth today in my life and those I pray for as it is IN HEAVEN this very moment....as HE SEE'S IT. AS it is or would be in HIS KINGDOM.

These are favorites of mine and I pray according to the situation and how the SPIRIT leads me at that moment in the situation. Then I know I'm praying in GOD'S WILL..........not MINE BE DONE !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality