Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2023, 03:41 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I agree with the bold. I only recognized that the consciousness of God I encountered MATCHED with the "mind of Christ" as described in the narrative about the Cross. Agape love is the key! That is why I found O'Darby's dream about an After-Death communication from Carl Sagan intriguing. Sagan said, "Anyway, it is all about love."
I think you encountered your own brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 06:29 PM

2,766 posts, read 2,665,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Control c, control v.
this is a translation for the words of the one who own this planet and own us and to him we shall return.
i advise every one to take it seriously

Those who disbelieve assert that they will not be raised again.
Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Yea, verily, by my Lord! ye will be raised again and then ye will be informed of what ye did;
and that is easy for Allah.
So believe in Allah and His messenger and the light which We have revealed.
And Allah is Informed of what ye do.
The day when He shall gather you unto the Day of Assembling, that will be a day of mutual disillusion.
And whoso believeth in Allah and doeth right,
He will remit from him his evil deeds and will bring him unto Gardens underneath which rivers flow, therein to abide for ever.
That is the supreme triumph.
But those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are owners of the Fire;
they will abide therein - a hapless journey's end!

Old 09-18-2023, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
this is a translation for the words of the one who own this planet and own us and to him we shall return.
i advise every one to take it seriously

Those who disbelieve assert that they will not be raised again.
Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Yea, verily, by my Lord! ye will be raised again and then ye will be informed of what ye did;
and that is easy for Allah.
So believe in Allah and His messenger and the light which We have revealed.
And Allah is Informed of what ye do.
The day when He shall gather you unto the Day of Assembling, that will be a day of mutual disillusion.
And whoso believeth in Allah and doeth right,
He will remit from him his evil deeds and will bring him unto Gardens underneath which rivers flow, therein to abide for ever.
That is the supreme triumph.
But those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are owners of the Fire;
they will abide therein - a hapless journey's end!
I grew up with the Christian version of “believe or burn.” I’m not impressed. Nothing new here.

Old 09-19-2023, 07:23 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,866,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that's funny. the soul doesn't need to defend anything or grasp at anything. because it is eternal.
it is only the mind and the ego that grasps, because the ego, and for some the intellect, believes itself to be only a physical body, a physical brain, a physical thinking mind. and yes all of those yes do wither and disappear when the physical body "dies" and decomposes.

the soul laughs and knows it is not those.
And what scientists understand about the mind is very little. They are like the scientists of 1200 AD to physics. But scientists tend to be pretty arrogant. They don't know what they don't know.

Old 09-19-2023, 07:34 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I think you encountered your own brain.
If I believed that, I would be awesomely impressed with myself but know myself too well to believe it. It was NOT remotely me!

Old 09-19-2023, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If I believed that, I would be awesomely impressed with myself but know myself too well to believe it. It was NOT remotely me!
The human brain is capable of producing all kinds of powerful and bizarre experiences. Anyone who has ever had a panic attack will tell you. Anyone who has taken psilocybin or LSD will tell you.

You had an experience. Fine. But that doesn’t point to any kind of objective reality, other than the biochemical processes happening in your brain.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:06 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
it's funny how there are atheists on the forum who scoff and mock with the phrases "God dunnit" and "sheeple"
but exhibit the same behavior themselves and have no qualms about parroting the phrase themselves "chemicals in the brain dunnit"

Old 09-19-2023, 11:30 PM

16,761 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
it's funny how there are atheists on the forum who scoff and mock with the phrases "God dunnit" and "sheeple"
but exhibit the same behavior themselves and have no qualms about parroting the phrase themselves "chemicals in the brain dunnit"
How is that the same behavior, pointing out "chemicals in the brain dunnit" is 1) not mocking anyone, and 2, has evidence for it.

It's funny how you feel threatened by overwhelming evidence you do not like.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:36 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
How is that the same behavior, pointing out "chemicals in the brain dunnit" is 1) not mocking anyone, and 2, has evidence for it.

It's funny how you feel threatened by overwhelming evidence you do not like.
This -- https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...tress-response -- is too complicated for some people.

Old 09-20-2023, 07:53 AM

Quote:
There is evidence that brain chemistry affects perception and emotions.*

There is no evidence that “god does it.”

*Drink a few glasses of hard liquor if you don’t believe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality