Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2023, 08:21 AM

6,267 posts, read 2,986,531 times

Advertisements

I really don't understand why people try to apply logic to things that are illogical. And, just because we have logic to rationally explain things, doesn't mean we know all the logic that may exist.

I don't believe the logic of this world applies to things that are not of this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2023, 08:44 AM

51,259 posts, read 24,711,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I really don't understand why people try to apply logic to things that are illogical. And, just because we have logic to rationally explain things, doesn't mean we know all the logic that may exist.

I don't believe the logic of this world applies to things that are not of this world.
What exactly are "things that are not of this world". If you are a christian, did god not create the world? Did Jesus not live in the world?

Old 09-20-2023, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What exactly are "things that are not of this world". If you are a christian, did god not create the world? Did Jesus not live in the world?
The physical vs spiritual world is what I meant. I don't think it's applicable to apply the logic known of our physical world to the unknown of the spiritual world.

For example, for people who ask "Where is Heaven?", I would reply, "Why do you think Heaven has a defined place?" It very well could be that Heaven is and has a defined place, but it can very well be that Heaven does not have a defined place. This is hard for us human to imagine, because everything we know in the physical world has its defined place. San Francisco only exists in California. San Francisco doesn't move around or also appear to exist in Germany, for example. It has a fixed place where it exists. But, who are we to say that's the case of Heaven, or any other spiritual thing unknown to us? That's why I think using our logic of the physical world on the unknown is futile, and may be holding us back in finding potential answers to the questions we ask about what we don't yet know, even questions not necessarily about the spiritual world, but the physical world.

Old 09-20-2023, 03:43 PM

Quote:
The physical vs spiritual world is what I meant. I don't think it's applicable to apply the logic known of our physical world to the unknown of the spiritual world.

For example, for people who ask "Where is Heaven?", I would reply, "Why do you think Heaven has a defined place?" It very well could be that Heaven is and has a defined place, but it can very well be that Heaven does not have a defined place. This is hard for us human to imagine, because everything we know in the physical world has its defined place. San Francisco only exists in California. San Francisco doesn't move around or also appear to exist in Germany, for example. It has a fixed place where it exists. But, who are we to say that's the case of Heaven, or any other spiritual thing unknown to us? That's why I think using our logic of the physical world on the unknown is futile, and may be holding us back in finding potential answers to the questions we ask about what we don't yet know, even questions not necessarily about the spiritual world, but the physical world.
So in other words, you know almost nothing about heaven.

Why do "you" (royal you) make so many firm judgements about something they really know almost nothing about?

Old 09-20-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So in other words, you know almost nothing about heaven.

Why do "you" (royal you) make so many firm judgements about something they really know almost nothing about?
What?

Old 09-21-2023, 10:00 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,720,707 times
And the stupor of death will come in truth: "This is what you have been avoiding!"
And the Trumpet will be blown - that will be the Day whereof warning (had been given) (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).
And every person will come forth along with an (angel) to drive (him) and an (angel) to bear witness.
"Indeed you were heedless of this. Now We have removed from you your covering, and sharp is your sight this Day!"
And his companion (angel) will say: "Here is (this Record) ready with me!"
(Allah will say to the angels): "Both of you throw into Hell every stubborn disbeliever (in the Oneness of Allah, in His Messengers).

Old 09-22-2023, 02:39 AM

110 posts, read 29,335 times
Quote:

But didn't you just applied the logic of the physical world just now?

Old 09-22-2023, 10:57 AM

23,307 posts, read 10,611,985 times
Quote:

Your right.

Logic is where you and your wife sell your house, business and all you own to become homeless after you give all you own to the widows and orphans of Jerusalem.

A husband and wife did just that, but they held back a small amount of money for emergency, and that's logic.

Both lay dead in the threshold because of their logic, and they really deserve an award for being the dumbest people who ever lived.

So stupid that one has to laugh, they had just inherited the world and become 2 of the most wealthiest people who ever lived and they tossed it all away.

Logic has no place in the mind of a true believer.

The world is a veil pulled over our eyes to bind us as if in chains locked away in a cell we cant break out of.

Those disciples and people who gave up everything inherited everything, the world was theirs, all the gold, all the horses, everything.

Old 10-16-2023, 08:21 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,720,707 times
Does man think that he will be left neglected (without being punished or rewarded for the obligatory duties enjoined by his Lord Allah on him)?
Was he not a Nutfah (mixed male and female sexual discharge) of semen emitted (poured forth)?
Then he became an 'Alaqah (a clot); then (Allah) shaped and fashioned (him) in due proportion.
And made of him two sexes, male and female.
Is not He (Allah Who does that) Able to give life to the dead? (Yes! He is Able to do all things).

Old 10-16-2023, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Does man think that he will be left neglected (without being punished or rewarded for the obligatory duties enjoined by his Lord Allah on him)?
Was he not a Nutfah (mixed male and female sexual discharge) of semen emitted (poured forth)?
Then he became an 'Alaqah (a clot); then (Allah) shaped and fashioned (him) in due proportion.
And made of him two sexes, male and female.
Is not He (Allah Who does that) Able to give life to the dead? (Yes! He is Able to do all things).
Clearly, we are being punished...by having all these posts of yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality