Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 06:10 PM

19,800 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

I read an interesting theory about life after death in a novel, https://www.goodreads.com/sv/book/show/24984. This theory as presented in the novel actually makes sense to me and goes something like this:

The brain survives for about six minutes after the rest of the body dies*. In that six minutes, the brain often does not accept what is happening to the body and it goes into some kind of survival mode, and it conjures up thoughts, feelings, pictures of whatever the person expects to encounter after death; and that is why different people have different accounts of their NDEs -- why a Christian might see a vision of Jesus, a Catholic might see a vision of Mary, an atheist might not even have an NDE and therefore would not experience anything, and those who want to be reunited with their deceased loved ones might "see" those people. (The whole "tunnel of light" might be due to a physiological cause.) Also explored is the idea that time loses its "linearity" (if there is such a word) so that one minute of time as we know it might seem like hours -- or maybe even -- my own thought -- even days or even years??

*Of course, if a brain dies before or at the same time as the body dies, due to some kind of major "crush" injury, for example, there would be no NDE. Also note that I do not know how long a brain can live after body death, but that is what the writer of the novel claimed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2023, 06:18 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is the process Jesus unsuccessfully tried to communicate to Nicodemus and our carnal-minded ancestors resulting in the need to use the "carnal milk" of physical resurrection. It is not at all surprising since our developing "embryo Spirits" are as separated from the spiritual Reality as our physical embryos were from our physical Reality. This undoubtedly accounts for the retention of the "carnal milk" of physical resurrection for over two millennia and counting. I will admit that as an atheist, I certainly would never have accepted such spiritual nonsense but for my encounters in deep meditation!
If you experienced God during mediation, then why are you constantly talking about Jesus? Why do you care about his opinions on religious matters? You have had direct contact with God, so why not rely on that alone?

Old 09-04-2023, 06:48 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
You kids are all way over my head here. Really, why does it matter? It is, or isn’t, what it is. Knock yourselves out analyzing it. In the end it doesn’t matter.

Old 09-04-2023, 06:57 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You kids are all way over my head here. Really, why does it matter? It is, or isn’t, what it is. Knock yourselves out analyzing it. In the end it doesn’t matter.
insightful comment.
Thank you gentle

in looking at the thread title again, my observation is that it is inaccurate and incorrect to say "life after death is "impossible" when it can not be documented or proven one way or another.

Old 09-04-2023, 07:02 PM

11,411 posts, read 5,960,793 times
The author's argument is based on an assumed premise that may well be false. Everything he said pertains to the mind as supported by the physical brain. We know nothing of the non-physical universe, so making that leap to an assumption that only the physical can support thought and being, is a potentially false assumption.

This would be like me seeing only fish-based aquatic life in the ocean and saying that land-based life is impossible since all life I observe requires water and the ability to extract oxygen from water. Since land is dry, it is "impossible" for life to exist on land since there is no salt water from which to extract oxygen.

His is an absurd premise that presumes that the physical world is a be-all and end-all. We simply don't know that.

Science does not even have the tools to test the existence of a non-physical universe. In that regard, it is circular logic -- "since we can only observe what is physical, we conclude there is nothing that is non-physical".

It is patently absurd. It is a wildly speculative premise.

Old 09-04-2023, 07:13 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The author's argument is based on an assumed premise that may well be false. Everything he said pertains to the mind as supported by the physical brain. We know nothing of the non-physical universe, so making that leap to an assumption that only the physical can support thought and being, is a potentially false assumption.

This would be like me seeing only fish-based aquatic life in the ocean and saying that land-based life is impossible since all life I observe requires water and the ability to extract oxygen from water. Since land is dry, it is "impossible" for life to exist on land since there is no salt water from which to extract oxygen.

His is an absurd premise that presumes that the physical world is a be-all and end-all. We simply don't know that.

Science does not even have the tools to test the existence of a non-physical universe. In that regard, it is circular logic -- "since we can only observe what is physical, we conclude there is nothing that is non-physical".

It is patently absurd. It is a wildly speculative premise.
great post, and i totally agree.
replete with flawed premises across the board.

Old 09-04-2023, 07:42 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I think analogies (properly selected) can illuminate things that are otherwise difficult to comprehend. Our existence as Spirits is not easy to comprehend since we are totally conditioned to see ourselves as physical beings. My encounters in deep meditation convinced me that this material Reality is NOT the actual Reality (which is spiritual). Of course that runs counter to our entire experience as physical beings so comprehension of it is beyond our ken. It is why I had to spend so much time and effort over decades to convince my intellect that it was indeed compatible with what we have learned through science.

I believe an analogy to our physical conception and the birth of our body and brain CAN be understood IF we see it as the meeting of our "spiritual ovum" and God's Spirit (spiritual "insemination"). The spiritual "fetus" is our human spirit that develops from this merging (what we think of as our consciousness). Our developing "character" is our "spiritual body" developing in this spiritual "womb existence" that we consider our material Reality.

This is the process Jesus unsuccessfully tried to communicate to Nicodemus and our carnal-minded ancestors resulting in the need to use the "carnal milk" of physical resurrection. It is not at all surprising since our developing "embryo Spirits" are as separated from the spiritual Reality as our physical embryos were from our physical Reality. This undoubtedly accounts for the retention of the "carnal milk" of physical resurrection for over two millennia and counting. I will admit that as an atheist, I certainly would never have accepted such spiritual nonsense but for my encounters in deep meditation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
If you experienced God during mediation, then why are you constantly talking about Jesus? Why do you care about his opinions on religious matters? You have had direct contact with God, so why not rely on that alone?
Because I DID the interpretive work to extract the persona of Jesus ("mind of Christ") from the narrative and it EXACTLY matched the consciousness I encountered That was significant to me and I sought to discern any possible relevance for it. The ultimate result has been my Synthesis and reinterpretation of the Christian narrative as it pertains to our relationship with God. It resonates with me! YMMV.

Old 09-04-2023, 08:51 PM

529 posts, read 181,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
This article is going back to 2012 but it only just now appeared on my online newsfeed. Did anyone see this?

I'm a theoretical physicist, here's why life after death is impossible

It's an age-old question - what happens to your mind and body after you die?

According to one US scientist - not much at all. In a recently resurfaced video from 2012, theoretical physicist Sean Carroll gave a talk on the matter.

The academic - an external professor at the Santa Fe Institute and Homewood Professor of Natural Philosophy at Johns Hopkins University - said that the 'the laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood'.

Because of this, once we stop existing as a physical being, Carroll explained, there is no material understanding of how we could continue to live in our world.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...e05220683&ei=7

Your thoughts?
Theoretical physicist do not take into account the concept of time or energy. All time is valid from the begining to the infinite end that loops into a never ending circle. We are already dead even though we haven't even been born yet. We are here, we are there, we are everywhere and nowhere simultaneously in a place that does not exist. We are Schroeder's cat, alive and dead at the same time! Your reality is nothing that you could have imagined, we got our life wrong for a trillion times before and a trillion times more to come.

I died twice and had my entire atoms scattered across this entire universe and for one blissful moment I was the universe too! Physicists concentrate on the molecular structure of primitive matter and their behaviors in line with the laws of nature but in my death I saw the true life force of being. These primitive electrical impulse of energy do not make up our true consciousness from our brain it is a spiritual force of life that compliments and contradicts the Laws of Nature they believe exist.

I died and all this was shown to me the 3 billion years I was gone from your world which occured in the time of a blink of an eye. When I died my brain function ceased to work and yet my consciousness continued on indefinitely beyond time itself!

They have no idea what true reality is, they actually think elders that died thousands of years ago are long dead, but they are still alive. There are far more scarier things to consider when you note that we come from recycled matter from the Earth.

Matter can not be created or destroyed it just recycles itself and the people that were here before us are part of our being, we are the remnants of recycled matter of people that died many years before and yet are still alive in their time dimension.

(A)(B) = (A)----------(B) where - = 10 million light years

---------- linear time 2 dimensional
o==========o 3 dimensional loop

I just gave you the formula for existence that solves the missing link from the micro verse to the macro verse we think we live in. It's very frustrating living in your world but I'm as already left even though I haven't arrived here yet.

Why did revelation 22-13 talk in code? I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

It is the reference to the paradox of time. It doesn't exist and yet it is there in a never ending loop from the point of singularity. Sorry I'm talking in mysterious code and non sensical jargon but this is what was shown to me when I died. I wanted to cease to exist, but was shown the entire universe, the connection we all have with one another and the untainted pure being of unconditional love that awaits us when we evolve out of our cocoon of primitive life we think we are living now. It's just so frustrating to see how bad physicists can get theoretics so wrong, thanks for letting me vent. Wow this was the first time and the trillionth time I wrote this article to this site in alternate looping time. We still keep getting something wrong. Oh well, Blessed Be and love you! Hugs!!!

Old 09-05-2023, 03:08 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Theoretical physicist do not take into account the concept of time or energy. All time is valid from the begining to the infinite end that loops into a never ending circle. We are already dead even though we haven't even been born yet. We are here, we are there, we are everywhere and nowhere simultaneously in a place that does not exist. We are Schroeder's cat, alive and dead at the same time! Your reality is nothing that you could have imagined, we got our life wrong for a trillion times before and a trillion times more to come.

I died twice and had my entire atoms scattered across this entire universe and for one blissful moment I was the universe too! Physicists concentrate on the molecular structure of primitive matter and their behaviors in line with the laws of nature but in my death I saw the true life force of being. These primitive electrical impulse of energy do not make up our true consciousness from our brain it is a spiritual force of life that compliments and contradicts the Laws of Nature they believe exist.

I died and all this was shown to me the 3 billion years I was gone from your world which occured in the time of a blink of an eye. When I died my brain function ceased to work and yet my consciousness continued on indefinitely beyond time itself!

They have no idea what true reality is, they actually think elders that died thousands of years ago are long dead, but they are still alive. There are far more scarier things to consider when you note that we come from recycled matter from the Earth.

Matter can not be created or destroyed it just recycles itself and the people that were here before us are part of our being, we are the remnants of recycled matter of people that died many years before and yet are still alive in their time dimension.

(A)(B) = (A)----------(B) where - = 10 million light years

---------- linear time 2 dimensional
o==========o 3 dimensional loop

I just gave you the formula for existence that solves the missing link from the micro verse to the macro verse we think we live in. It's very frustrating living in your world but I'm as already left even though I haven't arrived here yet.

Why did revelation 22-13 talk in code? I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

It is the reference to the paradox of time. It doesn't exist and yet it is there in a never ending loop from the point of singularity. Sorry I'm talking in mysterious code and non sensical jargon but this is what was shown to me when I died. I wanted to cease to exist, but was shown the entire universe, the connection we all have with one another and the untainted pure being of unconditional love that awaits us when we evolve out of our cocoon of primitive life we think we are living now. It's just so frustrating to see how bad physicists can get theoretics so wrong, thanks for letting me vent. Wow this was the first time and the trillionth time I wrote this article to this site in alternate looping time. We still keep getting something wrong. Oh well, Blessed Be and love you! Hugs!!!
TL;DR:
Sequential linear time bound, partially furred, variously garbed, electrically powered, water filled, gas processing, food cooking, meat bags inhabited by a nondimensional sentient and sapient consciousness tend to forget their intrinsic nature - that there is only Now (in a non-sequential, timeless, sense), and that ultimately, there is only the one source, of which we're fractal shards. That out of loneliness did the one become the many, and only wants its children to "play nice."

Strive to be the kind of person you would enjoy spending eternity with, otherwise you may become a person that’s hell to be around.

Old 09-05-2023, 04:33 AM

16,761 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
I wonder how someone can be an actual physicist but somehow not aware of a basic premise that energy cannot die, only change form?
Who said he was not aware of the basic premise that energy cannot die, only change form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
And the "our world" phrasing indicates serious lack of awareness of teachings of various "world" religions.
Other world religions do not talk about "our world"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality