Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 04:42 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

I have always been interested in others beliefs, I find it fascinating as to the different ways that we believe in a Creator and the different ways that we worship or don't worship, I find it interesting that those that profess to be atheists at one time did believe in something and for some reason or other decided to turn away from the belief that they were exposed to, now I'm not saying that that's neither right nor wrong and it is their choice and that's the way it should be, no one should be forced to believe one way or the other and no one's belief should be forced upon another. I believe that the more we learn about others and the way they believe and the way they worship, the more choices that we have to decide which is the right way for us as an individual. I also believe that all religions and cultures have a basic belief and that is the belief in a Creator and I also believe that the Creator is the same for all of us, we just call him/her by different names and worship him/her in different ways, but deep down inside at its very core it's all the same.osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 04:49 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impplant View Post
Good afternoon, Moonsavvy, I've meant to come back to you and the Toltecs, but cannot find the National Geographics mag from which to quote. In about 1992 or so archaeologists would find two huge stone monuments depicting two people facing each other. What I do remember clearly however is that it was stated the scientists were entirely at a loss as to the meaning of this. Back then, the thought would run through my mind that they should probably ask the Shaman .... Anyone knowing better by now?

I have met many people in the "esoteric circles" talking about a necessary cleansing of our Earth, but hardly ever willing to let this kind of talk become a clear picture. What about our memories, individually and collectively? What do we really know about ourselves?

Working the nightshifts, diligently. Peace and Love to you and all.

By cleansing I simply mean that we will cleanse ourselves of the ego. I believe we will keep all of our memories, personality and such but we will be more united in spirit rather than divided.

The sacred circle is a very good example of how we can be.

Blessings and Love back to you

Old 09-14-2008, 07:26 AM

414 posts, read 777,235 times
Thumbs up sounding off silence

Will shut up, not down ...
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48eL5Zmb1go&feature=related

Thanks.

Last edited by lwowl; 09-14-2008 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: had typed it correctly, but imp's omitting f:feature!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:28 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Very nice, immplant. Loved the music.

YouTube - A Moment of Relaxation - Music DEUTER - Earth Blue

Last edited by _redbird_; 09-14-2008 at 11:46 AM..

Old 09-14-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Yeah. With kind(red) regards to Royalty!

Old 09-14-2008, 05:58 PM

YouTube - * ~ Native American Flute - Wind Walker ~ *

I have always found this very relaxing and spiritual.osay

Old 09-14-2008, 06:31 PM

947 posts, read 3,140,637 times
^^great posts. I never new these were on youtube.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:36 PM

I come and sit in silence, to listen and learn, and know that all that have entered into the sacred circle has much wisdom to offer to all. I sit and learn and listened with respect to others and to honor those who sit among me and I am humbled by your presence, may the Creator of us all look over this honored gathering.osay

Old 09-16-2008, 02:07 PM

Default Longing and Belonging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I come and sit in silence, to listen and learn, and know that all that have entered into the sacred circle has much wisdom to offer to all. I sit and learn and listened with respect to others and to honor those who sit among me and I am humbled by your presence, may the Creator of us all look over this honored gathering.osay
ptsum, I just watched TV featuring "Wild Appalachians - Mountains of the Cherokee": despite much reading, it's only now I find REAL answers to this quest of the heart. Need not say much more, except that I'm slowly slowly finding a way home, understanding a calling that's never going to cease.
Not to worry, it's gonna last longer than this lifetime!
Back to silence ....

Old 09-19-2008, 11:52 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Pt, did you know you have a twin on these boards? He is also Tsalagi. Any relation to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality