Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 05:22 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
To change the subject, can I hear from others what animal spirits they have an affinity for and why?

I have always liked to refer to the dragonfly as my elder brother. Because they have been found in the fossils and have been on this earth for a very long time.

I like the jaguar for it is a powerful warrior spirit.

Does anyone else want to come forward and share their animal friends and why they like them?

We have always looked to mother nature for our teachings and animals have always played a part in our legends. Hope to hear more from around the sacred circle.
Dragonflies are cool! We have a lot of them around here. I even have a picture of one, on my cell phone. I took the picture when it landed on the end of my fishing pole, this past spring. He sat there for the longest time, and I didn't move the pole, until he finally flew away. He was a beautiful red color, which I don't see often. Normally, they are blue or green.

I've always liked the bear, and the hummingbird, even as a child. They have always fascinated me. The bear has great medicine, and great strength, and he takes his strength from his solitude. He does not rely on others, except the Creator. The hummingbird is a symbol of joy, and a messenger to, and from the Creator. My daughter gave me a painting, for Christmas, that she had painted for me, that I treasure dearly. It shows a young bear cub, and a hummingbird. On the back, she titled it, "Advise to a young spirit guide", meaning that the hummingbird is giving the Creator's teachings to the cub, as he will become a guide, a teacher to someone else.

Someday, I would like to get some tattoos. I would like the bear, the hummingbird, and a Celtic symbol, (though I haven't chosen a specific one, yet).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 05:44 PM

414 posts, read 777,235 times
Lightbulb While you may be in some sweet slumber still ...

Yes, big hugs and welcome back, ptsum, and to all. I'm smiling to myself thinking I'm ahead of the rising sun crossing the Atlantic ever so smoothly and like a gentle summer breeze. Remember Smooth Operator? Could the webmaster perhaps provide a greater variety of smilies? For me the one that's riding on a broom....

Old 09-09-2008, 05:59 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,016 times
I lived out in the Texas hill country for about a year when I was 5. Wandering about in the woods quickly became my favorite pastime. Once you experience the clear skies and fresh air it's hard to ever go back to the city.

Have you ever experienced a 'perfect moment in time'?

Once when I was sitting in the woods (age 5) there was a web sprinkled with dew on a cool fall morning. As the sun shone though it and the full spectrum of colors were revealed an inchworm worked his way to the top of a stump and then stopped and seemed to stare along with me at the awesome beauty before us. Time stood still.

I think of the patience of the inchworm. There's no rush - just inch by inch it patiently reaches it's goal.

It's seems like I spent the rest of my life trying to return to the place I spent that one year as a child. My wife preferred the city but finally said "it will be worth it to have a husband who is at peace". Well, we've been out here since '99 and guess who has to have some major reason to EVER go back into town? It's her!!! Now she's hooked too.

At night you can close your eyes and hear the leaves touching the ground as they fall...

Old 09-09-2008, 07:46 PM

Default Anima(L)s 4 Animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Dragonflies are cool! We have a lot of them around here. I even have a picture of one, on my cell phone. I took the picture when it landed on the end of my fishing pole, this past spring. He sat there for the longest time, and I didn't move the pole, until he finally flew away. He was a beautiful red color, which I don't see often. Normally, they are blue or green.

I've always liked the bear, and the hummingbird, even as a child. They have always fascinated me. The bear has great medicine, and great strength, and he takes his strength from his solitude. He does not rely on others, except the Creator. The hummingbird is a symbol of joy, and a messenger to, and from the Creator. My daughter gave me a painting, for Christmas, that she had painted for me, that I treasure dearly. It shows a young bear cub, and a hummingbird. On the back, she titled it, "Advise to a young spirit guide", meaning that the hummingbird is giving the Creator's teachings to the cub, as he will become a guide, a teacher to someone else.

Someday, I would like to get some tattoos. I would like the bear, the hummingbird, and a Celtic symbol, (though I haven't chosen a specific one, yet).
CelticLady1 and Redbird, do you know the Medicine Cards by David Carson and Jamie Sams? Since I used to be an imp and not much more (before the Little Lightning ...), I didn't have a clue what a different dimension a book like this could and would send me into, and what adventure this would turn out to be.
Many of these Animals are not indigenous to this hemisphere, like Hummingbird or Snake, or Buffalo, Mountain Lion, Jaguar ... But others are:
Dog, Cat (my babies), Deer, Rabbit, Mouse, Butterfly (rare this summer) and Dragonfly (saw only one so far). But Great Spirit has ways to make sure you get their messages - and wow do they ever come as a surprise! That keeps you awake and aware 24/7, big silence or not. Then, there's "my infallible intelligence", anytime, anywhere: Raven and Crow! And my two special ones, Squirrel and Hedgehog. Spiders giving me "a whale of a time" ....

In general, I've found Animals to show us humans how they want and are to be loved, and that we ignore our Creator's workforce to our own detriment. So, although I still carry traits of fear, anger, impatience around with me, it's them responding to and corresponding with gentle and tender vibes any human cares to (re-)discover within their Hearts.

Have a Hummingbird coming your way today, peace and love to all!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impplant View Post
In general, I've found Animals to show us humans how they want and are to be loved, and that we ignore our Creator's workforce to our own detriment. So, although I still carry traits of fear, anger, impatience around with me, it's them responding to and corresponding with gentle and tender vibes any human cares to (re-)discover within their Hearts.

Wow, those are my trademarks, ANGER , fear , and super impatient!!!! That's me in a nutshell. I wonder what kind of animals represent those traits???

ptsum, the referral I sent to you this time is a new one. Seems I am drumming up while you are on the road. But I don't feel I have the wisdom to answer people's questions, so you are duly elected as counselor. (light tap on each shoulder with an oak branch.)

So, Counselor Black Hawk, I think that albino redtail hawk is a very awesome symbol. Amazing. I also commune well with trees. Always have. I even learned a song once on a sacred mountain here in Oklahoma. The song came from the placement of the trees. I almost forgot about that song.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:53 AM

Default oh my ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Wow, those are my trademarks, ANGER , fear , and super impatient!!!! That's me in a nutshell. I wonder what kind of animals represent those traits???

ptsum, the referral I sent to you this time is a new one. Seems I am drumming up while you are on the road. But I don't feel I have the wisdom to answer people's questions, so you are duly elected as counselor. (light tap on each shoulder with an oak branch.)

So, Counselor Black Hawk, I think that albino redtail hawk is a very awesome symbol. Amazing. I also commune well with trees. Always have. I even learned a song once on a sacred mountain here in Oklahoma. The song came from the placement of the trees. I almost forgot about that song.

You're not kidding, Redbird, are you? Can relate to that nutshell, somehow. Have we met before, somewhere? Saw a star in formation in someone's left eye, some 2 hours or so ago. I treasure a friendship with a White Hawk living in OK. Very awesome, indeed I never use the word amazing without a grace (superlink? - not the academic stuff, huh?) Pat on the back, as old friends do... Peace and love to you all.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:06 AM

Default Time stood still

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I lived out in the Texas hill country for about a year when I was 5. Wandering about in the woods quickly became my favorite pastime. Once you experience the clear skies and fresh air it's hard to ever go back to the city.

Have you ever experienced a 'perfect moment in time'?

Once when I was sitting in the woods (age 5) there was a web sprinkled with dew on a cool fall morning. As the sun shone though it and the full spectrum of colors were revealed an inchworm worked his way to the top of a stump and then stopped and seemed to stare along with me at the awesome beauty before us. Time stood still.

I think of the patience of the inchworm. There's no rush - just inch by inch it patiently reaches it's goal.

It's seems like I spent the rest of my life trying to return to the place I spent that one year as a child. My wife preferred the city but finally said "it will be worth it to have a husband who is at peace". Well, we've been out here since '99 and guess who has to have some major reason to EVER go back into town? It's her!!! Now she's hooked too.

At night you can close your eyes and hear the leaves touching the ground as they fall...
Firstborn, you were able to do this as a child, and you're still beholding that perfection, even sharing it with a mate. That I call 'good luck', you know.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:53 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impplant View Post
Thank you, Impplant! May our Creator's blessings be abundant on you and yours!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:36 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Ptsum, It is good to see you back. Thank you for the kind words. It is good to be among people who are truly searching and are willing to consider the thoughts of others and can disagree without argument. I have been given much to think about here. Thank you all.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:21 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
It's interesting, here we are humans of different parts of the world, different beliefs and religions and cultures sitting together in our minds learning from one another, the commonality that we share is truly remarkable if one stops and thinks about it and yet it should not be surprising for we are all children of the same Creator, we have different names for him/her, we worship in different ways and yet they are very similar, we know right from wrong, we know how to treat people with respect and treat each other with respect, we are all part of a family of one kind or another and we all have the same desire to be loved, cared about, respected, and to be treated with kindness and equality. Maybe this is the way that all religious and political leaders should do things, sit down in a circle and talk, much can be learned by just listening and talking with one another with respect. I have learned much from all of you and this is what life is all about, to learn, the more we learn about one another the less fear we have, the less fear we have, the better we can get along in peace and harmony.osay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality