Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
What a treasure you are to these boards. I would love to learn more about your spiritual belief's as I'm sure many others do as well. I was about to embark on a spiritual journey some time back as you probably remember. Can you tell us exactly what a spiritual journey is, what to expect and why it is done? I'm fascinated by it. Thank you.
moonsavvy, I do remember. To try to put into words a spiritual journey,hmmm,wow, that's a very difficult thing to do, trying to put it into words, as you know each journey is different, no two are exactly the same because they are for the individual, you have to look within yourself, to explore your inner being to be able to take this journey, let go of all preconceived notions and be able to open your mind to the invisible forces of nature, of mother Earth and beyond and it is all within you. It is a journey of finding ones self, the true spirit within you, once you have taken this journey you will see life in a different perspective, you will see that every living thing is connected through the web of life and that we are just one single strand within that web. It can be frightening, exhilarating, exhausting, exciting and very liberating, but to try to put such a journey into words is almost impossible, there really are no words to describe it, you have to experience it to understand.osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impplant View Post
Oh, I like what I'm reading here now. Didn't want to start complaining. The "other culture" bothering and troubling me (mine) appears to leave neither time nor space for "picking each others' brains" rather than pockets. Can you even remotely fathom how much I have been missing a wholesome pastime like that? In tears, and walking on thin ice already ... Or have I missed it?
it is never too late, and we are never too old, to learn.osay

Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
moonsavvy, I do remember. To try to put into words a spiritual journey,hmmm,wow, that's a very difficult thing to do, trying to put it into words, as you know each journey is different, no two are exactly the same because they are for the individual, you have to look within yourself, to explore your inner being to be able to take this journey, let go of all preconceived notions and be able to open your mind to the invisible forces of nature, of mother Earth and beyond and it is all within you. It is a journey of finding ones self, the true spirit within you, once you have taken this journey you will see life in a different perspective, you will see that every living thing is connected through the web of life and that we are just one single strand within that web. It can be frightening, exhilarating, exhausting, exciting and very liberating, but to try to put such a journey into words is almost impossible, there really are no words to describe it, you have to experience it to understand.osay

Thank you for your words.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:01 AM

414 posts, read 777,235 times
Default Director's Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
it is never too late, and we are never too old, to learn.osay
Thanks for the band aid. (Remember that TV commercial where a little boy says, "Where did my cut go?") Was just driving in the middle of an interstate.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:29 AM

414 posts, read 777,235 times
Thumbs up Your Journey

MOONSAVVY, dear friend,[color="Plum"]have a great journey and remember we can always meet at the train station. /COLOR]

Old 09-26-2008, 03:22 PM

Great Spirit Grandfather, hear my words for wisdom, so that I may open my ears and hear all that is good around me. For I am humbled before you. I seek the strength to continue on this path that I travel on before you in a most sacred manner. Hear my words for they are words that come from the heart, soul and mind, and are filled with wisdom, knowledge and understanding. My words are for you to know and understand that in the most sacred manner I honor and respect the life you have put before me. I seek the strength to forever continue upon this Sacred Path. osay

Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
May I ask my feiends here to say prayers and send good thoughts to my granddaughter in law..This evening as we were beginning to have a baby shower for her she went into premature labor and was taken to the hospital The little baby boy is not due until November 17..She has been given meds to stop the labor and to keep her very relaxed...It has been a difficult pregnancy for her, but the baby is strong and healthy so far..Thank you my friends...

Old 09-27-2008, 06:03 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Blue, I will definitely say a prayer (or two) for your granddaughter-in-law and her baby. Keep us posted, okay?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
May I ask my feiends here to say prayers and send good thoughts to my granddaughter in law..This evening as we were beginning to have a baby shower for her she went into premature labor and was taken to the hospital The little baby boy is not due until November 17..She has been given meds to stop the labor and to keep her very relaxed...It has been a difficult pregnancy for her, but the baby is strong and healthy so far..Thank you my friends...
blue, dear friend, you granddaughter in law and the baby will be in our prayers. May the Creator look over them and protect them. Please keep us informed as to what is happening.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:35 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,707,148 times
I respectfuly ask permission to re-enter the sacred circle. Greetings everybody it's good to be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality