Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 07:32 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times

Advertisements

I rejoin my friends in the circle this morning to feel the peace, the love and harmony of understanding that is here among my friends..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I rejoin my friends in the circle this morning to feel the peace, the love and harmony of understanding that is here among my friends..

YouTube - Awesome God

Last edited by effie g-tad; 03-24-2009 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: ... and the sun did come out this afternoon!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:25 AM

4 posts, read 7,701 times
Thank you and I am off to read the links. Maybe we will meet at a pow-wow. Namaste

Old 03-24-2009, 11:12 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Good afternoon everyone !

I will just sit within the circle for a little while and gather my thoughts for a moment. Does this circle have a fire, it is a little chilly today and I always find a real fire relaxing and soothing...

Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Good afternoon everyone !

I will just sit within the circle for a little while and gather my thoughts for a moment. Does this circle have a fire, it is a little chilly today and I always find a real fire relaxing and soothing...
Sure the fire is in the center of the circle..To me its warmth and gentle soothing sounds helps me to relax..I think we also have a drummer and sometimes I imagine her on the other side of the fire and my heart is soothed by the quiet steady beat of the drum...The others know the symbolism of the fire and other things, I just enjoy the tolerance and friendship found here

Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
[quote=Miss Blue;8027388]Sure the fire is in the center of the circle..To me its warmth and gentle soothing sounds helps me to relax..I think we also have a drummer and sometimes I imagine her on the other side of the fire and my heart is soothed by the quiet steady beat of the drum...The others know the symbolism of the fire and other things, I just enjoy the tolerance and friendship found here[/QUOTE

Phew ! Thank goodness there is a fire.

A drummer sounds good,there is a hypnotic quality to Native Drumming especially around the world ( rock and roll drumming not so much ...) . All I need now is the sound of waves and I will be ready for a bit of "me" time...

I imagine this circle at dusk , it is just going dark, the sky is starlit and I am on a deserted beach somewhere on the NorthWest Pacific maybe, the sound of distant drums carried on the wind... Glowing embers , the smell of woodsmoke and marine scents... aaaaaaaaaaaaah..

Old 03-24-2009, 02:06 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
[quote=Mooseketeer;8027861]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Sure the fire is in the center of the circle..To me its warmth and gentle soothing sounds helps me to relax..I think we also have a drummer and sometimes I imagine her on the other side of the fire and my heart is soothed by the quiet steady beat of the drum...The others know the symbolism of the fire and other things, I just enjoy the tolerance and friendship found here[/QUOTE

Phew ! Thank goodness there is a fire.

A drummer sounds good,there is a hypnotic quality to Native Drumming especially around the world ( rock and roll drumming not so much ...) . All I need now is the sound of waves and I will be ready for a bit of "me" time...

I imagine this circle at dusk , it is just going dark, the sky is starlit and I am on a deserted beach somewhere on the NorthWest Pacific maybe, the sound of distant drums carried on the wind... Glowing embers , the smell of woodsmoke and marine scents... aaaaaaaaaaaaah..
There is always a fire within the sacred circle,smoke from the fire sends prayers to the Creator,it is the belief of native people that the smoke is the messengers of prayers and the drums are the heartbeat of Mother Earth. osay

YouTube - Native American - Earth Drum

Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Mooseketeer,
For some reason I also see the circle after dark, the faces shadowed, the hypnotic leap and dance of the fire the focal point with it's constantly changing patterns. The muted drum reflecting the slow steady beating of my heart. Someone speaking a thought, or not, but the silence speaks volumes. At times someone will reach out to place a friendly hand on another's arm or hand in comfort or friendship. Close your eyes and listen closely, don't you hear the waves? It is enough to be in the company of friends who only wish to be. Peace to all.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:32 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Do you find it strange that for all the tobacco used in today's society, that no one feels or recognizes it's spirit?

Today I had a moment in the warmth of the spring sun with a smoke and a period of prayer and waiting on the spirit. It was the first smoke of spring and the last since the Winter solstice. I missed the spring equinox and felt today, with it's warm sun, the red bud and the dogwood blooming past the field by the creek, and the cardinals singing their love songs that it was a good time to give thanks..........life is a joy to be cherished.............

Nvwatohiyadv

Last edited by Goodpasture; 03-24-2009 at 02:51 PM..

Old 03-24-2009, 03:38 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,439,354 times
After a long time and long journeys through the depths of life and it's challenges, I come to the circle to say hi, and send love and light to all my dear friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality