Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2020, 10:22 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahayana View Post
You must be psychic to misjudge so much from so few words.
Why do you have such a low opinion of psychics? Have you had bad experiences with psychics in the past?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 08:12 AM

1,425 posts, read 1,030,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Why do you have such a low opinion of psychics? Have you had bad experiences with psychics in the past?
Could not find a sarcastic smilie, so instead of writing my low opinion of sectarian Xtians (or anyone) who is careless or cursory when investigating a subject they know nothing about - I picked "psychic". They often prefer their psychic impressions over digging for the truth of a matter.

Old 11-06-2020, 08:30 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,176,231 times
Quote:
You must be psychic to misjudge so much from so few words.
If you mean https://biblehub.com/greek/5591.htm , then 99% of Christian world is 'psychic'.

Old 11-06-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
If you mean https://biblehub.com/greek/5591.htm , then 99% of Christian world is 'psychic'.
I was only using it in the modern fashion, but thanks for reminding us of how it was used long ago - as James put it.
Of course that 'devilish' mind is not confined to Xitans, but all of us use it most of the time.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I was only using it in the modern fashion, but thanks for reminding us of how it was used long ago - as James put it.
Of course that 'devilish' mind is not confined to Xitans, but all of us use it most of the time.
According to Paul and Valentinians (and Jesus) psychic is transitional state that ultimately can go either materialistic or enlightened way, but mostly stuck on consuming biblical milk. It is the same in Islam, for example.

Old 11-06-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
According to Paul and Valentinians (and Jesus) psychic is transitional state that ultimately can go either materialistic or enlightened way, but mostly stuck on consuming biblical milk. It is the same in Islam, for example.
Correct, as Blavatsky pointed out more than once, our mind (Manas in Skt.) has a lower & higher aspect. It is up to us to foster the latter not the former.

Quote:
Theosophy and Jesuitism are the two opposite poles, one far
above, the other far below even that stagnant marsh. Both offer power—
one to the spiritual, the other to the psychic and intellectual Ego in man.
The former is “the wisdom that is from above. . . first pure, then
peaceable, gentle . . . . . full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality,
and without hypocrisy,†while the latter is the “wisdom [that] descendeth
not from above, but is earthly, sensual, DEVILISH.â€* One is the power of
Light, the other that of Darkness. . . .
*James 3:15,17

Old 11-06-2020, 10:40 AM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:

Old 11-06-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Correct, as Blavatsky pointed out more than once, our mind (Manas in Skt.) has a lower & higher aspect. It is up to us to foster the latter not the former.

*James 3:15,17
What turn me into Gnostic way was Anthroposophy and somewhat Theosophy.

Old 11-06-2020, 05:01 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
What turn me into Gnostic way was Anthroposophy and somewhat Theosophy.
I was looking that up. I used images. yeah, we don't see most of the "stuff" around us. If we could see everything, and lets just use only photons, we couldn't see each other from 2 feet away.

Its almost unbelievable when I think about it, if I didn't know better, I wouldn't believe me either.

Old 11-06-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I was looking that up. I used images. yeah, we don't see most of the "stuff" around us. If we could see everything, and lets just use only photons, we couldn't see each other from 2 feet away.

Its almost unbelievable when I think about it, if I didn't know better, I wouldn't believe me either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5G83pOyEOI
Good book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality