Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2020, 02:14 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
in that "analogy"you are the one saying you don't believe in wheels when you say you don't believe in god, spirit, soul, divinity, theosophy, holy texts, anything sacred. since you say they don't exist and are not required, then you don't go anywhere on the spiritual journey. you are the parked car with no wheels going nowhere. you have no interest in moving with regards to the journey that is known as Self-Realization (the sacred variety, not the secular). You actually have the wheels but deny they exist and therefore they are dormant, not used, going nowhere.

that is your choice. every person has free choice.
it is not reliable to say that tens of thousands of years of sages and mystics and masters showing us the way are "unreliable." It is reliable to learn from them and follow the path and map these subject matter experts have left for us and given us. to summarize: what they say makes more sense and is more reliable, logical, and rational than what you say. with regards to progress on the spiritual journey. they are familiar with the landscape as they have travelled that terrain. your posts indicate you are not, when you (a) deny the landscape exists and (b) have not travelled that terrain.
I totally disagree with you. I say, my spiritual journey is a journey through the universe as it is. My journey is based on wheels being wheels. We can have all kinds of wheels, rims, and vehicles that take us through actual "roads to redemption."

Your journey puts square wheels on boats and then tells me I am narrow minded.

It is very reliable to place sages exactly where I placed them. You are not honoring them as they are. very insightful men, connected to their surroundings in a meaningful way. They described that relationship and their place with a degree of accuracy that most us of couldn't do. Or even dream to do.

You dishonor them by saying they would be so incomplete having the information we have today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 04:04 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
You dishonor them by saying they would be so incomplete having the information we have today.
I have no idea what this is referring to. What are you talking about?
It does not represent anything i have said, or posted, or believe.

Old 11-09-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what this is referring to. What are you talking about?
It does not represent anything i have said, or posted, or believe.
it represents everything you say actually. To think they would have come to the same conclusions with today's information is selling them out.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 11-09-2020 at 04:59 PM..

Old 11-09-2020, 04:59 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,027,721 times
Quote:
it represents everything you say actually. To think they would have come to the same conclusions with today's information is sell them out.
You two could take your argument to another thread. It is Off-Topic.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:26 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
it represents everything you say actually. To think they would have come to the same conclusions with today's information is selling them out.
Mahayana makes a good point.
Discuss Theosophy or it is off topic.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:06 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahayana View Post
If I had a fixed & static worldview, which I do not, I would not bother to share it. What is the view of one person among 7 billion?

Suggest you continue to examine & research 'life's big questions' in order to modify or not, your present worldview.
Again, your vague, evasive response conveys the fragile, defensive posture of someone with not much confidence in their own worldview. Seems I read you right the first time.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:27 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,027,721 times
Quote:
Impersonality means just one thing — not living in the personality. But here many will exclaim: "Where then shall I live?My personal consciousness is the only part of me I know andunderstand!" The answer is very simple: By not living in the personality. By setting aside even for one day the desire to shine, to dominate, even at the expense of others, or to 'put across' one's own methods or opinions, something rare and unsuspected will open up in the nature — a spiritual center of peace and well-being. It is there. We do not need to search for it. All we need is to think and feel and act so that it is possible for it to function. One can make a beginning in any moment. Just setting aside the sense of superiority which leads us to ridicule or resent or disparage, even in thought; one effort to further the welfare of a friend before our own; a quiet sacrifice that a brother or sister may have a larger share — anything that one can find to do which will set aside the insistence of me and mine — these things will accumulate into the first push against the once closed door where waits the companionship of the Inner God.
Leoline L. Wright

Old 11-10-2020, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahayana View Post
Leoline L. Wright
try to be not me sometimes.

Old 11-10-2020, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Mahayana makes a good point.
Discuss Theosophy or it is off topic.
agreed.

Old 11-10-2020, 09:19 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,840 times
Is Theosophy to blame for the New Age movement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality