Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 04:00 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,891,999 times

Advertisements

Hello All -

I'd just like to ask for continued good thoughts & wishes througout my surgery recovery. Since last Friday, I've had my 3rd allergic reaction to an antibiotic which has left me with a rather nasty, itchy red rash all over my face. It can't really be treated, other than antihistimine to control itching, as, unfortunately, I'm allergic to most meds. I didn't have pain before at the surgery site, but today I do & during the past 2-days, I've had to sleep most of the day. I'm just spent, feel sick & exhausted. I'm supposed to have stitches removed on Friday, if all goes well & so far it really hasn't. I have to drive myself to the hospital, so please hold a good thought that my travels are safe.

I'd like to recover fully, as I need another foot surgery on the 20th, which I'll postpone if I'm not fully healed. Oy vey, already! Please hold me in your thoughts & those who can, please send some good, healing vibes my way. I can definitely use them. Oh, & if you have any of the lovely Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream, I could use some of that, too. I believe it was doctor's orders...

Holding good wishes for you all on the board, as well. Special prayers to all you wonderful Prayer Warriors! (Any news on that Ben & Jerry's?)
Thank you very much... VV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 04:01 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Default need sleep....zzzzzz

Hello, everyone. Please pray that my health return to a resonibly normal state. I think that if I could find some sort of normal sleep pattern, everything else would fall in line. I am afraid that the medicine that I take to counteract my disease keeps me awake at night. And one of the things that I need most to assist with my health issues is sleep. It's a never ending battle. The last time I was at my neurologist he said that I might need to start taking some sleep meds. I think that most of those require that you have a full 8 hours of sleep or you wake up groggy. Well, there is no such thing as a guaranteed 8 hours sleep in a mom's world!!! So please pray that I find a sleep pattern that will work. I have been trying to not take naps during the day so that I will sleep better at night, but here it is 6PM and I'm exhausted! Last night I was in bed by 8, but then awake from 10-1AM. Aaaaahhhhhh! Thanks everyone. It's great having you there.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:37 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Default Kitten and weather

I am sorry that both of you are so uncomfortable today. I will definitely include you in my prayers. Oh, almost forgot, Kitten I ate some Ben and Jerrys peanut butter ice cream for youWeather, you have probably already tried reading, camomile tea, and getting back up if you don't feel drowsey after ten minutes in bed, no caffeine or sugar? A nice weekend getaway alone in a motel room is what you need Love you girls, hang in.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:22 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightclan View Post
Update: we didn't get the house. But, maybe it's for the best--we may have been overextending ourselves a bit.) We did get another one which is much nicer (in so many ways) than any house we've ever owned; and which is more affordable than the one we originally wanted.

I did get one of the jobs--if it's still unfilled when I have a definite date for returning. The person who did my second interview, thought it would most likely still be available.

I also have a fair amount of self-employed work lined up as either a back-up, or as additional income.

Thanks for all your prayers, and know that I visit regularly and pray for all of you, as well.
Wrightclan, it sounds like God is watching over you! I know it is hard to see sometimes when we have our hearts set on something but then have to settle for something less than what we REALLY WANT, but He knows what is BEST and we just have to trust in that

Sounds like everything is going pretty well for you otherwise. You will remain in my prayers! Take it easy, relax and take a deep breath! And good luck

Old 06-06-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
Hello All -

I'd just like to ask for continued good thoughts & wishes througout my surgery recovery. Since last Friday, I've had my 3rd allergic reaction to an antibiotic which has left me with a rather nasty, itchy red rash all over my face. It can't really be treated, other than antihistimine to control itching, as, unfortunately, I'm allergic to most meds. I didn't have pain before at the surgery site, but today I do & during the past 2-days, I've had to sleep most of the day. I'm just spent, feel sick & exhausted. I'm supposed to have stitches removed on Friday, if all goes well & so far it really hasn't. I have to drive myself to the hospital, so please hold a good thought that my travels are safe.

I'd like to recover fully, as I need another foot surgery on the 20th, which I'll postpone if I'm not fully healed. Oy vey, already! Please hold me in your thoughts & those who can, please send some good, healing vibes my way. I can definitely use them. Oh, & if you have any of the lovely Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream, I could use some of that, too. I believe it was doctor's orders...

Holding good wishes for you all on the board, as well. Special prayers to all you wonderful Prayer Warriors! (Any news on that Ben & Jerry's?)
Thank you very much... VV
Well, it's not Ben and Jerry's however, I did just make some HOMEMADE peanut butter cup ice cream last night...would you like some?

All of my best wishes and prayers go out to you! Take care of yourself and CHIN UP! You'll be in fullrecovery in no time! Just keep the faith!

Old 06-06-2007, 09:40 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Default A bedtime prayer

Heavenly Father,

I lift up to you the CD forum family and ask that you hold them close in your arms. There are some new posters among us tonight that need you now more than ever. You know them Father. You know their hearts. You know their pain. I know, Father, that the Bible tells us to knock and the door shall be opened. I know, too, Father, that they are not knocking. Heck, it's more like they are writing grafitti on the walls. But, Father, I lift these lost souls up to you now and ask, Father, that if it is your will, to one of the believers on this forum the words to help lead them home. I truly do not understand why else they would come here, Father, unless the were seeking you. I pray that as we address these individuals that you give us the words to open their hearts. To at least let a little light in. Thank you, Father. I Jesus' Holy Name I pray. Amen

Old 06-06-2007, 10:53 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
anyone heard from Yorkie

Old 06-07-2007, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
anyone heard from Yorkie
The best I can tell you is to go to this thread which was started by Yorkie
I am ready to spread my wings!!!!!!

They are talking about her on there as well. If I remember reading correctly, I think she was/is having marital problems and trying to "Spread her wings". Check out the thread and you will see what I am talking about

Old 06-07-2007, 06:15 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
As far as we know, yorkie is still in Colorado looking for a place to relocate. She will be fine, because we are all still praying for her. She is a very determined and strong woman

Old 06-07-2007, 08:15 AM

190 posts, read 686,699 times
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted you to know You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I read everyone's prayer requests, and even if you don't hear from me, I haven't forgotten you.

To Jeweloflight - I have prayed that you would pass your nursing exams, and I'm so happy you did. We need good nurses who are compassionate and kind and have a heart for God.

To Shardaira - Young lady, you are in my prayers as well. You are a young mom and I pray God would open up new doors for you to walk through. Use the gift God has given you and you will be blessed. Hugs to your little ones.

To Kittenspurr - I do hope you are feeling much better today. I pray the Lord would continue to strenghten you. He is so faithful!

To Weatherologist - I know what it feels like not to have a good night's sleep and I pray the Lord will touch you with His peace. He says in His word that He gives sleep to those He loves. I also pray for your body to respond to His healing touch. I guess the best thing to do in the middle of the night when we can't sleep is to read the Word. Much love to you and your family.

To Wrightclan - I'm so happy for you and your family that God worked everything out according to His perfect plan for your life. I pray you will be happy in your new home. Have a blessed day!

To Yorkie - We are all thinking of you today and we are lifting you up in prayer. I pray you would allow God to be your husband and your provider. He will love you unconditionally and never let you down. Stay well and happy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality