Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 03:18 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
God Bless you, I'll say a prayer for you.
I'm not sure I want the kind of god you pray to answering any prayers about me. Jesus is nowhere near any of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2022, 03:22 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,148,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I'm not sure I want the kind of god you pray to answering any prayers about me. Jesus is nowhere near any of this.
He is the King of kings and Lord of lords. Prayer for ya.

Old 11-11-2022, 03:59 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,112,047 times
Quote:
I hoping for the massive RED WAVE myself. I'll never understand why anyone would want to follow a group like the democrat party who enslaved a entire race and then fought to keep slavery the way they did. And are still using them as vote slave, then never give them a thing to help them out after promising it to them. Very sad.
Come on, man. Quiet with the Dems as pro-slavery, Republican "Party of Lincoln" b.s. You well know, as everybody knows, that the 2 parties, Democratic and Republican, switched sides on the race issue in the last 50-60 years, esp after Nixon's "Southern Strategy" to pit White against Black and fire up the old Confederacy mentality. The Republican Party of today, esp wtih its election-denying, Trumpist, fascist anti-Black, anti-CRT, anty-gay, anti-Jew, anti-(non-White) immigrant, etc., etc., is about as far from Lincoln's GOP as one could imagine. If Lincoln himself were alive today, he most certainly would be a Democrat.

Old 11-11-2022, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Come on, man. Quiet with the Dems as pro-slavery, Republican "Party of Lincoln" b.s. You well know, as everybody knows, that the 2 parties, Democratic and Republican, switched sides on the race issue in the last 50-60 years, esp after Nixon's "Southern Strategy" to pit White against Black and fire up the old Confederacy mentality. The Republican Party of today, esp wtih its election-denying, Trumpist, fascist anti-Black, anti-CRT, anty-gay, anti-Jew, anti-(non-White) immigrant, etc., etc., is about as far from Lincoln's GOP as one could imagine. If Lincoln himself were alive today, he most certainly would be a Democrat.
Interesting how folk always assume that they would know what people in the past would do things, or think when they have never met them.
Oh and by the way, the only thing I AM against is Critical Racist Theory. We're all God's children and Jesus teaches to love the person but hate the sin.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
He is the King of kings and Lord of lords. Prayer for ya.
Jesus would want nothing to do with the GOP, though. There is no empathy, no compassion, no concern for the common man. It's just grifting and attacking minorities. I'm not religious, but it seems like a lot of Christians have no idea what their religion says they should be doing.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Interesting how folk always assume that they would know what people in the past would do things, or think when they have never met them.
Oh and by the way, the only thing I AM against is Critical Racist Theory. We're all God's children and Jesus teaches to love the person but hate the sin.
But you don't even know what CRT is. How can you be against something you are unable to even define? It's not even taught in schools, anyway. The only place you might find it is in framework of some college classes. But even then, it definitely doesn't teach what most conservatives seem to think it does- that all white people are racist.
So why don't you explain your objections to it in detail.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:33 AM

4,537 posts, read 5,112,047 times
Quote:
But you don't even know what CRT is. How can you be against something you are unable to even define? It's not even taught in schools, anyway. The only place you might find it is in framework of some college classes. But even then, it definitely doesn't teach what most conservatives seem to think it does- that all white people are racist.
Amen.

Old 11-12-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
It was attempted in our schools and a few around us. Teachers in the area did define its purpose and our teachers refused to teach it. Many know that it's taught in law colleges where they feel it needed to stay and not in K-12. As well as anything that has to do with sex Ed beyond standard biology standards. Our schools and it's teachers listen to the parents and the children's true needs to excel in life and college. We have wonderful teachers that understand that the family is the most important part of the students learning.

Old 11-12-2022, 07:07 PM

Quote:
It was attempted in our schools and a few around us. Teachers in the area did define its purpose and our teachers refused to teach it. Many know that it's taught in law colleges where they feel it needed to stay and not in K-12. As well as anything that has to do with sex Ed beyond standard biology standards. Our schools and it's teachers listen to the parents and the children's true needs to excel in life and college. We have wonderful teachers that understand that the family is the most important part of the students learning.
Can you name the schools or districts it was attempted in and how exactly it was attempted? Because I suspect the real story is a bunch of conservative parents perceived something non-CRT to be CRT and then hyperventilated about it.

Sex Ed classes were far more common 30-40 years ago than they are now, so I'm not sure what you're referencing.

Most parents aren't educators and have no business trying to be, just as people who aren't doctors have no business trying to be. This is Dunning-Kruger in full effect.

Old 11-12-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Can you name the schools or districts it was attempted in and how exactly it was attempted? Because I suspect the real story is a bunch of conservative parents perceived something non-CRT to be CRT and then hyperventilated about it.

Sex Ed classes were far more common 30-40 years ago than they are now, so I'm not sure what you're referencing.

Most parents aren't educators and have no business trying to be, just as people who aren't doctors have no business trying to be. This is Dunning-Kruger in full effect.
That's your take on things and no I'll not name the school district, we dont want any outside attempts in infecting our children with CRT viruses. So you can keep on with your ideas and I'll stay in my wonderful little country community where we carry guns, love God and family and support our police and school. Have a great day and may God Bless.

Last edited by EarthBound?; 11-12-2022 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio