Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,415 times

Advertisements

Welcome To NJ...

And so far as "bad" is concerned, according the state report cards given to school districts, East Windsor is not "bad" at all.

West Windsor's schools are highly competitive in nature. There is no doubting that a majority of their students do well. But if your child is under challenged in an urban school setting, the atmosphere at West Windsor might prove daunting.

Twin Rivers residents are part of the East Windsor School district. It's been my observation that unless a school district is truly a poor performer, it's usually the child that determines the quality of their own education. If your son is motivated, I am sure he will attain academic success wherever you choose to call your home.

Good luck in your search...for both a school, and a neighborhood that will be affordable.

Last edited by EW Mom; 05-09-2007 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: typo...too little coffee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 03:01 AM

3 posts, read 12,113 times
Default Kaw City Oklahoma

Hi is there anyone interested in purchasing a property by the Lake in Oklahoma?

Old 05-17-2007, 05:24 PM

4 posts, read 23,999 times
Plainsboro is part of the district but cheaper than WW in some areas and in taxes. Good luck.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,982 times
I have been living in EW for the last 5 years ... my older daughter is in 2nd grade ... the schools are great .. they had a brand new bulding constructed when she just started KG.. very organised ... and they do a lot of educational activities ... they are surely very promising .... also regarding the WW schools ..I have heard that the teachers really do not take any efforts for the kids .. its mostly the parents that do it ... sending Kids to KUMON etc ....my take is " If your kid is smart .. he will shine anywhere ":-).

Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 AM

329 posts, read 1,529,208 times
didn't know WW has 2 good high schools...
i read it from someone that they send their children to princeton.
i can't remember the exact content or I am just getting confused.

hmmm...thanks for the information.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
As an East Windsor resident, you actually could send your kids to the WW-P district, but you would have to make "tuition" payments in order to do so.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,883 times
Default WW-P vs. E.W.

Hello: I am a former student of the East Windsor School District and have a nephew currently in the district. I also have a teenage chid in WWP. In my experience, there are many cons to the E.W. distrcit as many have posted.

I would shoot for WW-P. Check areas such as West Windsor and Plainsboro. I'm sure you'll be happy with the long term results.

I've been here 8yrs, my child is thriving and we're very happy!

Good luck!

Old 05-08-2009, 09:54 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
Twin Rivers also isnt the same anymore
It isn't. I heard the complex has become a foreign country.

Diane G

Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,053 times
I am a highschooler from West Windsor Plainsboro. We're one of the top-ranked public school districts. I hope I can clear some things up here.

West Windsor Plainsboro is extremely competitive. Taking honor courses means sleeping about 6 hours a night. It's intense and stressful.

Parents don't do everything in ww-p. The teachers are spectacular. There all have so many awards, are extremely kind and caring. I have a math teacher that stays after school almost everyday to help struggling students, sacrificing most of her spare time for our sake. Parents are rumored to do everything because many radical parents voluntarily interfere on their child's behalf because they want their child to get good grades. Parents are the ones that place us children into such a demanding school district, so of course our parents will want us to do well (and do whatever they can to help us succeed.)

It's a demanding school district... but it's worth it, in the end. WW-P has a VERY high reputation with colleges. Because the environment is so demanding, students that transfer into the district soon develop different academic mentalities and work ethics. However, it's not easy for transfer students. For example, one of my friends transfered to WW-P during her freshman year. When she went to another school district, she got all A's and was at the top of her class, having a reputation for her intelligence. However, when she moved to this district, she got D's and F's. She has a C-range average now, and constantly pulls all-nighters (and drinks a lot of coffee.) But no matter what, she can't get the A's she used to. It's a deadly school district, but if you can survive the pressure you can survive anything.

I hoped I helped some people

Old 03-12-2011, 08:48 AM

431 posts, read 942,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKL View Post
Hi everyone.

I've fallen in love with West Windsor-Plainsboro school district for my kids, plus the commute is not bad to my husband's job in Teaneck, and I am willing to take the train to Manhattan for grad school. However, since we only have 1 income coming in until I graduate (several years from now because I am considering a doctorate)... well, we can only afford a 2BR condo w/ loft in the area. For the same price, we saw a 3-story townhouse in East Windsor, specifically in the Twin Rivers community. My question is: it is possible to live in EW but go to school in WW?

My son will be entering 10th grade this September and good schools are crucial. Here in Queens, NY, all his teachers keep telling him he has potential, but the school's lack of funding keeps my son under the radar. I would like my son to be motivated and inspired by school, and I can see that happening in WW.

Any advice anyone can give will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hell NO you can't. Hence why West Windsor's property taxes are through the ROOF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey