Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 12:14 PM

6 posts, read 19,218 times

Advertisements

My Husband and Myself are moving to NJ. My Husabnd works in New York City but i got job in Wilmington,Delaware which is not permanent though... so we are looking around the areas which have reasonable commute time to both places.

Our Budget is $400k with 3BD, 2&half bath. we are looking for town house in good community which has Professional Indian Population and good school system although we do not have kids yet.

I do not mind driving but train or bus to Delaware will be good ...my husband will commute via either train or bus.

We are thinking about all Brunswick area, East Windsor and Plainsboro. What would you suggest. I heard that Plainsboro is crowded in the peak time so commute time will add up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 01:59 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,056,920 times
WHEW! Don't envy your commutes!
Don't know much about the Brunswicks but do know that Plainsboro has a very large Indian population. The train station at Princeton Jct (which services Plainsboro) is heavily used and the wait to get a parking permit is now about 7 years. If you can get to the station between 6-6:30am you have a high probability of getting a daily spot.

East Windsor commuters use the park and ride. (Don't know about that availability).
Depending on where your husband is in NY, he's looking at 1-1 1/2 hour commute.
Going to Wilmington (by car), could be a 2 hour commute.

As far as schools, according to NJ Monthly (01/08), out of 316 districts.
*For what it's worth*-
West Windsor-Plainsboro HS-9th
South Brunswick HS-75th
East Brunswick HS-60th
East Windsor (Hightstown HS)-119

Good luck with your search!

Old 03-31-2008, 02:17 PM

63 posts, read 346,196 times
I agree.. we drove by Plainsboro a couple of times when we were house hunting and a lot of Indian families. Schools are highly rated in the areas you mentioned. Pricey but nice neighborhoods.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:38 PM

61 posts, read 403,160 times
Default Offical school ratings

This is the offical non basied NJ Dept of Ed report card on schools
NEW JERSEY SCHOOL REPORT CARD 2006-2007
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey