Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:51 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,677,944 times

Advertisements

[quote=neecewh;15367504]Was that your stinky dead cow I smelled the other night? ... just kidding

Spoken like a true vegetarian, my friend!

And, yes, PD! Face to face interaction and talking. You will love it! If you want, bring your computer or whatever and we can text/type to each other, because we won't be able to talk! We'll either be laughing at the fun of meeting each other or chomping down on great steaks and lobsters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 02:54 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,692,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Summering, thank you for the recommendation. We went to the Texas Roadhouse today and hubby gave it a big thumbs up I am sure my oldest son would have given it a thumbs up as well but unfortunately he got called into work 2 seconds after we placed our order. The server was terrific and understood the situation. He got our order out quickly along with to-go containers. He was wonderful. We will definitely be going back ... We may not take our son, but we will go back!
I'm with you Neece!!! ......I love their steaks. For one thing hubby and I don't like a lot of spices. It is flavored just right. No onions, thank goodness.......The servers are very nice there.....Its cozy, cute, and I am missin' it right now.....
BTW......now try the T-Bones down past 501 you'll see it from 17, on the corner. Not bad either, cute place two stories. Relaxing, and good servers also. Go early for less crowds.....In the winter look for those specials.
( cause' why not!)

Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM

882 posts, read 3,540,577 times
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Maybe it was.

The sad fact is that I have not cooked on charcoal in 20+ years. I never could get it right.. I miss the days of helping/watching my grandfather light the charcoal, wait for it to get to temp and then throw the burgers/steaks/veggies on...

Quote:
Was that your stinky dead cow I smelled the other night? ... just kidding

They have an onion thing at Texas Roadhouse too. I am sure it won't beat the grill at home, but if you are out of charcoal one day and have a hankering for a steak, you might want to give them a try.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:48 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Finally, there's Prosser's in MI, the ONLY buffet I'll go to. You can rate their food by the number of local pickup trucks in the parking lot at lunch time. If you haven't been to Prosser's, you're just not paying attention.
Prosser's was on Becky Billingsleys's top 10 Barbecue Restaurants list yesterday. Here is the list for anyone who likes BBQ

Top 10 Barbecue Restaurants (http://www.myrtlebeachrestaurantnews.com/news/food-bytes/1542-top-10-barbecue-restaurants.html - broken link)

Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,073 times
Quote:
Prosser's was on Becky Billingsleys's top 10 Barbecue Restaurants list yesterday...
Gotta confess I haven't eaten at many of these. Hog Heaven and Little Pigs are both pretty good. Not roadtrip restaurants, but if you're in the area... I recall Big D's being good, but it's been several years. Actually, I thought they'd closed. Anything named Nacho Hippo would NOT make my BBQ Shack list. Wanna bet their drinks have little umbrellas in 'em?

Has anybody checked out BarBQue House in Surfside? Didn't know it existed.

It was disappointing to see that PawleyDude's BackYard did not make the list. Smoked 19# of BBQ on Monday, which will feed the PD family and a neighbor for awhile.

Thanks for sharin' neecie

Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,677,944 times
BarBQue House in Surfside is new and replaced Fazzoli's. If you think Fazzoli's is good Italian food, then you will like the new BarBQue House in Surfside. (I don't recommend it!)

Old 01-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Anything named Nacho Hippo would NOT make my BBQ Shack list. Wanna bet their drinks have little umbrellas in 'em?
I raised my eyebrow at that one as well. I love Mexican food but I never thought it to be synonymous with barbecue. My son's boss took the crew there for a Christmas dinner party tonight so I will let you know what his review of the place is.

Quote:
It was disappointing to see that PawleyDude's BackYard did not make the list. Smoked 19# of BBQ on Monday, which will feed the PD family and a neighbor for awhile.
I was surprised not to see it myself. We just moved into a house (as opposed to a not so grill friendly condo) and before we moved anything over my hubby went out and got a gas / charcoal (with adjustable smoke stacks) combo grill and parked it on the deck. When reviews come out next time you may just have a little competition.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 PM

Ok I asked my son how Nacho Hippo was and he said it was great and we have to go there sometime. I told him it was on the top 10 bbq restaurant list and he just started laughing..... enough said, right?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:39 AM

882 posts, read 3,540,577 times
Nacho Hippo... another trendy place in MC that will, more likely than not, fail. Sad, but true.

Rad Dews... REALLY good BBQ.

Heard great stuff about Big D's.. but I've never eaten there...

Prosser's.. heard great reviews about... again, never personally eaten there.

Little Pigs.. great food.. but it's been a while since I've eaten there.

Big KT's...planning to hit them up next week..

Old 01-07-2011, 02:40 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
BarBQue House in Surfside is new and replaced Fazzoli's. If you think Fazzoli's is good Italian food, then you will like the new BarBQue House in Surfside. (I don't recommend it!)
Thanks, vrexy. Saved me a trip.

Quote:
neecewh posted: ...enough said, right?
You got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area