Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:28 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Uh oh, I feel a pumpkin comin' on...
Oh well I guess I will just have to admire the lobster from afar

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_entrees_lobster.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	66417

Secret Shopper huh? Where do I sign up for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 10:53 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Oh well I guess I will just have to admire the lobster from afar...
Ssssshhh.... Just slip down on the Blvd, grab you an unshaven, long-haired x-hippy, tell him he's PD for the nite, and promise him a free steak. Vrexy will never know, appearances will be remarkedly similar, and his stories will be much more entertaining.

Quote:
Secret Shopper huh? Where do I sign up for that?
For a few years, they showed up pretty regular in the classifieds, but haven't seen any in quite awhile. The ones that do show up now seem to be the latest scam-dujour...

Old 08-04-2010, 02:07 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times
Default Where did I put my glass slippers????

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Ssssshhh.... Just slip down on the Blvd, grab you an unshaven, long-haired x-hippy, tell him he's PD for the nite, and promise him a free steak. Vrexy will never know, appearances will be remarkedly similar, and his stories will be much more entertaining.

For a few years, they showed up pretty regular in the classifieds, but haven't seen any in quite awhile. The ones that do show up now seem to be the latest scam-dujour...

If I'm buying the steaks and lobster, that means I am the fairy godmother, so when I wave my magic wand and say Bibbity Bobbity Boo, the impostor will disappear and the real PD will replace him! (C'mon, PD, we aren't that scary, are we?)

I did secret shopping for a while. Not worth it IMO, but the company I did it for is reputable. Named Maritz Research. You can google them, neecewh! And I'll tell you about my experience with them, next time we talk.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:12 PM

I am still thing about the fact that PD suggested I stroll along the blvd, approach a motley looking stranger, and promise him payment of sorts, in order to get what I want .... I would definitely need to know how many ounces that lobster is first

Old 08-04-2010, 03:27 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times
Default Where's Prince Charming when you need him???

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I am still thing about the fact that PD suggested I stroll along the blvd, approach a motley looking stranger, and promise him payment of sorts, in order to get what I want .... I would definitely need to know how many ounces that lobster is first
There's no lobster worth that! Especially one that is measured in ounces vs. pounds!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:54 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,881,808 times
I vote for Outback with the kids!

Old 08-05-2010, 07:34 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
If I'm buying the steaks and lobster, that means I am the fairy godmother, so when I wave my magic wand and say Bibbity Bobbity Boo, the impostor will disappear and the real PD will replace him! (C'mon, PD, we aren't that scary, are we?)
You mean like face-to-face, unprotected discussions, without using a computer?? Like, OMG!!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:45 PM

Summering, thank you for the recommendation. We went to the Texas Roadhouse today and hubby gave it a big thumbs up I am sure my oldest son would have given it a thumbs up as well but unfortunately he got called into work 2 seconds after we placed our order. The server was terrific and understood the situation. He got our order out quickly along with to-go containers. He was wonderful. We will definitely be going back ... We may not take our son, but we will go back!

Old 08-06-2010, 01:18 AM

882 posts, read 3,540,761 times
Hey, what in the world has gone on here that *I* didn't budge my way into?

Good thing I didn't offer my opinion, as I find there is no really good place to get a steak, save, possibly, Outback and I can't call that *really* good. I am partial to their bloomin onion tho.. Wow.
Had a good friend who worked the OB in CF but she's since moved on to a NC location. That whole crew used to come hang out with us after work, but that too has passed.. Oh the joys of the service industry...

Anyway, I've found that the BEST steaks are the ones that send tantalizing scents drifting into your neighbors yard as it flames on the grill..

Old 08-06-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I've found that the BEST steaks are the ones that send tantalizing scents drifting into your neighbors yard as it flames on the grill..
Was that your stinky dead cow I smelled the other night? ... just kidding

They have an onion thing at Texas Roadhouse too. I am sure it won't beat the grill at home, but if you are out of charcoal one day and have a hankering for a steak, you might want to give them a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area