Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 10:40 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,695,515 times

Advertisements

TBones up past 501 ....on 17 Bypass would be a great place to go with kids. Gosh, in the winter months they had " buy one, get one free" Steaks!!! Delicious........Also, Liberty Steakhouse does that in the winter months.
Try the Texas Roadhouse for a good steak, go early to the early bird specials....( if they have it in the summers?) The Roadhouse right in Garden City is great and good for families......But, get there early we have waited up to an hour and 20 minutes to get in.
As a matter of fact.......even at Tbones.......the waiting can be long.
The service is great however and you can't beat the pricing. Definately kid friendly........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,801 times
Thank you both so much for the suggestion!

Quote:
How much redeeming do you want to do? Big time redeeming would be Ruth's Chris. Middle of the road redeeming would be Gordon Birsch or J. Edward's. Can't vouch for the kid friendly part, but the steak at Ruth's Chris is as good as you will get anywhere!
Vrexy, Well fathers day was pretty darn bad You have met my little monsters, do you think they could go to any of those place without getting us tossed out? (sorry tried to rep you but it wouldn't let me ... grrrrr)

Quote:
TBones up past 501 ....on 17 Bypass would be a great place to go with kids. Gosh, in the winter months they had " buy one, get one free" Steaks!!! Delicious........Also, Liberty Steakhouse does that in the winter months.
Try the Texas Roadhouse for a good steak, go early to the early bird specials....( if they have it in the summers?) The Roadhouse right in Garden City is great and good for families......But, get there early we have waited up to an hour and 20 minutes to get in.
As a matter of fact.......even at Tbones.......the waiting can be long.
The service is great however and you can't beat the pricing. Definately kid friendly........
Summering, Thanks so much. We are in Surfside now so the Roadhouse not only sounds like a good fit, but it is very convenient as well!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:37 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,837,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I need to revive this thread because I am looking for something specific. Which of these places, or possibly one not listed, would be the best (kid friendly) place to get a big slab of plain old steak?...
Good question, neecie. We rarely order steak out, but never quite sure where to go when somebody is looking for a good one. Bovine's in Murrells Inlet is known for their steaks, but IMO they're overpriced. I've had pretty good ribs @ T-Bones in MI but never had their steak. I don't think it's associated with the one in MB but I could be wrong. The last time we were there, the decor was extremely "casual", for lack of a better term, but it's been awhile. We usually end up at Outback, I guess 'cause we don't know any better , but you gotta want steak bad to go there during the summer.

Vrexy, are you buying??

Old 08-03-2010, 01:03 PM

Thanks neecewh..........
We go in groups to the steak houses and not one person has complained about the quality or portions. TBones up in MB posts those two for one sales in the newspaper in the winter. ( don't know about additional times).......It comes with a great salad,potato, and rolls...
For the kids sakes....I'd say the meals come quite quickly even when there is a full house.
We love the Texas Roadhouse as it is so close to where we stay in Surfside. It's just a matter of getting there early as the waiting can be long.
Great pricing going on at these restaurants for sure.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM

Medieval Times is a wonderful show and dinner for kids when they get a good age to attend.
We went with adults and I was wishing all our little fellows were there.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:43 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times
Default Okay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Vrexy, are you buying??

PD! If it will get you to meet up with neecewh and me, then OH YEAH! Let's make plans! It would be so much fun!

Old 08-03-2010, 03:49 PM

Yes, and Outback has excellent steaks! I agree!

Old 08-03-2010, 03:54 PM

Default Part of the problem.....is.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
a big slab of plain old steak?

Just the wrong way to think about a steak!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:26 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Just the wrong way to think about a steak!
LOL ... So sorry! Spoken like a vegetarian I guess. That being said, that lobster on the Ruth's Chris menu would get me to forget all about the "don't eat anything with a face or mother" rule

Summering, the prices at Texas Roadhouse are terrific. I looked up the menu online and hubby was drooling over the 16oz New York Strip. As long as they have A1 he will be set!

PD, I actually forgot all about the Outback. That would be a good kid friendly option too.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:52 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,837,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
...OH YEAH! Let's make plans! It would be so much fun!
Uh oh, I feel a pumpkin comin' on...

Summering, about 10 years ago, we worked as "secret shoppers" for Liberty Steak House and one of their sister restaurants - might have been TBonz - same location but seems like it was a different name back then. (Don't laugh - filling out those forms was hard work, and free food tasted very good.) We enjoyed it - food was always good and service very friendly - but trying to get reimbursed from their corporate office in Chasn was a real b***h. "Check's in the mail", "check must have got lost", "we're running a little behind this month" (3 months behind)....... Their success has always surprised me, considering how their offices were run. I guess that's a testament to good local staffing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area