Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:31 PM

882 posts, read 3,540,356 times

Advertisements

Yes, a significant portion of the land immediately surrounding what is now open is also owned by the HRP. The investment group bought the 3 malls that made up the old Waccammaw Factory Outlets. These are outlined to be incorporated into the HRP in the future..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 12:22 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,788,893 times
I have questions about HRP maybe someone here knows the answers, please?

1. To see a concert (national act) at the HRP is there a concert hall? Is it an outdoor venue?
2. If you buy a seasons pass, does that also get you into those concerts?
3. If you buy a daily pass, does that get you into a concert?
4. If you have a pass, do you get a discount on concerts if you do have to buy separate tix?
5. Do you get a discount for anything if you are a local? I know a lot of other places here give discounts to locals, thats why I asked.
6. If I buy a daily pass and then decide I want a seasons pass, can the price I paid for the daily pass be applied to the seasons pass when I purchase it? I just don't want to put out $150 and decide once is enough for the season.

I couldn't find many answers on their site, so I thought City-Data friends can help. : )

Last edited by Global Friend; 04-22-2008 at 04:20 PM..

Old 04-22-2008, 03:13 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,691,091 times
Ok from what I read in the Newspapers down there........
1. What I saw was an open venue area with bleacher type seating.
( someone upon hearing the cost, said they'd listen from a parking lot, LOL)
2. Season passes, from what I read, didn't get you in the concerts.
3.The concert cost was separate
4. At the time I read the paper, there was no discount mentioned. Nothing for locals either.
6. Question six I don't know but......maybe if we google that.
I certainly would go once and see if it would be worth it for a season pass for you.
Do you like roller coasters?
Hard Rock Park
The Pass gives you per the site above 10% off merchandise and food/beverages
5% Discount on admission tickets
Newsletter
Discounted VIP All Access Pass
The site has a bunch of information so you might find more answers there...........

Old 04-22-2008, 03:31 PM

23 posts, read 83,332 times
Default I'll try and answer your questions

We have been to HRP 2x since it opened last week ( I have a 15 year old who can't get enough of it).

1. It's an outdoor venue for concerts
2. If you buy a one day ticket or a season pass it includes the concerts (all except the Eagles and Moody Blues for Grand Opening
3.same as above
4.N/A
5.No local discounts so far. We paid $150.00 + tax for our annual passes. The Annual pass holders do get free parking ($10) 5% discount on food (not drinks)5% on merchandise. Not really great discounts. They also do have special Pass Holders days planned etc.
6.If you go during the Soft Opening until May 7 and buy a one day pass at $40.00 you will be able to use that credit towards buying a Annual pass.

The park is good. It's geared towards teens and adults, not little kids. The Led Zepplin roller coaster was very cool. My son (15) will be going back this weekend with friends to ride it again. The crowds have been very light so far.

If you have any other questions let me know

Beth

Old 04-22-2008, 04:27 PM

Summering - Thanks! Like I said most of the answers are not on the site but thanks for answering most of my questions.

Beth, if I buy a seasons pass I can get into all the shows there? Including Kid Rock and other national acts except Eagles/Moody Blues? I'm surprised but that's great. Do you think the park is worth the seasons pass for an adult? I guess if you can go to the shows it is but w/o that how many times can I go on the same rides over and over. They don't have that many there.

I got two different answers on the concert question. I can just stop there one day to find out before buying a seasons pass. Thank you.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:39 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,691,091 times
Your welcome..........
Beth may have new information. It looks like the concerts ( some of) will be covered by the admission cost. I had read at the time that they would not be, but.......I think maybe they rethought that. I hope so........but, when the news first came out they didn't. Except for the "biggie" the opening day extravanganza!
I think when it expands it will be fun for the teens and tourists.
Many have expressed that they want things to do for the little ones they have along with them on their vacations. I can understand that.
You know when you go to Disney, Universal, or Sea World you are there all day because the places are so large, and its for all ages.
Summering and Roller Coasters is not a great mix........ask Jammie!
I do hope they expand, make it family friendly...........we all do love music!
Kids like music too.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a kids section with all music inspired things for them to enjoy. We took the two year old to a farm and it had these singing puppets........Well, he took off in circles hopping, and dancing......everyone clapped and laughed at the same time.
I think music is good for everyone, and I hope when they expand I will go and have a grand ole time.
Just right now.........Roller Coasters and Restaurants don't thrill me.
But.......hummm.........if Toby Keith or Kelly Clarkston shows up, I'm there!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:03 PM

23 posts, read 83,332 times
The reason we bought 2 season passes besides the Zepplin coaster was to be able to get into the upcoming Kid Rock and 38 Special shows without an additional charge. I specifically asked this on opening night when we went to pick up our passes

Personally if it wasn't for my son loving coasters and amusement parks in general, I would not have purchased a annual pass for myself. It was great the first time I went but I can't see myself going over and over again. I am hoping, that they get some additional concerts scheduled and I'll be able to use my pass for those.

Beth

Old 04-23-2008, 01:54 PM

Thank you again. I went there today to confirm and yes the season pass gets you into most concerts, including Kid Rock. Also correct you can buy a ticket up to 5/7/08 for $40 and then apply $30 of it to a season pass. She said they might continue that after May 7th but is not sure.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,881,028 times
Hey Rapture, where did you find the list of concerts, including Rid Rock? I cannot locate any concert list on the HRP website. Thanks.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:52 AM

They changed their site. The concert schedule was on there and now I can't find it either. They must have their web person working on it everyday making changes because everytime I go there it's different. I also saw a schedule in a paper somewhere but didn't save it. If I see it again, I'll let you know. Of course I can't remember the date for Kid Rock but maybe bsd650 (Beth) will know. If you haven't seen him in concert, try to go...it's a great show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area