Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 11:39 PM

11 posts, read 41,469 times

Advertisements

I'll be visiting MB Oct 4th thru Oct 11th with my husband and our two children (ages 2 and 5). We kept pushing the date back due to finances and I didn't even think about all the things we'd miss out on. (The water parks and all the fireworks, etc). Now I'm wondering what else I can do to show my children a good time while we are there visiting. My mother-in-law suggested the aquarium (which we will most definitely go to) but had a hard time coming up with anything else that was age appropriate for kid fun.

I did find a few things online like Alligator adventures and Mirror maze, but am still trying to find a few more things to do.

Will the hotels still run their lazy rivers or are they only opened seasonally? Both kids LOVE the water and I was really hoping that some little water park at the hotels would offer that to us. (we only plan on staying a few nights in a hotel and the rest with his family)

Also, I was wondering about biker week. Do they linger there after the week is over?? I was hoping that it would be done by the time we got there, but we'll arrive late late Saturday night/early Sunday morning.

Last time we visited (which was some years ago and during "peak season") I was going to go on a "cruise" out to an island that had sea shelling. I wish I remembered or kept the packet. I never went and would like to go this time. Does anyone know if they will still be offering that kind of thing even in the off season??

Thank you in advance for any replies. (I could've called my husband's mother to find out, but sometimes she's hard to get ahold of....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 07:28 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,796,299 times
Here's a site with things to do and it has an event link: Fun Things To Do In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Attractions and SC Activities - Myrtle Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau

I would call the hotel you're staying in to find out about the pool but you always have the ocean. : ) As far as I know the water parks are closed but you can probably do some min. golf.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,885,415 times
Broadway at the Beach has a small amusement area of rides moved from the Pavillion. It is near Ripley's Aquarium. NASCAR Park should be open, too. They have a few rides & attractions for the little tikes. The water parks will be closed.

The shell tour is apparently done for the season. We went to make reservations for this weekend & they told us they were not running now. I think they shut down early this year because of the price of fuel & not as many customers. In any event, here is the link to Rover Tours in case you want to go in the future:
Rover Tours home

If the weather is nice perhaps you would like to ride to Georgetown anyway. They have a nice River Walk (http://www.seaportgeorgetown.com/index.shtml - broken link)with some nice shops. It is lined with boats that the kids may get a kick out of.... maybe see an alligator? Murrells Inlet has a nice Marsh Walk but expect it to be crowded with the Bike Weekend. On your way down to G-town you will pass through Pawleys Island and the Hammock Shops/Island Shops which may be worth a stop. Nice beaches at Huntington Park & on Pawleys Isl.

Last edited by baylovers; 09-28-2008 at 07:46 PM..

Old 09-30-2008, 01:51 PM

245 posts, read 762,948 times
You will still be able to use the pools, lazy river and such.We have been in the ocean the last three days.The fireworks are on Tuesday at Broadway, I think they are still going on.Other than water parks most things are still the same just less crowded and the temps are bearable.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 PM

Forgot to mention Brookgreen Gardens (http://www.brookgreen.org/zoo_animals.cfm - broken link)will be beautiful this time of year, too. They have an animal preserve/zoo that I recommend visiting during feeding time. They have guide take you through to see the otters, fox, deer & the aviary.

The kids may enjoy the Le Grande Cirque acrobatic show at the Palace Theatre.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:33 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,024,531 times
Kids don't have to be "entertained" all the time! You're at the beach! Let them play in the sand and surf! Let them dig to China! Catch sand crabs! Fish!
Lots of things will be open...there will be things to do! But let them find their own fun--at least, for awhile! Using their imagination makes them better thinkers!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:45 AM

Well, they should be in MB as I type. You couldn't have asked for better weather. Hopefully they are enjoying themselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area