Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 05:46 PM

22 posts, read 45,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
You didn't miss much,so don't feel bad. I don't remember the exact figure,but the HOA fees were over $200.00 a month.They will give you all the details if you go visit them and look at the models. As for the upgrade question,you will have to ask Beazer that. The bottom line is..... if they put low income affordable housing in there,no development is going to be worth it and there will be more crime.
Thank-you. That puts a damper on things. I am now thinking of renting an apartment in or near the commons before spending big money. They emailed me about special pricing and that of course sounds appealing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 05:08 AM

638 posts, read 995,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlooking View Post
Thank-you. That puts a damper on things. I am now thinking of renting an apartment in or near the commons before spending big money. They emailed me about special pricing and that of course sounds appealing!
That's probably a good,wise idea,but we just hate the thought of moving twice. Once is challenging enough!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 AM

Logicx.......I just discovered your blog yesterday. Thank you so much for all the research and valuable information. You have really did your homework! Our main concern now is the possibility of them building low income affordable housing in there. Have you heard anything about that? If you have,have you researched and investigated it?
If anyone else out there has any information on this possibility,PLEASE respond. Thanks!

Old 07-14-2013, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,037 times
We went to cresswinds this last week . Spent three days looking at their product. The models were beauitful, but once i got the upgrades added to the base price, it went from 251,000.00 to over 300,000.00 just to make it look nice. What a shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a good thing for retirees . The hoa wasn't a concern for what you get. We are going back soon to see if there is any room to negotiate if not cresswinds is off our list.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Ryan......You could answer the questions that have already been ask but not answered especially the one I ask about low income affordable housing. Do you know what they decided about that? There was a developer wanting to go in there and build homes for low income people which was a concern to people already living there because they were afraid it would reduce the value of their homes and would bring crime to the area like is in the other low income housing developments in Myrtle Beach. ??????
Thanks!

Last edited by Global Friend; 08-15-2013 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Included post against the TOS.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
Ryan......You could answer the questions that have already been ask but not answered especially the one I ask about low income affordable housing. Do you know what they decided about that? There was a developer wanting to go in there and build homes for low income people which was a concern to people already living there because they were afraid it would reduce the value of their homes and would bring crime to the area like is in the other low income housing developments in Myrtle Beach. ??????
Thanks!

Great question...There was a developer looking at a piece toward the front of market common on 17 By pass, but as far as I know nothing has been done with that. It's not really a good location because it literally boarders the airport. That being said the way the land is owned in and around market common it would be pretty hard for a development like that to go in. We are in the back of market common and I can tell you the property that is available would be too expensive to even do that. It wouldn't make any sense for a developer to buy land at a huge premium to turn around and sell low income housing. I will say as a disclaimer that anything could happen and those folks need homes too but i just don't see that here at this time.

I hope that helps. Let me know what other questions you may have.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-07-2016 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Not needed

Old 09-06-2013, 06:15 AM

161 posts, read 330,655 times
OK - here is a question - never really thought about a 55+ community , but we are nearing that and my hubby likes the idea of someone else cutting the grass....my question is are there "rules" about kids? I don't want an HOA telling me I can't have my grandkids visit for a month in the summer time.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 AM

2 posts, read 4,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KavH View Post
OK - here is a question - never really thought about a 55+ community , but we are nearing that and my hubby likes the idea of someone else cutting the grass....my question is are there "rules" about kids? I don't want an HOA telling me I can't have my grandkids visit for a month in the summer time.
There aren't in the community I'm in. I know in our community we have more of that age range just by nature, but not because we restrict it. We are certainly family friendly as is most of the market common area.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:19 PM

43 posts, read 114,571 times
Every community has different rules. You'll have to ask each and see a copy of their HoA rules to be sure.

Cresswind in Market Common is Marketed as Active Adult, but is not 55+ and there are no rules restricting any age (and so no restrictions on kids).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KavH View Post

Old 11-05-2013, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,662 times
I currently live in NC and am looking to move fairly near Market Common. D R Horton began building homes in NC several years ago. However, without buyers' knowledge, they put a clause in sales contracts that they retained the mineral rights UNDER homes for possible future fracking and other purposes. It and some other builders, including Beazer Homes, commonly do this in other states as well. When NC buyers finally found out about this clause, they made an uproar, which resulted in the NC Attorney General's office getting D R Horton to stop the practice and return mineral rights to homeowners. BUYERS BEWARE: D R HORTON HAS A CLAUSE IN ITS SOUTH CAROLINA SALES CONTRACTS STATING IT RETAINS THE MINERAL RIGHTS UNDER THE HOMES BEING SOLD. I don't know if Beazer Homes also is putting this clause in SC contracts but carefully check your sales contracts with any builder. FYI, here's a link to a news article about D R Horton's settlement with NC:
[URL="http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/10/2332617/dr-horton-to-return-mineral-rights.html"]www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/10/2332617/dr-horton-to-return-mineral-rights.html[/URL]
and here's a link to an NBC story about this growing problem of builders retaining mineral rights without buyers' knowledge: [URL="http://www.cnbc.com/id/101099968"]www.cnbc.com/id/101099968[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area