Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 12:32 PM

124 posts, read 227,641 times

Advertisements

We're Feeling the Bern too! I went to Charleston last Saturday to hear him speak at the Convention Center. Bernie is the Best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 01:02 PM

253 posts, read 470,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB1234 View Post
We're Feeling the Bern too! I went to Charleston last Saturday to hear him speak at the Convention Center. Bernie is the Best!
Wish I could have heard him. It is amazing to see the age range in his crowds from us "blue hairs" to young people and every age in between. Now if he can just get the Hispanic and black voters on board, this might become a true contest

Old 08-31-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfra28 View Post
Thank you Neecewh! Yes, it's an adjustment. Trying to get a feel for this area from locals. How is it in the winter months? Any less touristy beach spots or places that are popular? Areas to avoid? I read the comments on here and it scares me! People seem so down on this area.

RFRA...I just moved back to my home state and the beach in June after 25 years in Texas

I'm having to re-learn, as everything has changed so much. Do NOT let negative comments on the various discussion threads here get you down. We live in Little River so it's a bit less crowded than where you are, but there really is something for everyone. You just have to be adventurous and explore.

I was here in February and I can tell you it was super quiet, but it also rained, sleeted or snowed almost every day - unusual and crazy weather!

I love Charleston, but it is a whole different vibe from here - or at least it used to be! Nothing is like I remember it from 25 years ago

Wish you the best in settling in.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:13 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
Quote:
Thank you Neecewh! Yes, it's an adjustment. Trying to get a feel for this area from locals. How is it in the winter months? Any less touristy beach spots or places that are popular? Areas to avoid? I read the comments on here and it scares me! People seem so down on this area.
Yes, much less touristy in the winter months. And, as Shabby said, don't let the negative comments scare you. I wake up every morning so grateful to be here. It has been 6 years for us and I never once, not even for a split second, regretted it. OK, maybe when then decided to let people go into bars with guns, but other than that never!

As for beach spots, I always enjoy Myrtle Beach State Park. I find it to be more locals and less tourists, especially on the off-season (June - August is iffy). But, SHHHHHHH, don't tell anyone. We want to keep it that way. If word got out, everyone would be there. I know it is a little further for you being in CF, but if you are going out to eat (etc) check out the south end (Surfside through Pawleys - including the Marshwalk in Murrells). It is a bit of a different vibe than Myrtle and there really are some great dining options.

... and GO BERNIE!

Old 08-31-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post

... and GO BERNIE!
You troublemaker

Old 08-31-2015, 07:21 PM

215 posts, read 544,859 times
Quote:
Hi everyone. I have the same question! We recently moved here from Charleston...I know. I know. My husband had a job opportunity we couldn't pass up. Living in Carolina Forest and have a small child. Any recommendations/insight/suggestions you locals can offer me? I know nothing of the area. Thank you!
Subscribe to the local paper, "Carolina Forest Chronicle":
http://www.myhorrynews.com/eedition_carolina_forest_chronicle/

You may find it in your paperbox, free. If you have to subscribe it's not much and really worth it. It has a lot of good info. on what's going on in CF. Comes out weekly.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

David

Old 08-31-2015, 08:03 PM

174 posts, read 257,548 times
Shabbycasa, DH and I are right behind your hubby in age, so we can really relate to the importance of good health and to your thoughts about not getting uptight about unimportant things and keeping the stress levels low. Being healthy and staying out of the hospital and out of the Drs. office is what one wishes for and strives for at our age. That's one of the reasons we want to move south, to enjoy a lifestyle with less stress and better weather. We have learned that you can't change the behavior of others, only the way you react to it. It also helps to have a good sense of humor. Sending your hubby wishes for good health. His boat will wait for him! Always enjoy your posts and look forward to learning more from you as we move ahead with our plans to move to MB.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:30 AM

73 posts, read 110,937 times
We were just down in August we spent 2 weeks in Feb. Looking around at houses . We always thought we would move to murrells Inlet but Hubby fell in love with Little River. He is able to retire this Jan. so if he does we will rent for a year to make sure we are in the spot we want to be in. I loved little river as it is a lot quieter

Old 09-03-2015, 07:16 AM

tiggeerrific...We moved here in June to Windjammer Village in Little River. Because I had been in Texas for 25 years, and am a native S. Carolina girl, I wanted trees! Well the "village" does not disappoint. Might not be for you, but everyone who lives here that I've met has been here 10+ years and has no plans to leave!

Little River is a charming area and you are right, much less congested. Plus the NC border is spittin' distance where they have the-most-awesome seafood!

Good luck with your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area