Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 07:40 AM

29 posts, read 49,822 times

Advertisements

No issue with you either, appreciate you reading the entire thread and seeing MY comments pertained to the feeling of a vacation owner feeling the grass is greener somewhere else. If it is my personal observation about the people I've come across, so be it. It's my opinion. One would think residents would be happy to have decent people move into their community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 08:13 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,833,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little River girl View Post
One would think residents would be happy to have decent people move into their community.
You are right - decent, nonjudgmental people who accept others for who they are, not what they do. You know, the ones who make good neighbors.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:09 PM

253 posts, read 470,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
You are right - decent, nonjudgmental people who accept others for who they are, not what they do. You know, the ones who make good neighbors.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:09 PM

29 posts, read 49,822 times
I have made it clear that you can cease trying to bully and harass me. You need not respond to any of my posts on city-data.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:55 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,625 times
PD! It is nice to see you out and about on City Data and making new friends! The "neighbor" is never quite the same with out you.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:45 PM

Hey Darlin' - thanks for the welcome! Except for you and Shabby, I was beginning to feel unloved. It's reassuring to see the whining factor remains high around here.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:44 AM

253 posts, read 470,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Hey Darlin' - thanks for the welcome! Except for you and Shabby, I was beginning to feel unloved. It's reassuring to see the whining factor remains high around here.
We always have your back, dear friend!

Getting used to the political scene in my home state -- never thought any place could top Texas politics!!

Old 08-28-2015, 03:59 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,719,952 times
Well, PD is back...... Will you please post some of your awesome photos for the rest of us to enjoy?

LRG
Its unfortunate that you ended up in an area that isn't to your liking, but I hope that you aren't making a blanket statement about the area because that would truly be unfair. There are lots of wonderful folks here who have been able to "find their bliss" in the area and have adapt quite well. Some of my favorite people are transplanted, fully rooted Yankees!
The 3-year old question that started the thread is" How is it to live in Myrtle Beach", and the answer is that "Its what you make it out to be"- I'm sorry if you aren't happy here, and it sounds like you're pretty disappointed, but please don't make it sound as though the area is really like that Myrtle Beach Manor show with deadbeats and gutter-dwellers around every corner; I'm sure that you have plenty of "nice" neighbors to hang out with don't you?
And if you think about it- Madams and strippers generally make pretty good money, so looking in from that perspective You must live in a pretty nice community.....

Old 08-29-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbycasa View Post
-- never thought any place could top Texas politics!!
LOL! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... I have it on good authority when Hillary wins in 2016, SC will once again secede and appoint The Donald and Palin as King & Queen. Ms Nikki will be our new Duchess of Roads. Who could ask for anything more?

Old 08-29-2015, 06:51 PM

174 posts, read 258,075 times
Although I'm not a MB resident yet, probably will be this time next year. Just wanted to comment, that, thanks to PawleysDude, ShabbyCasa and Neecewh, this thread has been entertaining. I really enjoy the conversation even though I'm not part of it. Maybe once you get to know me I'll be in on the fun too! Great comments from all of you...keep up the good work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area