Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 07:03 AM

7 posts, read 8,998 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I have the same question! We recently moved here from Charleston...I know. I know. My husband had a job opportunity we couldn't pass up. Living in Carolina Forest and have a small child. Any recommendations/insight/suggestions you locals can offer me? I know nothing of the area. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 07:11 AM

253 posts, read 470,834 times
Take it from me - a new arrival though not new to the fabulous Grand Strand - time will fly by!

Thanks for the kudos but I must say, I take my cues from PawleysDude!! He's the man, as they say And Neecewh has terrific posts all though this wonderful forum. Read everything you can here -- you will learn so much to help you in your move. Wishing you the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentraveler View Post
Although I'm not a MB resident yet, probably will be this time next year. Just wanted to comment, that, thanks to PawleysDude, ShabbyCasa and Neecewh, this thread has been entertaining. I really enjoy the conversation even though I'm not part of it. Maybe once you get to know me I'll be in on the fun too! Great comments from all of you...keep up the good work.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
PD! It is nice to see you out and about on City Data and making new friends! The "neighbor" is never quite the same with out you.
You always know just what to say!

Old 08-30-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
LOL! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... I have it on good authority when Hillary wins in 2016, SC will once again secede and appoint The Donald and Palin as King & Queen. Ms Nikki will be our new Duchess of Roads. Who could ask for anything more?
Priceless...

On another note, I re-read some of the most recent comments and I have this observation. Life is too short to get our panties in a twist. Hubby had a stroke 3 weeks ago, one week after his 68th birthday, brought on in part because of a very grueling, stressful move in June. He was lucky - it was mild and he is recovering quickly.

However, it made me realize that life is just too darned short to get upset about things I cannot change.

Enjoy each minute you have and if you are not happy here, then leave and find your own piece of paradise.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:39 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentraveler View Post
Although I'm not a MB resident yet, probably will be this time next year. Just wanted to comment, that, thanks to PawleysDude, ShabbyCasa and Neecewh, this thread has been entertaining. I really enjoy the conversation even though I'm not part of it. Maybe once you get to know me I'll be in on the fun too! Great comments from all of you...keep up the good work.
Thanks, goldentraveler. Feel free to jump in on the fun anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude
LOL! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... I have it on good authority when Hillary wins in 2016, SC will once again secede and appoint The Donald and Palin as King & Queen. Ms Nikki will be our new Duchess of Roads. Who could ask for anything more?
Now, PD, you know I love you, but you had a type-o in your post. I know you meant to say when Bernie wins. In this neighborhood it is Grand Strand for Bernie! It's ok. Those dang type-os can happen to anyone.

Last edited by neecewh; 08-31-2015 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: Incorrect link

Old 08-31-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbycasa View Post
Priceless...

On another note, I re-read some of the most recent comments and I have this observation. Life is too short to get our panties in a twist. Hubby had a stroke 3 weeks ago, one week after his 68th birthday, brought on in part because of a very grueling, stressful move in June. He was lucky - it was mild and he is recovering quickly.

However, it made me realize that life is just too darned short to get upset about things I cannot change.

Enjoy each minute you have and if you are not happy here, then leave and find your own piece of paradise.
So true, shabbycasa. I hope your hubby has a speedy recovery!

Old 08-31-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfra28 View Post
Hi everyone. I have the same question! We recently moved here from Charleston...I know. I know. My husband had a job opportunity we couldn't pass up. Living in Carolina Forest and have a small child. Any recommendations/insight/suggestions you locals can offer me? I know nothing of the area. Thank you!
Welcome. I have never been to Charleston, but if what I hear is true that might be quite an adjustment for you. What specifically are you looking for suggestions/recommendations on?

Old 08-31-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Now, PD, you know I love you, but you had a type-o in your post. I know you meant to say when Bernie wins. In this neighborhood it is Grand Strand for Bernie! It's ok. Those dang type-os can happen to anyone.
Yea - another Feel the Bern supporter! I luv Bernie...c'mon PD, get on the Bernwagon! (This should start some trouble )

Old 08-31-2015, 12:14 PM

neece...Thank you for your well wishes...he gets better with each day - being an avid fisherman helps. He is determined to get back on his boat!

Old 08-31-2015, 12:17 PM

7 posts, read 8,998 times
Thank you Neecewh! Yes, it's an adjustment. Trying to get a feel for this area from locals. How is it in the winter months? Any less touristy beach spots or places that are popular? Areas to avoid? I read the comments on here and it scares me! People seem so down on this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area