Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 05:30 AM

73 posts, read 111,375 times

Advertisements

yes but people need to check the date as things that happened 4 years ago might be different today. I just wanted to point out the year .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 12:28 PM

253 posts, read 470,810 times
good point, tigger!!

Old 08-22-2015, 12:26 PM

29 posts, read 49,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
A very wise thing to do. We also live in Michigan and when we relocated to Phoenix a couple of years ago after much research and thinking that we really couldn't stand living in Michigan one more minute and that we had found the perfect place for us, I also didn't go to the Michigan forum and make any negative comments, because I felt that only miserable people do those kinds of things, and I was too happy about moving to AZ.

Well, like so many others, the place that we thought was going to be so perfect wasn't, even with a great job in place and a nice house to move into. We found that we had totally underestimated how much home meant to us and the things that we initially loved about AZ when we visited there were the very things that made it seem so foreign once we actually got down to the business of day to day living there. Had I gotten on the Michigan forum and bashed our beautiful Great Lakes state, I would have had to eat some very bad-tasting words when we, gratefully, moved back home. One thing that I've learned in this life is, never burn your bridges, and it sounds like you understand that to be true too. Life doesn't always end up like we think it will, and we need to be prepared for anything. I see so many threads here on C-D started by people who are moving back home after realizing that the grass isn't always greener and that a sense of home and family are more important than they realized, and I always wonder how much bashing they did of their home state before taking off for the end of the rainbow, so to speak.

Good luck to you.
I was grateful to read your post today. We bought the "perfect" condo in MB this year, went down from NY 3 times. The last trip we stayed 18 days. I couldn't wait to leave a day go back home. I hated living in NY, crowded, rat race, but I never knew how much I would miss my kids (grown), or the comforts of home. I find I enjoyed MB for the week vacations, the reality of being there for weeks did not match my expectations. The main revelation was how many shady people, trail or parks, drug users. I'm from NY, no shrinking violet. I found out in my gated community there is a madam, shot girls and women who work in bars and strip clubs.I never could have known this by looking at the condos for sale here.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
A very wise thing to do. We also live in Michigan and when we relocated to Phoenix a couple of years ago after much research and thinking that we really couldn't stand living in Michigan one more minute and that we had found the perfect place for us, I also didn't go to the Michigan forum and make any negative comments, because I felt that only miserable people do those kinds of things, and I was too happy about moving to AZ.

Well, like so many others, the place that we thought was going to be so perfect wasn't, even with a great job in place and a nice house to move into. We found that we had totally underestimated how much home meant to us and the things that we initially loved about AZ when we visited there were the very things that made it seem so foreign once we actually got down to the business of day to day living there. Had I gotten on the Michigan forum and bashed our beautiful Great Lakes state, I would have had to eat some very bad-tasting words when we, gratefully, moved back home. One thing that I've learned in this life is, never burn your bridges, and it sounds like you understand that to be true too. Life doesn't always end up like we think it will, and we need to be prepared for anything. I see so many threads here on C-D started by people who are moving back home after realizing that the grass isn't always greener and that a sense of home and family are more important than they realized, and I always wonder how much bashing they did of their home state before taking off for the end of the rainbow, so to speak.

Good luck to you.
I was grateful to read your post today. We bought the "perfect" condo in MB this year, went down from NY 3 times. The last trip we stayed 18 days. I couldn't wait to leave a day go back home. I hated living in NY, crowded, rat race, but I never knew how much I would miss my kids (grown), or the comforts of home. I find I enjoyed MB for the week vacations, the reality of being there for weeks did not match my expectations. The main revelation was how many shady people, trail or parks, drug users. I'm from NY, no shrinking violet. I found out in my gated community there is a madam, shot girls and women who work in bars and strip clubs.I never could have known this by looking at the condos for sale here.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:58 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little River girl View Post
...I found out in my gated community there is a madam, shot girls and women who work in bars and strip clubs.
Oh mercy me! You came all the way down to little old SC and then found out you would have to associate with working class people. How terrible. Seems to me your neighbors would have made for fun times at your community pool...

This is a joke, right?

Old 08-22-2015, 01:34 PM

Are you serious? Since when are strippers, shot girls and druggies "working class?' The point I was making and the previous poster was don't be surprised when the grass isn't greener. You are the one who is getting all judgemental. MB is not that great. Deal with it! I don't care who lives there, or where they work.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:46 PM

and yeah, it is full of shady people.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
and yeah, it is full of shady people.

And lots of very, very nice people too. What area of this great USA does not have some "shady" people, please tell me?

And picking on pawleysdude on this forum is NOT cool.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:59 PM

First, I was attacked by a stranger I wasn't talking to. He was attacking and picking on me, a girl by the way. Every word I said was honest and true. I go to Church, I don't hang out with strippers. If you can't tell the difference between right and wrong that's your issue.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
First, I was attacked by a stranger I wasn't talking to. He was attacking and picking on me, a girl by the way. Every word I said was honest and true. I go to Church, I don't hang out with strippers. If you can't tell the difference between right and wrong that's your issue.
Bless your heart...no one was attacking you.

I see you are fairly new to posting on this board. Many of us old crotchety types (pawleysdude excluded ) use sarcasm that is meant to be humorous. Didn't mean to offend you.

Enjoy your time here. And I think I can tell right from wrong, so no issue here with me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area