Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 11:12 AM

224 posts, read 1,001,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by megzmom View Post
LIved in Miami and Hialeah in the 50's to 70's. There was a Plantation Pit on 49th Street just past the railroad overpass. I rememember when Westland was built. I also remember when Dadeland was built. Really miss the old drive-in resturants. Are there still any down there? Went to Miami Jackson when it was really nice. Anybody out there remember Ross's.
There used to be a Plantation Pit on Bird Road and 117 St... We used to go there all the time...

Loved it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 08:51 AM

19 posts, read 92,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsma2002 View Post
Yeah, I have good memories of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Trivia question (I don't know the answer and really want to know):

The used to show 2 videos (at least I think it was 2) before the RHPS. One was Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." Anyone remember what the other one was (if there was one? or was there more than 2? I seem to remember 2)?

On an unrelated note, does anyone remember the old Miami baseball stadium? Where exactly was that? I remember seeing the Boston Orioles doing spring training there, and I went to see Aerosmith/Journey play there sometime in the '80s. Anyone else have any memories there?

I used to go see RHPS with my best friend, Bruno, almost every weekend at the Grove cinema that was located right next to the old post office. They'd play a short called "Hardware Wars" as well as the Meatloaf video.

Last edited by danzbassman; 04-18-2008 at 09:03 AM..

Old 04-18-2008, 04:51 PM

350 posts, read 1,522,033 times
Wow, I had completely blocked that out! I vaguely remember that now. For some reason I mostly remember the Meatloaf song, not "Love Stinks" or "Hardware Wars." But yeah, they were there. Ah, memories. Those were the days. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzbassman View Post
I used to go see RHPS with my best friend, Bruno, almost every weekend at the Grove cinema that was located right next to the old post office. They'd play a short called "Hardware Wars" as well as the Meatloaf video.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:37 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,443 times
My 7 year old was watching the Go Phone commercial with Meat Loaf, his Wife and Son. She was singing the song, not knowing that it was a real song, so I showed her the video on Youtube. Meat has really lost weight! Its a great commercial...

Old 04-18-2008, 06:41 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman33 View Post
There used to be a Plantation Pit on Bird Road and 117 St... We used to go there all the time...

Loved it!
I don't remember that, it must have been before the 70's then. The Plantation pit I remember was near 87 Ave close to Lindsley Lumber. I think it is a "casa paco" or something similar now.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
Does anyone remember the Bonfire Restaurant in Miami Beach? I remember my father taking me there as a kid when he was in sales and I remembered guns encased on a wall of the restaurant.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:35 PM

350 posts, read 1,522,033 times
I just saw that commercial for the first time. Cute! His son looks just like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
My 7 year old was watching the Go Phone commercial with Meat Loaf, his Wife and Son. She was singing the song, not knowing that it was a real song, so I showed her the video on Youtube. Meat has really lost weight! Its a great commercial...

Old 04-20-2008, 12:23 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Does anyone remember the Bonfire Restaurant in Miami Beach? I remember my father taking me there as a kid when he was in sales and I remembered guns encased on a wall of the restaurant.
You can see its neon sign in the video on internet archive "where the sun reigns" narrated by Ralph Renick.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 7,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I remember the Bonfire well. Did you ever go to Chateau Madrid? It was a truly wonderful all you can eat buffet on top of some building in Ft Lauderdale. The had everything from soup to whole lobsters and everything in between. (I think it only cost 5.95, but that was in the early 60's).

Old 04-21-2008, 06:24 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
In another week or so, we'll all be able to "remember" the Orange Bowl. I drove by it on the way to Dadeland this weekend and it looks about 60% gone....weird to see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami